Got these for $16 today, pretty content boyos

Got these for $16 today, pretty content boyos.

Other urls found in this thread:

directtextbook.com/isbn/9780803270756
smile.amazon.com/Guerrilla-Warfare-Ernesto-Che-Guevara/dp/149299748X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498090232&sr=8-1&keywords=Guerrilla Warfare
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Power Elite is great.

Try not to fall into a coma reading the Weber.

Less than 80 bucks in Cambridge MA. Excuse the potato quality

nice haul senpai

got love in the time of cholera. the house of the seven gables, all the pretty horses, white noise, and omensetter's luck for five bucks day before yesterday.

What kind of secondhand store stocks those? Especially power elites

I'll buy them off you for 17 bucks, you can make a cool 1 dollar.
Only offering once.

Rise and Fall of The Third Reich made me want to live in Nazi Germany not because i sympathize with them but because of Williams description of these simple times. William is bretty good. Enjoy OP.

What if the translations are bad?

Whenever I buy a shitton of books, I always find another I want to read next instead.

where did you get that copy of guerilla warfare!! hard af to find online! isbn pls!

Harvard bookstore. Used books section in the basement

ISBN 978-0-8032-7075-6
directtextbook.com/isbn/9780803270756
smile.amazon.com/Guerrilla-Warfare-Ernesto-Che-Guevara/dp/149299748X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498090232&sr=8-1&keywords=Guerrilla Warfare

thanks, i ordered it twice already and keep getting pic related.

you go to harvard?

No, but used books there are top tier.

Why didn't I know about this when I lived in Boston?

the weird thing is that wasnt even the first copy i saw in the thrift store.

I saw the pic related version first in the history section and was going to get it but then saw the updated or whatever version i ended up buying in the fiction section. The first edition cover is more aesthetic but was in much worse condition desu.

also i have seen this same book everytime i go to the thrift store for atleast the last three years and I am thinking about getting it just for the memes at this point

My recent purchase. The one second from the bottom is Ovid's Metamorphoses.

Absolutely based selection of books but how will you read them if they're printed upside down?

Nice haul, though I'd recommend that if you are willing to dedicate the time to read a book the size of Shirer's on the Nazis I'd recommend skipping that one and instead reading Richard Evans trilogy. The preface of the first volume gives an overview of Shirer's book, and basically says that while very compelling, since it was written by a journalist rather than a historian it was already out of date before it even came out. While the Shirer is very engaging since it is largely on the first hand experience of the man himself in Germany while it was happenings, the Evans has the ability to pull from many first hand accounts and in fact he quotes at length from Shirer's account where it is most illustrative.

that reminds me of nearly shitting my pants when it seemed like there would be nothing of value for the week until i saw this on the buy 1 get 1 free shelf. like mint perfect condition no markings at all practically fresh off the shelf.

i had already read an epub of the coming of the third reich and am now kind of waiting to see if a copy of the third reich in power comes through because it seems like they take the books randomly from the warehouse without regard for being part of a series because i will find books from the same series appear randomly over a period of time. if not I will probably just get it off abebooks or something..

>value
Mint condition is basically irrelevant unless it's a first print of a first edition, and Evans you can find just about everywhere.
If he almost made you shit your pants I suggest vitamin supplements and a strict workout regimen for your anus.

>Reading a history book on Nazi Germany written by a jew and expecting it to be good.
Don't forget to prep the bull!`

only good taste ITT

nice work on don quixote, rise and fall of the third reich, and plato

About 40 euros.

What I grabbed the week before.

looks weak af

Irish just chilled, fucked, prayed and herded a goat or two. Nothing to be ashamed of

Someone call CIA to get this ubermensch outta here

Is there a respectable, like, 500- or 600-page book covering the Third Reich? I want a high-quality history but Evans' trilogy is like 2700 pages total and I'm not going to retain any of it.

How the hell am I supposed to educate myself respectably on history, society and the natural world while occasionally cooking a meal or interacting with society. I'm 31, I can't spend a whole year reading about one subject when I want a nice grounding in everything. Maybe I should just read "For Dummies" exclusively :-(

Are you a native French speaker or just a badass who's learning it

(I'm just asking because if you're actually French why would you want to interact with lonely American anime teenage boys all day or whatever the fuck this site is supposed to be)

>can't
>want
>no time

He says, while browsing Veeky Forums.

Tu as beaucoup de livres maintenant. Quel est-ce que tu vas lire premièrement?

Aussi, j'ai une question: est-ce que tu as lu la série des Rougons de Zola? Le français n'est pas ma langue maternelle, donc lire tous les livres durerait un certain temps. Ça vaut la peine?

Belle petite collection, user !

Crisis of the Old Order is great (as is that whole series by Schlesinger). That looks like a pretty old edition, what year is it?

Native.

>(I'm just asking because if you're actually French why would you want to interact with lonely American anime teenage boys all day or whatever the fuck this site is supposed to be)

Because why not? Most places on the internet are boring. Veeky Forums isn't as boring as most places. Also I don't know that much outside of the (outstandingly rich) French literature and continental philosophy because that's the only one that doesn't seem extraordinarily dull to me.

Merci !

Je vais sans doute lire Proust, c'est plus personnel que Zola qui lui est plus social (préoccupé par la vie des ouvriers Français entre autres) mais demeure une lecture extraordinaire.
Je pense que oui ça en vaut la peine. Nous finirons bien par mourir un jour.

managed to read that as "the Klingons" at a glance

I want to be dead

>slavoj zizek

what's wrong with Zizek?

>rececitation of author's name and a reaction image
It's like we're really on /b/

Fuck, one of you fags lives in the same city as me? If I ever see you at Raven I'll punch your lights out, kid.

kek

I'm the one in the Anime section reeking of Felipe's burrito grease

How does garcia marquez read in english?
I wonder how much of his "colombianism" is lost in translation since that is one of the things that makes him such a great writer.

Strange Pilgrims is honestly one of the best collections of short stories I've ever read cover to cover. Coming from GGM, a master at telling multiple stories at once and pulling disparate threads into one cohesive work, it shows him at the top of his game. I remember reading the first three stories (in spanish) in one sitting, and the final one is a masterwork on its own. GGM is really a short story writer at heart, and his collections are top-notch, but this one is his best one.

Carpentier is sorely underrepresented in the Literatures of the Americas, far surpassing Fuentes and Vargas Llosa who benefited more from publicity and notoriety than from their skill at story-telling. I describe his work as being too big, too bold, over-flowing and over-powering sensuality. He frequently writes about complicated, sensitive, artistic men confronting a thing greater than themselves, a historical calamity, the primordial, transcendental origins of man, the divide between the Old and New Worlds with the most beautiful language.
I can't imagine what Concierto barroco must sound like in french (I tried reading an english translation not too long ago and defaulted to the original after one chapter), but it condenses and concentrates a great many of his artistic and cultural concerns into just a handful of pages. This tiny book is magical. Also, I think there's a subtle reference to Miles Davis at the very end, near the mention of Stravinsky's Sacre du printemps.

marquez said Gregory Rabassa's translation actually improved his writing. same with julio cortazar

Good luck kiddo
Raven doesn't have an anime section you cretinous faggot.

>Anonymous

just got these 3, traded some old ass books I had, so it was "for free"

>os lusiadas, classic from portugal
>quincas borba, classic from brazil, one of the greatest assis' novels
>nausea

Is there even an anime section in the Harvard Independent? I figured the so called comic book shop near Peat's had that demographic locked down

>no leer el quijote en español
Meneo la cabeza family

Where do you guys find these books? I can pretty much only find stuff from thrift stores, and that's 90% reader's digest and chicken soup for the soul. Do college libraries sell non-class books? I'm a college student, so I'm usually around the library, but never have a reason to go inside.

where you live will influence what kind of books entering the local thrift stores. i got all of the ones in the OP from a thrift store associated with the U.S. Navy who have a massive base nearby. I suppose we get a lot of older guys who have traveled around and picked up books in foreign countries and then come back and ended up getting rid of them all.

Military history isn't a huge interest of mine but I have picked up tons of books on the soviet military, CIA activities in south america, and the general history of warfare in addition to just general classic stuff that guys were probably reading on leave or something. This one store is better for literature than every other thrift store I have been in combined even and there are about seven just within a five mile radius of it.

Recommend me some beginner french books, please

looks like third printing 1957 my man

and i dont know what this binding is made out of but it does feel extremely nice