Unpuzzle this, Veeky Forums. I'm an MTF who started taking female hormones like 4 months ago. Since then...

Unpuzzle this, Veeky Forums. I'm an MTF who started taking female hormones like 4 months ago. Since then, my desire to read has dropped pretty dramatically - as have a lot of other things eg anxious moods, panic attacks, stuff. I'm not getting these sort of negative moods anything like as often. So - I'm realising - I think for me reading had a therapeutic role, a role which I no longer need from it. (Before now, I'd been a relatively avid reader, 60-70 books a year.) But now the loathsome feelings I'd get which, back then, would lead me to read until I felt better, are not there.

Pre-transition, I kind of physically ~needed~ to read, and so it was an easy habit to keep. Now I don't, but I've kind of made literature into my career, so I need to find a different reason. What should I read fiction for, if not the feels?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Maybe-Should-Fuck-Yourself-German/dp/3732284166/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498040141&sr=8-1&keywords=Maybe should fuck yourself.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What should I read fiction for, if not the feels?
To help you grow as a person you wish to become? Which you couldn't do before?

>Insert blunt YA theme here

>MTF
>doesn't read
Well, you transitioned quite successfully at least

Human beings are not adequately defined by their gender, inasmuch as their race, or height, or eye color. If you felt the need to transform whatever you called your "inner feelings" to conform to your bodily avatar then you're seeking self expression in terribly inaccurate channels.

It doesn't matter if you feel like you have an inner penis and are an outer woman, nor if you feel you have an inner vagina and are an outer man.

These things don't matter. On the scale of what this world is right now.

Fulfillment is not predicated on sexual whatevers. But what to fall prey to cultural conditioning. Take a silent step back from everything for a month, yeah?

What would help me do that? Any contemporary lit recs?

nah

gender is not self expression anymore than your lungs are self expression. Everyone has a pair of lungs, or a pair of sexual organs. These things are peripheral. You gave them import because you have nothing else. Go F Yourself.

Well if your goal is to become a woman you're certainly on the right track.

>Go F Yourself
I tried to google this book recommendation, only came up with this: amazon.com/Maybe-Should-Fuck-Yourself-German/dp/3732284166/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498040141&sr=8-1&keywords=Maybe should fuck yourself.

>What would help me do that?
I suppose it would start with god long look at yourself now free from constant stress and gender dysmorphia. Now you can read for self improvement rather than as a distraction.

>t. I have no idea what I am talking about

it's your body telling you it's rejecting the estrogen and you aren't trutrans. women make up the majority of readers, and if you desire to read didn't increase by at least 200 pages per day, you're just statistically not meant to be a grill. get a job instead of living off autismbux, beta

my reading speed has actually gone up a lot bc i find it easier to focus - there's just less motive

yeah you're going to look FtM

revert FTM

I found this amusing, thank you user :)

this is an interesting point, i think you might be right - to move from less a damage-controlling, emergency-situation type of reading, to a post-emergency, constructive/reconstructive type of reading

Readers confirmed as mentally ill faggots

Also - I consider the question I've asked one that could be of, at least, some legitimate interest to anyone who cared about literature, so whatever very generous very helpful lesson re: the error of my ways you'd like to give, I do think, since we're on a literature board, you might keep it to yourself and focus on the subject - ie literature - which I imagine most of you'd claim is important to you? (I mean, like, more important than putting some rando tranny either back on the right course or into the furnace, whichever vibe you're coming from.)

>I do think, since we're on a literature board, you might keep it to yourself and focus on the subject - ie literature - which I imagine most of you'd claim is important to you?

hahahaha. people care about lit here but this is Veeky Forums and shitposting will abound regardless.

if you want to make pithy jabs about off-topic shit go to reddit. your overly policing posting mentality is tailor-made for that place.

>Pre-transition, I kind of physically ~needed~ to read, and so it was an easy habit to keep.
This is not an inherent quality of books, rather it is a property of your past personality. One could say that you were wrong in the first place for reading books in such a manner, and that you've never really grasped the actual essence of the act of reading.

>What should I read fiction for, if not the feels?
From different points of view (in this case we're talking about the most sophisticated that have ever existed, since we're talking about literature) one can, through hidden heuristics, costantly grow as a person, finding in himself new dimensions, and in the world new interpretations. You could call it glorified introspection/therapy, but it's efficacy is so majestic that it ends up justifying, in the long run, this need that is ultimately phisiological. Even in the most materialist analysis one can only see benefits in reading.

If you're not supporting an higher cause, wether it's political, religious or ideological in nature, then you're stuck with the necessity of admitting a terrible truth of your career choice: the fact that you're literary desires and aspirations are based on selfishness.
Countless writers before you have admitted it, and the last century has seen countless authors basing their entire ouvre on the concept of pointlessness that is related to the artistic pursuit that is not moved by higher goals.

let's talk about how you're so bad a trap that we haven't asked for feet. i'm writing a novel on the subject.

You've had an awful lot going on recently, so maybe it's been hard lately to find either the time or the concentration to devote to reading.

Try something that'll be easier to read, like some short stories. Or some YA or something Why not? Def not because of anything negative someone on Veeky Forums might say.

Speaking of which, just in general minimize your exposure to poison from places like this one

Kindly reminder that Veeky Forums is a board for cis Catholics and trans exclusionary radical feminists. Trannies gotta go

You're not a girl. Something in your brain is broken, you're not unique in this respect because we're all a little broken in our own ways. It sucks but you just have to deal with in a productive way. The hormones your taking are not a productive way to deal with this. They're destroying your body and they will cause you a lot of physical problems down the road. Stop destroying yourself and start building yourself up, then maybe one day you'll find yourself being happy with who you really are.

Is this the bait thread of the year?

Who are you? I know angie comes here. When will you become my cock sleeve, stop thinking you're anything more than a walking onahole. Real girls know they are, why can't you?

Okay, off-topic sort of, but I'll try to keep it literary as possible.

How'd you know, fully, you were trans? I ask because I'm dealing with a lot of dysphoria for the past week or so, and the first time in two years that the "thoughts" have come back. As a result I haven't read a word of anything. No non-fiction, ficition, poetry etc. I just can't drown out the feeling. How did you come to the conclusion?

lol looks like you got what you wished for girlbrain