Need an author who's straight up brutal, eerie and abrasive

Need an author who's straight up brutal, eerie and abrasive.

Perhaps also very descriptive and visual, visceral.

I haven't read that much since I'm only starting out, but so far I like Franz Kafka (for the scenes he puts you in, so complicated and unconfortable), and I tried Edgar Allan Poe, but so far I didn't like him - he seemed like a nerd that tried to feed its readers with science facts. I might be wrong, maybe I read his weaker work, but I found his stories unpleasant to read and boring.

If you have suggestions of books that give out the same vibe as the pic related album I'd appreciate it.

Also, authors that start a book suddenly catches your attention from the first sentence.

Yukio Mishima exactly

okay which book do you advise I start with?

Sailor Who Fell From Grace, some kind user might provide teh Mishima chart. I don't personally like Mishima, but most other guys here love him

literature isn't for brutality, eerieness and abrasion - aside from, say, jerzy kosinski

film is a better medium for what you're looking for!

I've been exposed to the film world for a while now, but it's books I need. I'm sure there are some good brutal books out there, I figured this board would know some good niche

try The Consumer by Michael Gira and Proxy by Peter Sotos

you can easily find a PDF of the first and i'm pretty sure a copy of the second is only like 20 bucks (if you don't want to pay that, you can just grab the pdf for his Pure vines, and although they fit your criteria, they are also pure shit)

could try some of these i guess

which one do you recommend?

havent read a single one of them, just saved the chart at some point

I know its almost meme-tier, but what about de Sade's 120 Days of Sodom?

>No Burroughs

tried the film but didn't find it interesting. I liked serbian filmed and nekromantik better

I heard about burroughs in the same context with death grips and I'm interested in reading him but the books in my mother tongue are out of stock and I don't want to read anything in english

anybody have a source for the german version of the piano teacher?

personally i think it's really hard to pull off violence in prose... i'll recommend you

-the goalie's anxiety at the penalty kick by peter handke
-120 of sodom by marquis de sade

really, if you knew the films that are what you're looking for, you wouldn't be asking for books to scratch an urge that literature can't - without devolving into unliterary crap

why don't you try some stephen king?

I think if you don't wanna read him in english then don't even bother.

His experimental prose is what he excelled at, and he also used a lot of expressions of the counter-culture of his time which I'd think can't really be translated.

uh jelinkek? duh??

no, i mean like a source to download it from, been looking for a while, but cant find any illicit sources

you think so? my german is very weak and I don't want to improve my english because it's standing in my way of learning german and I can't do both and I needgerman a lot more than I need english.

is the language complicated in burroughs' books? will I have to use the dictionary a lot?

Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Z Brite

>is the language complicated in burroughs' books? mate. he essentially reused the cut up technique from the dadaists, if you don't read it in english you really ought to not bother

oh man, Nekromantik is one of my favorite films

Uhhh American Psycho... DUH!!!!!

does anyone know where to get The Complete Manual of Suicide book? it's got my interest now

I read misery by stephen king and after I finished it I felt dumber than I was before reading it. stephen king is shit

but thank you for that handke suggestion, I'll look into it

right? good shit.

do you know any other films like nekromantik?

what are your favourite films?

Fuck the movie. It's just an in-spirit adaptation, although a well made one. De Sade is supposed to be read. Read in solitude, only you and several hundred year old writings of a man that wrote about true perversion, suffering and debauchery.

CORMAC

This
also good album choice OP

If anything, his dada influence would be reason to read him in another language

justine, torture garden, in the mosi soup aren't worth your time.
Respectively
>moronically edgy
>dull
>meaningless
Of those I've read on this list, story of the eye is the one that is the best. Geek Love is amazing, too, but probably not what you're looking for

Mishima, Bataille, and Jean Genet are my boys when it comes to this sort of thing. If you want something slightly less good, but more in your face, Exquisite Corpse.

okay then could you suggest me some films?

Der Todesking was the best Buttgereit movie.

You can't really translate R3CT4L MUC0US

/mu/h fagget. This is a blue board.

sorry

Not him, but check out Angst by Gerald Kargl.

seen it