Start writing a serious, profound, intelligent, high-brow work of literature

>start writing a serious, profound, intelligent, high-brow work of literature
>ends up turning into an anime-inspired light novel

What the fuck is going on here Veeky Forums? I don't even like anime. I've never had a girlfriend. Yet everything I write goes from Nietzsche to Nippon in like 5k words

My most recent book started out as a discourse on the sense of detachment caused by advanced consumer technology, but within a day I ended up writing three chapters about two teenagers who meet in church and run away together in the direction of the ocean. How do I stop this?

Complaining about feeling detached because of [aspect of culture] is just writing about racism for white dudes. It's not profound, intelligent or high brow at this point, and it's been done in a better way than you'll ever do it countless times. Your writing starts out as cookie cutter shit and ends up as a different kind of cookie cutter shit. You will never write anything of significance, just thinly veiled fan fiction. Give up.

>>ends up turning into an anime-inspired light novel
>I don't even like anime

How do you know what an anime story looks like if you don't watch anime?

What gender are these characters? Because I would love to something that involved both Nietzsche and young attractive men running towards the ocean together.

>How do I stop this?
Break your fingers. You are guaranteed to not write any anime for several months. Break them again if needed.

I did not know that advanced consumer technology was [aspect of culture]. How would you explain feeling detached then?

>within a day I ended up writing three chapters about two teenagers who meet in church and run away together in the direction of the ocean.
That doesn't sound like any light novel I've ever read. Perhaps the term you're looking for is a regular novel?

Just write your anime-inspired book then. If you sprinkle in some philosophical stuff you'll trick people into thinking it's deeper than it really is. Two birds with one stone.

You should keep writing this book anyway because I want to read it. In fact why don't you just post the chapters right now? Let's see what you've got.

>I've never had a girlfriend.
You realize this is probably the real reason why you're writing a story about characters falling in love or something.

Kimi No Na Wa was so mediocre it's not evrn funny

It's called Your Name you fucking weeb.

Cringe

Yeah I bet you watched the Dub too fuckboy

I wrote this book that was supposed to have been inspired by Finnegans Wake but it turned into a coldsteel-tier scifi/fantasy thing involving gratuitous violence, references to Evola, superpowers, and needless amounts of sex. The complete manuscript is just sitting around now because it's about the most aggressively unmarketable thing ever. Not a virgin but never had a gf either.

No matter what I write, even a sentence, if it's fiction it turns into genre trash. watch.

Stately, plump Buck Mulligan, vampire prince, hovered up from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of human eyeballs on which ornate cutlery lay crossed.

See that shit? It keeps happening, even when I just try to copy passages from memory.

that's what up, op is most likely a fag who can't think

Here's another example.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a waifu.

I didn't mean to type that! But I did! And now it's garbage!

Clearly you don't know what you want to write yet which is usually a result of having nothing to write. Stop trying to force something out of yourself that isn't there yet.

t. guy who tried writing the same book several times until finally reaching a version that fit what he wanted to do. I'm not finished, but it's now on the path that I always wanted it to be on and repeatedly failed to keep it on. Before, I was jumping into something I just wasn't emotionally ready for yet. Over time, after distancing myself from the project and focusing on improving my personal life as well as reading more and absorbing other things, I finally had the assets in my head that I needed for my intuition to work its magic.

dont listen to this faggot OP, keep trying buddy

We already had this exact thread.

Maybe you should make plan first?

Everything I write turns to memes

Stately, plump Buck Mulligan screamed across the sky while surrounded by heads and bodies