Why aren't women good at writing?

Why aren't women good at writing?

patriarchy.

Totally terrible indeed.

1. Because the thought, "if I don't succeed at this, nobody will ever love me" never crosses a woman's mind.

2. Because art is the refuge of the lonely, and women never have to be lonely if they don't want to be.

just imho, apologies if it sounds too /r9k/. I swear I never go there.

I knew that someone would throw Virginia Woolf or Jane Austen here. Lets just say behind every great 'woman writer' is a great man editor.

Female high iq outliers are lower than their male counterparts, so there are less genius female writers to produce great works of literature. It's not too surprising when you look at it from a biological perspective. We have the Bronte's, Woolf, Austen, and a good amount of great female poets as well as other prose writers that i'm undoubtedly missing. I don't think women have done too bad, given the circumstances. II do think that it's a shame that we likely won't see another great work from a female though, unless the current western paradigm shifts drastically to a more reactionary era. Female writers were only really great when they were legitimately oppressed, just like the blacks (and great is subjective there. I like a couple of them decently well).

Nobels and dumbbells idea.
Men have a much wider distribution in nearly everything. Majority brainlets are men, but the majority of geniuses are also men.
This applies to nearly everything you can map onto a bell curve distribution

It's sad to be honest. Imagine being born a woman and knowing you will never , no matter what you do, understand your craft the way a man does. You're just playing pretend. I imagine every woman knows they are a fraud deep down.

Hence the constant need for pats on the back.

>Lets just say behind every great 'woman writer' is a great man editor.
>when ezra pound, one of the most bro editors in the history of man, disagrees with you
>when you think austen was edited well
kek
>retards think men are generally outliers in the verbal sections
it's amazing how many people can't read a chart that says it gives no accurate information on genius or retardation fit into the data it more accurately represents. i'm calling you normies, bitches

>retards think men are generally outliers in the verbal sections
Women do perform better, on average, at verbal tasks, iirc, but I'll bet that among those with perfect scores on the verbal section of the SAT, males are overrepresented.
Also, IQ tests definitely give some accurate information on genius and retardation.

>Also, IQ tests definitely give some accurate information on genius and retardation.
the only information it gives is that it can no longer accurately test you outside of normal ranges. hence it only produces anything resembling "normies". it gives no valuable information on life success past one SD above the norm, so even the 125IQ normies have no significant boost in any form of success besides standardized tests, like their 135IQ normie friends. all it does it give you a slight edge above a slightly slower normie if you're beyond that SD if you both have normie circumstances.
>on average
kek, people talking about IQ always sound like gamblers insisting they have a system. the outliers are not near the average point

>the outliers are not near the average point
Obviously. I thought you were suggesting that women are overrepresented among high-scoring outliers on the verbal sections due to their higher mean scores (which affect the distribution's tales.)
But essentially, men are not generally outliers in the verbal sections, but outliers in the verbal sections are (probably) generally male.

It's funny how people throw out the same handful of female authors to back up their point when the sex inferiority is mentioned. This actually proves our point.

Female authors of note: 20 people if you're generous
Male authors of note: Literally everyone else

Likewise with female comedians or Christian terrorists.

>A woman has never written a good b-

That's why Emily Dickinson is remembered as one of the greatest poets of all time and had less than twelve of her poems published during her lifetime.

Define "authors of note"

because a woman's whole game is getting and keeping a man. men run shit. and with that comes greater burden, struggles, anxieties, etc., and that usually makes for more compelling subject matter for a novel. it's like how the common complaint about female comedians is that all they do is talk about their vaginas. what else could they talk about?

also, they're less driven and inclined to create, probably linked to some genetic/hormonal factors.

that said, there have been many great female novelists. just not nearly as many as men.

they not probably generally male. male advantage in outliers comes from other sections (g factor gets a lot of heat for this, but things like spatial reason often give the average score more of the bump), but what you're doing is taking an average of all sections combined and assuming its the average of any one.

high scoring outliers for verbal sections aren't generally male- likewise the high scoring outlier for spatial reasoning isn't often female. females do have higher overall scores in general on verbal sections, which makes it harder for them to be outliers within their group, but for a male to be an outlier for his gender, he just needs to make an average female score.
it's often the same thing when you hear about female outliers in spatial reasoning: they got close to an average male on the task, which makes them special for their gender, but not special overall.
to be an outlier overall, you have to do better than the best average female, and a male outlier that side of the gender bias of the section is much rarer than a female.

the good news is that doesn't affect authors. verbal IQ for male authors doesn't need to be high compared to an average 14 year old girl. the bad news is that once you move towards grading the content of books through linguistic analysis rather than thinking IQ affects literature, lesbians win. i think a lot of /pol/ is more comfortable LARPing as scienticians white men with high IQs (which, again, means nothing) than they are LARPing as dykes. probably because they don't have the linguistic range lesbians do, but they are straight white males and can't help ranking lower than both dykes and faggots in literary achievements and range.

Nowadays I'd honestly blame smartphones.
"College level" writing is now spelling most things correctly.

>female authors
~6
>female comedians
One? Maybe two.

COOOL THREEEEDD OUGH PEEEH

We have this thread everyday.

I just want you to know that your post got a real chuckle out of me

Evolutionary speaking, women were too busy with childbearing to be good at anything else.
The few notable women outliers prove the rule.

They've no reason to be. Creativity, logic, humor, artistry, it simply isn't what they evolved for. You literally have millions of years of conditioning making very plain the simple fact that they belong in the proverbial kitchen.

>Emily Dickinson
>Dickinson
k e k
e
k

Has there ever even been a single book written by a woman?

Not my job to do that, but whichever way you cut it male authors shit on female ones.

Have you considered that perhaps, as a man, you simply have a different set of background experiences and interests that makes you find most of what women write unappealing?

>Women write things appealing only to women
>Men write things appealing to all of humanity

Makes you think.

the "women are intellectually equal to men" meme has to stop

Historically, for sure. But in the last century or so the playing field has leveled considerably. I'm not trying to shit on your opinions or say you're stupid or anything like that, but I have to take views such as yours with a grain of salt due to the fact that the average guy on Veeky Forums considers DFW, DeLillo, Pynchon, Cormac, et al to be "good" authors. You know, it's kind of sad, but some people on this site have only read maybe a couple hundred meme novels, and then they think that they're "well read" enough to form an "assessment" of woman authors they've never even read.

Fools rush in and all that.

that girl on the left is beyond cute

and that old man is so fucking dapper

is this what all slavs look like?

>Because art is the refuge of the lonely, and women never have to be lonely if they don't want to be

savage af

Fuck, this is true

I wouldn't be surprised if women had the thought in 1 more than men. Number 2 is very true.

Nice.

>get mixed emotions
>put it into writing
>it's not in order

are women postmodern?

Man are generally better, but I must say that there're exceptions. Sylvia Plath wrote about depression, apathy, suicidal ideology etc. in The Bell Jar like no other has ever written. (yes, I'm emo)

Lots of reasons. As others were saying, men dominate the high intelligences. You can question how accurate IQ tests/studies are, but there is clearly a difference between men and women intellectually. The last few decades would tell you this. The education and employment sectors have deliberately changed to give women every advantage imaginable, yet every time you see a new invention, it's a man, every big success in tech is by a man etc.

I also think it has to do with things like empathy. Despite what we are told, in my opinion men have far more empathy for different people than women. Women seem to be able to have great empathy for children and other women, but for men that empathy seems to dry up. Whereas, for men, I think our empathy is more broad, and frankly, genuine.

And in modern times, I really think women have it far too easy to write really great literature. I think a lot of great literature is written by those who have struggle or at the very least a bit different. With women having it easier and being more conformist than men, I think that is why women are so concentrated in shitty romance books.

My sister legitimately think Zelda Fitzgerald actually wrote all of F. Scott's books. I didn't ask her to explain where it came from but it just pissed me off so much when she brought it up the other day.