How do I overcome nihilism? This is a serious question, please state your opinion if you have one and help me...

How do I overcome nihilism? This is a serious question, please state your opinion if you have one and help me. I've been down this road for a time now I wan't to reverse it. I wan't to feel human again and enjoy life. Also recommend books that are somewhat antinihilistic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/o_Kts9xUbFY?list=PLPo1EGeEHgFiKZLjBMO0hKbOOOhJEbApW&t=525
syfy.com/syfywire/grant-morrisons-big-talk-getting-deep-writer-annihilator-multiversity
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can never overcome it, only distract yourself from it.

Read Nietzsche

through Absurdism

This.

I get anxious and frustrated when I try to read Nietzsche because I'm simple-minded pseud and I can't understand anything.

Also, I can't find any good translations in my native language.

What would you recommend by him anyway?

Your life has inherent meaning to you.

I think this becomes easier to realize the older you get and the more perspective you have to build your life narrative around.

Zarathustra

Little Big by John Crowley cured my nihilism

youtu.be/o_Kts9xUbFY?list=PLPo1EGeEHgFiKZLjBMO0hKbOOOhJEbApW&t=525

You're actually recommending him to start with that? Dumb.

if you need to ask then it's too late sorry buster

>How do I overcome nihilism?
There is only one way, you know it. I'm doing it next week when my helium mask finally arrives. Fucking Fedex.

lol

That's easy OP. Just surround yourself with your people. You are a continuation of your ancestors and you probably carry good genetics. You can always surround yourself with others who you have similar interests with as well. Surely you can't be that miserable and nihilistic.

OP picture is the original flag of Muhammad's religion (before the saudis put squiggly words on it), so I'd go with Islam, OP.

stop being a faggot and find something you want to pursue in life also exercise this will keep you from becoming a brainlet

How? What did you choose to do in life?

i can't tell you what and how it's something you need to reflect on a figure out it can be as simple as a wife and kids or complex as curing cancer

Treat life as a joke, that's what I do. Listen to some Sun Ra (Life is Splendid, Sometimes I Dream Too Much, etc) and you'll get it

Spinoza, Nietzche.

You're fucking retarded, the Omeyyad dynasty had a white flag, then the Abassid moved the capital to Baghdad instead of Damascus, they had the black banner. Please stop embarassing yourself.

Buddhism.

Muhammad and the Rashidun used a black flag, noob.

By learning to love it, for it gives you a comfy blanket at night.

Nihilism is a stepping stone of existentialism, you now have a direction toward which to drive for, to harness it and use it.

>I wan't

You're already lost

syfy.com/syfywire/grant-morrisons-big-talk-getting-deep-writer-annihilator-multiversity

"Ligotti, like many extreme Buddhist philosophers, starts from the position that life is an agonizing, heartbreaking grave-bound veil of tears. This seems to be a somewhat hyperbolic view of human life; as far as I can see most of us round here muddle through ignoring death until it comes in close and life’s mostly all right with just enough significant episodes of sheer joy and connection and just enough sh-tty episodes of pain or fear. The notion that the whole span of our lives is no more than some dreadful rehearsal for hell may resonate with the deeply sensitive among us but by and large life is pretty okay generally for most of us. And for some, especially in the developed countries, “okay” equals luxurious.

To focus on the moments of pain and fear we all experience and then to pretend they represent the totality of our conscious experience seems to me a littleeffeteand indulgent.

Most people don’t get to be born at all, ever. To see in that radiant impossibility only pointlessness, to see our experience as malignantly useless, as Ligotti does, seems to me a bit camp."

Stick a nail in your palm with a hammer and you'll see that it matters.

The Birth Of Tragedy is a great place to start.

No one can answer that without any background information on you. But, your nihilism is most likely inborn, fostered since you were a kid. The remedy is to undo the parenting you were given.

How does one do that?

See, the reason that many people find themselves incapable of confronting nihilism is that they misunderstand it. In Will to Power #2, Nietzsche claims that nihilism occurs when the highest values devalue themselves. Moreover, in The Madman, aphorism 125, we learn that nihilism is not a philosophical stance (unless you're a pseud) but an EVENT that has befallen the modern world. We created God and then killed him, how? By worshipping other idols: fame, money, sex, drugs, etc. etc.

Ultimately, you have no choice regarding the onset of nihilism, as the highest values necessarily must die, but the choice you do have is in how you respond to nihilism. Will you be a passive nihilist, e.g. most atheists, or will you actively seek to create meaning for yourself? As he says in aphorism 58, "We can destroy only as creators." The only authentic values you can have are the ones that you strive to create.

You should read Nietzsche.

Find a new "parent" figure, throw yourself into the fire and just learn from life, or do drugs and forget about it all. The last option makes you a wuss though.

This glorious madman.

>Eroticism, it may be said, is assenting to life up to the point of death.

>With the presentation of this over-all picture as my starting point, nothing has intrigued me more than the idea of once more coming across the image that haunted my adolescence, the image of God. This is certainly not a return to the faith of my youth. But human passion has only one object in this forlorn world of ours. The paths we take towards it may vary. The object itself has a great variety of aspects, but we can only make out their significance by seeing how closely they are knit at the deepest level. —Georges Bataille, Eroticism, Death, and Sensuality

ignore every brainlet in the thread. it is the concept of meaning you have to do away with altogether.

>How do I overcome nihilism
Why would you care to? The world is not sunshine and roses, why conform to other sheeps optimistic outlooks? There is nothing wrong with seeing the world for what it is.
People might say you're edgy, but nothing edgy about being a realist.

>be op
>ask for way to overcome nihilism
>be recommended to surrender his fantasies and then weep over this understanding until he dies alone

i guess that's one way

the point is that he doesn't need to weep. wanting to have some kind of meaning is a remnant of thinking with god and part of the delusion

I started with zarathustra and can say that you will miss a fuckload.

It's okay if you plan on re-reading on a later date anyway, but really, you'll miss a lot.

Get over it

Don't get meme'd by buddhism and any stuff like "life sucks, reeee", because it's bad for you. Nihilism is to be surpassed. From my experience, i can say that stoicism may be first step toward curing self, it worked for me. Now things just get better and better

Ligotti, if you do some research on him, has had a really hard life.

Now i'm entering my twenties, i realized that with philosophy, i am parenting myself really now. I grown up feed by too much doxas. By parenting myself i mean I am replacing doxas by actual knowledge

You can't undo nihilism but what you gotta do is accept it and make up your own values.

Also if you think nihilism is a bad thing your not a nihilist

here for you OP

This

This post makes me feel really bad

You grow up.
Just give it time.

this and stoicism

Take up meditation, it will change the way you think entirely into a positive nihilism.

active absurdist detected

Actually, that's the only one I started, and I couldn't understand anything.

>all these psued answers

What happened to you lit, you used to be cool

Read H.L mencken's "The philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche" it's a pretty good introduction to his mindset and work