What are your Veeky Forums related ambitions?

What are your Veeky Forums related ambitions?

Whether as a reader or a writer, what do you hope to have achieved by the time you're old?

Sex with barely legal girls whenever I want

get published more, get a book published....obtain money. Up until a year or so ago I wanted sex along with the money, but my testosterone is really taking a nosedive I think.

I hope to be finished with Infinite Jest before I die. Holy shit it's a tedious and challenging read. I just can't get into it. It kinda pisses me off because I feel like I've fallen victim to a great prank.

Besides getting work published, I have very high ambitions that are extremely idealistic. I like to dream though.

THIS
>16 is legal in my state

i'm never getting old dude, fuck that shit.

Start a revolution
Make anime real
Become immortal

>Finish the western canon
>write criticism and literature
>be professor
>know 3 other languages fluently
>find faith a la Levin in Anna Karenina

it's going swimmingly, bros

obviously it is clear that Genre Wolfe fags are in fact pedophiles. what a surprise.

I am old already but i hope my forthcoming second book gets the attention it deserves. I want to have a full time college teaching position again. I hope to win an award, because the shit I do isnt easy, and I want everyone to realize I was right all along.

>attain a working knowledge of the history of western philosophy
>get Veeky Forums to match my appearance to my aesthetic sensibility
>experience love

slowly but steadily making progress

Damn user, with that one post I feel your entire life struggle.
>first book a failure
>something happened that ruined your teaching position that you wish to self justify

Keep working at it bro, even elder anons need some motivation. I believe in you.

Thanks - it was an obsessed underage female student that i reported for not letting me in my car one night. You find out very quickly that everything they can blame you for they will. Kangaroo HR courts. Thanks for the kind encouragement.

dude, why the fuck did u escalate it? once there is a formal report like that in the system, it has to be "resolved" somehow, and if you're an adjunct or other disposable employee vs. a student the loser is going to be you, unless the student is literally threatening to shoot up the school you have to let it go

I want to publish short stories to pay for cheap liquor and cigarettes, live in Boston, Montreal, or perhaps in the Laurentian mountains. I'll probably swallow a bottle of sleeping pills before I achieve any of this though

my goal is to publish an influential piece of literary criticism that proves once and for all that people who like what i don't like are fucking stupid

I'm also doing this.

> I feel like I've fallen victim to a great prank.

One could say... an Infinite Jest.

>I am old already but i hope my forthcoming second book gets the attention it deserves. I want to have a full time college teaching position again. I hope to win an award, because the shit I do isnt easy, and I want everyone to realize I was right all along.

Aramini detected.

My dream is to be a great writer. Maybe I am one already, although I wonder if I'm not just merely "good" at this point. But my dream is to become, and eventually be acknowledged as, someone truly great in the history of literature, someone whose work goes into the Western Canon.

Relatedly, it's a dream of mine to do as Dante did with the Comedy, and write a work the likes of which the world has never seen before.

that guy sure is a blight, eh?

she wouldn't let me in my car until I verbally agreed to have sex with her and she was already starting nasty rumors because I was trying to avoid her; I knew the job was probably screwed but I could do without the jail. She wouldn't leave my office, parked her car near mine, lingered in the hallway, etc. If she were 18 I would have let that shit go but the risk of getting arrested for bullshit meant it had to come out in the open.

>What are your Veeky Forums related ambitions?

To write/translate shit and get money to have it published. Aiming for recognition is pointless. Even if you are eventually recognized as someone of extraordinary merit, it'll probably be long after your death in penury.

>16
>pedo

Spoken with Gene lately? How's he doing?

not too recently - his responses are sometimes slow now. His son died last year. I try not to bother him.

>His son died last year

Jesus, had no idea. Rosemary and his son too. Poor man.

I want to put Norway on the map in the science fiction world with a masterpiece that will revitalize the genre. But more realistically I might get a few short stories published and die alone.

I want to create the unwritten Paradiso of Joyce. Dubliners vita nuova, Ulysses hell, Finnwake purg, X paradiso

except as a graphic novel / book

I find myself more often enamored with images that belie translation into words, forms over conceptual signifiers. Sometimes I wonder how many authors would forsake their current mode of occupation if they had skill in drawing.

In order to do this you'll probably have to become Joyce in some psychological/metaphysical sense.

Rent is pretty cheap in Montreal.

All I want to do is make art.

Pedophile AND autistic. Good luck to you.

This doesn't follow.

Also please stop being Islamophobic, it's 2017.

To encounter for the millionth time the reality of experience and to forge in the smithy of my soul the uncreated conscience of my race.

this this this. we are one and the same anonbro

On the artistic plane: publishing a couple of good books, would also love to do some comics, delve into their theory and maybe publish a book about it as well. It's a young medium, I feel a sort of a duty to try to contribute to it.
On the philosophical plane: finding the Truth and peace.

gl, friend. how goes your progress?

weave pretentious literary references throughout legal memos w/o being detected

>w/o
I want you to die

I want to be the guy that people ask "hey, you read. what's a good book I should read?"

I also have a good idea for a book but my writing is really bad and I don't want to make it seem too contrived or pontificating.

I wish I could formulate my ideas better too. But I feel like my time is consumed by work.

This is the only ambition a man should have. All other ambitions are a means of trying to attain this goal.