Can you explain this Übermensch shit to me?

Can you explain this Übermensch shit to me?

1. How does the Übermensch as an idea defeat nihilism? Why would Zarathustra the destroyer of values give a damn about the Übermensch? Is it just Nietzsche writing his own desires in?

2. On one hand he describes the Übermensch as an evolution above men on the other hand he gives Cesare Borgia as an example.
Yet again he rejects the heroic interpretation of the Übermensch while also giving Goethe as an example.
What characteristics does the Übermensch have? Is he just a very "Will to power"full human or a philosophical concept? Is he a vision of the future or something men can become?

3. How? This question is of course heavily dependent on 2. Ammorality isn't really a spare characteristic most people just fail to live out their will to power.
Is the Übermensch just a description of success?

4. How do Will to Power and Übermensch as concepts belong together? Does the Übermensch overcome the will to power or has he just more will to power?

5. What is the significance of Eternal Return other than determinism and "quasi Nihilism"?
How does it influence the other two?

I've read Zarathustra, Beyond Good and Evil and Genealogy of Moral so I hope I can interact with your explanations yet especially the first point doesn't go into my head.
Thanks in advance.

I've tried to find the Goethe statement for reference but I couldn't find it so I may just misrember on that one. Please ignore

The Ubermensch is the Uber-Kantian virtuous man.

1. By destroying traditional values, he creates room for self-legislation, thereby becoming a truly auto-nomous being. And no Nietzsche is not writing his own 'desires' or values in it, but opening up the space for one to write his own values.
2. See above.
3. It is a description of striving to succeed. Cf. The heaviest burden or The Myth of Sisyphus
4. Everybody partakes in the will to power. The Ubermensch makes the best of it.
5. Cf. answer to 3
6. I've never read any Nietzsche so don't take any of this seriously

create yourself as a work of art

read Goethe's biography he was all about 'the art of living'

one and only bump

Nietzsche is not consistent. Don't read Nietzsche systematically. Don't read Nietzsche expecting that he isn't constantly imposing his Will upon you.
The Uebermensch is a figure without words. The Uebermensch exacts their Will and creates a world in their own image which they will love eternally and unconditionally.
It's important to understand Plato and Christianity when reading Nietzsche. Very little is so important. He transubstantiates both constantly.
The Uebermensch overcomes nihilism because the Uebermensch values Himself without peer. The Uebermensch does not value nothingness or anything else against Himself. The Uebermensch broods over the nothingness and fills it with his Will.

Well he's dead now so it can't be that good

1. Nihilism is the realization following the Death of God that all values and morals are nothing more than human artifacts imposed by others (Kantian "you must", Christianity's precepts).
While a passive nihilist is overwhelmed, the Übermensch (active nihilist) uses this newfound lack of values to assert his own, individually, and become legislator of himself.
2. The Übermensch is a self legislator, understands there are no values therefore asserts his own values, fully embraces the Eternal Return because he lives every moment fully, says "Yes" to life and has a strong moral, as opposed to the moral of the slaves.
>3. Is the Übermensch just a description of success?
Yes
4. >Everybody partakes in the will to power. The Ubermensch makes the best of it.
What this guy says
5. The Eternal Return in short is the concept of the Eraclitean permanence of change, it's not ciclic or circular cause that would make it inert, but it gives validity to the moment as opposed to the linear conception of time which destroys it continuously.

t. got an exam on The Gay Science tomorrow

Thank you so much

You're welcome but I'd appreciate it even more if somebody else chimed in with their own view, wouldn't mind some reviewing prior to my exam

I don't know about your exam but can't we have a Nietzsche general?
Can you elaborate on the distinction between Kantian "you must" and Nietzsche's ubermensch? Isn't eternal recurrence an attempt to "universalise the maxim of action/intention", regardless of whether he takes it literally or not?

Went well thank you
Of course we can
(Ending this post now so I save the thread from extinction, I'm gonna elaborate on what you asked in the next post)

>5. The Eternal Return in short is the concept of the Eraclitean permanence of change, it's not ciclic or circular cause that would make it inert, but it gives validity to the moment as opposed to the linear conception of time which destroys it continuously.
I dont get this, so its circular AND linear?

Kantian "you must", the categorical imperative, is an attempt to impose a moral, a specified set of rules, on the individual.
According to Nietzsche it's necessary to craft a set of rules, otherwise we would be lost and at the mercy of the abyss, the continuum that is reality.
However, it's egoistical to try and expand one's own set of values to humanity as a whole, and that's what Kant, Christianity, Plato all tried to do. It's something that works on those who are weak willed, because they don't have the strength to stand tall against the storm that is reality, uncovered behind the rules arbitrarily set by religion and science.
The Eternal Return is the description of this phenomenon exactly,it's Eraclitean as I've said in my other post in the sense that nothing is stable, except change itself.
The Übermensch must accept this fact and use it as motivation to disregard all superimposed values and create his own.
Of course just by saying this Nietzsche is universalizing his own interpretation, but that's the old scepticism counter-argument of "saying we're not able to know anything is knowing something per se".
Nietzsche differs in that his philosophy is just supposed to incite the Übermensch, without trampling his individuality.
(That's the same reason why he supports prospectivism, every interpretation is equal and they're only as strong as the will of power of the individual who proposes them)

Why should an ubermensch not impose his will and values onto others? Isnt that what Napolean did?

It's neither circular nor linear.
If you've seen Arrival it's like the aliens' perception of time, it's all in front of them past present and future as a whole.
That way what the focus is really on is the instant, the present time.
In a linear conception every moment gets run over by the next
In a circular view it's just past-present-future-repeat
In reality they're all melt together in a time space continuum. The linear distinction is our doing, just like the concept of casuality-effect, which has a temporal component itself.

>Why should an ubermensch not impose his will and values onto others? Isnt that what Napolean did?
Yea, Napoleon and Caesar and Hitler, he mentions some other figures too
Thing is, every individual is different so this shouldn't happen, you can't apply your values to anybody else, and even if it did happen the only ones that would deliberately submit would be the weak willed (see my other post).
At the same time, Nietzsche appreciates a moral when it's a strong moral characterized by good values, like courage, strength as opposed to the weak ones of Christianity. This was the case in ancient times, e.g. Iliad.
That being said, Nietzsche is firmly against totalitarianism while respecting a dictator for the reason I've said above: to be a dictator you must have a strong will to power, to submit to a dictatorship (which is the same as submitting to a religion) a weak one.

Why is it called eternal recurrence if it doesnt recur

>Why should an ubermensch not impose his will and values onto others? Isnt that what Napolean did?
what, where in the post are you getting that from? the übermensch does indeed impose his worldview on others; he does not accept a perspective externally given him without fighting it first

t. not the guy who wrote the post your quoting

Yes, but if I remember correctly Nietszche realized that most humans cannot be ubermensches right? So they have to accept the values and worldview created by one?

kek. I'll give you a (You) a day too late

Eternity recurs
>Nietszche realized that most humans cannot be ubermensches right?
Whether the Übermensch is an achievable state or just a model humans have to tend towards I cannot say, surely most people can't.
>So they have to accept the values and worldview created by one?
That's probably how the Nazis interpreted but to the best of my knowledge no, they should still strive to reach that state even if it's precluded to them.

>Eternity recurs
what the fuck does that mean

Something that never ends happens again BUT its not cyclical at all?

you dont need Neetchee to tell you that, look around you

>Something that never ends happens again BUT its not cyclical at all?
Yes. It's not the repetition of a succession of events, it's not a succession at all. It's chaos, a vortex, a continuum.

If its chaos how does it rec...

ok i give up

. What is the significance of Eternal Return other than determinism and "quasi Nihilism"?
>How does it influence the other two?
the overhuman is the one who survives, accepts the ER

Look into Heraclitus and the concept of permanence of change
It is a really tricky concept