Are his works nihilistic?

Are his works nihilistic?
If not... how do you define him?

some kind of chipper sailor with a gap in his tooth

No, his works are yukyukistic.

Yes, extremely, although I think categorizing him as nihilistic is too simple. Essentially his argument in GR was that the world was run by guys who don't give a shit about anything other than business and everything we thought we knew about history and WW2 was complete bullshit. Not to mention the recurring metaphor in his work of everything being changing shit, as in literal transforming fecal matter.

oh, and to add, this vision of the world, that everything is controlled by this cabal of rich men, is preferable and necessary to believe in rather than the reality of the world actually being completely and ridiculously incomprehensible.

So there's no hope?

If you are a manlet and have shit genes then you have no hope of finding a gf, yes.

I meant in his works- specifically GR

So he knows about the Jew?

Yes, there's friendship and love.

It's capitalism, materialism, and technology, basically.

You can't be paranoid and nihilistic at the same time.

No, Pynchon's books have a strong sense of empathy and morality. He values human kindness, egalitarianism, and individualism and is negative towards authoritarianism, cruelty, and bigotry.

Retard

This

Pynchon is the embodiment of the 60s era postmodern, nihilistic, selfishly individualistic, kooky, childish, unserious, self-hating, minority-worshipping, boomer attitude that has been so detrimental to the west. He's an amazing writer, but he is the embodiment of something very bad, and this means he was less effective than he would have been in a less idealistically fake era not represented by Western civilizational decline.

Tbqh this.
I'm not sure how you'd view him as nihilistic. At the core his characters despite events outside of their control deeply experience life and meaning.

>He values human kindness, egalitarianism, and individualism and is negative towards authoritarianism, cruelty, and bigotry.
ie. self loathing sjw faggot

The WWII of GR was more of an allegory for the 60s and early 70s than any real statement on the actual war.

Perfect summary.

Fuck, are you serious? Care to elaborate?

he might be on Veeky Forums right now

is this a jojo reference?

Everything is nihilistic because its meaningless.

False flag