How does it feel knowing you'll never win a single accolade because you're a pasty white nerd and not a big beaufitul...

How does it feel knowing you'll never win a single accolade because you're a pasty white nerd and not a big beaufitul black womyn?

it feels okay

I won't win a single accolade because I lack talent. Melanin has nothing to do with it.

I'm a brown man

i'd be worried if they gave me an award for my unpublished novel tbph. are the CIA stealing manuscripts again like when Pasternak won the Nobel?

Last year the Nobel committee literally circumnavigated the entire literary genre to award it to a white guy.
Maybe you should stop assuming your writing is objectively superior because you're a white male and accept that fact that your writing is trash.

This

why would i want the accolade of the public? the average man is peircingly stupid bullshit gimmick like the ones shaped like that where it gets interesting . perhaps you know anything about the death of the house in addition to my obvious reasons why you need to change

>Maybe you should stop assuming your writing is objectively superior because you're a white male and accept that fact that your writing is trash.

I don't write. You obviously also don't read a lot if you seriously thought that I tried to make that argument in any way, by the way.

But this is the intro to The Fifth Season:

> Let's start with the end of the world, why don't we? Get it over with and move on to more interesting things. First, a personal ending. There is a thing she will think over and over in the days to come as she imagines how her son died and tries to make sense of something so innately senseless.

It's trite garbage - and these are the first sentences of the intro, the most polished bit of writing in any book ever. Bound to get even worse. If this won any award at all, I can find no other possible explanation that isn't identity politics.

Jews are white? Huh.

If you dont write you have nothing to say lmao

I do, even more so than any writer can, since I'm much more objective and not influenced at all by the perception of my own work and the inevitable comparisons that I'd make between it and the work under analysis here. I'm a purer critic than any writer could be.

lmao

BTFO'd

You gotta wait 3 hours before a samefag is convincing.

>race is a social construct!! we r all the same!!
>here at FlutterCup Magazine, we strongly encourage people of color or LGBT folk to submit. STRONGLY ENCOURAGE*

[1]Only publish

It is quite frustrating. Was an editor for a mag for a bit and they would literally dissolve any submission made by a white male; if not that, they'd make them come last on the list.

Literature and art isn't dead at all--common sense is

I've always loved the irony of the phrase "common sense," because it is not at all common.

Goddamn it you mean to tell me all my submissions to the lauded and prestigious FlutterCup Magazine won't get published?

Was a parody, user...
Realistically, all big-name outlets are like this. It's in the business.

Its mostly smaller outlets, actually. The big ones dont really give a fuck.

Dylan is Jewish

I'm a short beautiful black man.

I'm a mutt though.

B-b-b-ut the Jews benefit from white privilege, they were never oppress-...

Do you only communicate in memes?

I've been wading through the swamp of bullshit that is The Fifth Season to find some more gems for you guys:

> The world has already ended within her, and neither ending is for the first time. She's old hat at this by now.

> What she thinks then, and thereafter, is: But he was free. And it is her bitter, weary self that answers this almost-question every time her bewildered, shocked self manages to produce it: He wasn't. Not really. But now he will be.

> Yumenes is unique because here alone have human beings dared to build not for safety, not for comfort, not even for beauty, but for bravery.

> Pyramids are the most stable architectural form, and this one is pyramids times five because why not?

> The Black Star is where the leaders of the empire meet to do their leaderish things.

This shit reads like 50 Shades of Grey laden with sff tropes.

A strange sense of relief. Sort of like when you meet someone in a wheelchair or suffering some horrible ailment and you realize just how fortunate you are just to be whole and healthy and normal.

who gives a fuck about sci-fi garbo awards faglord?

>Literature and art isn't dead at all--common sense is
go back to fucking reddit

This is bullshit. If your shit is good, you'll get noticed. God, how many white men get accolades on a hourly basis for their literary output? Please.

>mfw I feel this way everyday as I meet people with heavy negroid or asiatic features at my work which deals with assisting their ilk

Of course it's bullshit, but there is a lot of bias towards garbage like that. It's obvious that you'll get noticed regardless if you're good, or at least it should be. But it's still amusing to point out the ridiculousness that is pc culture these days.

>mfw americans think they're white
>mfw no face because they're basically the parts of the white race too shameful to have sent to the colonies or inflict on the natives
want to know how southern US manners developed? read any author of the era from a proper country and see them note the american children only have etiquette from their black nannies who learnt manners at established courts. you come from a line of whites so failed where they couldn't afford to get blacks to teach them, they became appalachia.
>inb4 i'm not american
it could only be by an error in deportation or bribing someone under cromwell

> God, how many white men get accolades on a hourly basis for their literary output?

Hourly, wowza. Point is that if this garbage in particular - and no one has contested that it isn't garbage - had been written by someone with an Y chromosome, it would have received absolutely no recognition. Potentially - and fairly - it wouldn't even have been published.

Maybe. I don't think it's particularly amusing anymore.

So you're saying we should tolerate inane bullshit because you don't find the criticism funny anymore? Some good mental gymnastics right there.

preach on brother

I'll write under a pseudonym.
Pretending to be a struggling black, handicapped, lesbian woman with a history of abusive white husbands.

As the my work is celebrated over and over and the prizes fills up a container, I can go ahead and reveal the truth to make it stop.

That's the great thing with being a writer instead of actor/musician - nom de plume & fiction is easily accomlished.

Isn't this pmuch what Elena Ferrante's husband did?

>Entered a small poetry competition once
>My poems were nothing special, but I tried to write for the love of the art and didn't include any kind of social message/preaching/bitching
>Finalist list comes out
>Top 3: [something about being black in America], [something about being a woman in America], [something about being "neurodivergent" in America]"

I'm not even mad that I didn't win because I'm under no delusion that my work is all that good. It's just annoying that what I lost to was preachy social garbage that told their whole message from the title alone. Where's the artistry?