Chef Jeremy Fox on how he got his knife skill

"Everyday, for about three months, I went to the store, got five pounds of potatoes, sometimes ten, and just practiced dicing, doing a perfect dice, and made home fries, like O'Brien potatoes, for everyone in my dorm.

"And, I did that repeatedly, I did that a lot, religiously, I would just make home fries every day, and that got me a lot better. Just repetition and speed.

"As time went on, I got faster and better at it."

youtu.be/0gnnJILla7A?t=35s

So, are you going to get a bag of potatoes tomorrow and start dicing?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Potato-Hack-Weight-Loss-Simplified/dp/1530028620
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is it okay if I eat the potatoes myself instead?

literally who?

Thanks for wasting food, I guess.

You're supposed to eat them

>So, are you going to get a bag of potatoes tomorrow and start dicing?
Nah.

Is that what Jack uses for his amazing cuisine?

only americans eat fries every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner

:^)

I'm American and while I don't eat fries that much, for me they could fit into any meal of the day. Fries are really good!

What is his ethnicity exactly? His last name suggests Anglo, but he looks kinda white Spanish.

Bet he made some friends in his dorm that way

Are you insinuating something?

You never know with these spergs. Apparently avocados are trendy, szechuan food was invented by reddit, and not knowing how to cook is for "the feminazis", so for all we know "made some friends in his dorm" means, specifically, gave blow jobs in exchange for peanut oil, in Veeky Forums-speak.

I've got no one to cook for

Literally my life. Thoughts exactly

I used to chop up potatoes and make chips for my dorm buddies (well not really buddies but they ate them) all the time

At the time was just being nice but now I realize I could have been training for a job where I make fries 12 hours a day in a hot kitchen instead of a software engineer

What the fuck does that have to do with it?

This is the dumbest shit to me, how ebout you get a job cooking and get paid to do the same thing for three months. That's the whole point of the dish>prep>line hierarchy.

He's saying he did this in addition to school work at culinary school because he felt his knife work was lacking.

This idiot had access to public libraries (and apparently a college education) but instead he learned to chop potatoes. Now he's on YouTube talking about it.

This is why the world hates liberals.

Why the fuck did they suddenly ask "Do you cry?" at the end? Is that their attempt to make this video more artistic?

not american and i love fries too, but i couldn't eat them daily. switching up side dishes is pretty nice and also healthy

lol yeah what a dumbass, taking time to work on a skill he values. I'll bet the fuckin rube even enjoyed it!

Because they were talking about dicing onions into perfect cubes right before that, dumdum.

If you've ever chopped an onion or see anyone chop an onion or seen someone in a movie chop an onion you would know crying is associated with chopping onions. It was an opportunity for a joke or a possible trick to avoid crying which the chef didn't take.

Julia child did the same thing.

kek, actually I wasn't. Making homemade fries for starving college kids is probably a great way to make new friends. I bet they would call you HomeFry

yes

amazon.com/Potato-Hack-Weight-Loss-Simplified/dp/1530028620

: ^ )

Everyone knows you just stick your tongue out when cutting onions

The juice from the onion sticks to the moisture on your tongue instead of your eyes

Just try it

>a skill he values
and nobody else

counter point:
chip butty

He has two Michelin stars and a James Beard award.

Can you say the same for yourself?

Seems like the time effort outweighs the reward.

>5 pounds of anything per day
wew

I have four Michelin tires and a Regular Beard.
Check and mate

one of my friends has one of these. I raced him from start to finished cleaning up, and yeah I won. This is for moms with poor skills that use that retarded sideways pinch grip.

>finished cleaning up
your friend probably cleans too much, that shouldnt take any longer to clean than your knife, its just potato.

>8 and 12 dollar "artisan" beers on tap
Hot garbage.

Or it's just a bad product, thing had to come apart into like 3 or 4 pieces to be washed properly. Also, how are you going to sharpen those blades? At one point he didn't put the potato in quite right and it got stuck he had to pull it out with a fork and when he put it through normally he ended up with a bunch of potato shrapnel because of the conflicting cuts.

It would take an average American 2 hours of work to earn enough money for a beer.

NYC fag here, thats how much an average beer costs at a bar here. Its always some artisanal shit. like 8-12 a pint

That price is insulting, and clearly demonstrates how fucked up and corrupt cities are when a g'damn bar has to charge 12 bucks for a fucking beer.

>things being expensive in the city because the land is limited and there are tons of high-income people bidding up each other, and prices charged by business rising because of increased real estate cost is somehow corruption

kys dumb nigger

>things being expensive in the city because idiots are living on top of each other like rats creating limited space for retail sales to desperate people which city "leaders" exploit by passing exorbitant taxes on citizens and businesses alike that drive up the price of everything to unreasonable rates

kys dumb kike

You just spewed a bunch of ad hominem instead of proposing a different model to understand why things are expensive in the city.

You just spewed a bunch of irrelevant high school debate club garbage instead of refuting anything in that post.

>being dehydrated
wew

>measuring water in pounds
wew