My friends barely talk with me and i'm lonely

Recommend me a book to cure loneliness

tractatus logico-philosophicus

Why don't you talk to your friends?

>friends
You're not lonely, you just want attention. Start here

i do, but they give me short replies and they just wanna talk about videogames.
i'd appreciate some attention, i'm really deprived of it.

Nigga, you have to meet halfway in a friendship. If they are interested in vidya, talk about vidya. You talk about mutual interests not what you want, or what they want.

Books can't cure loneliness. You want to be involved with people.

the bible. go to church

Comfy fantasy books

Stoner would be perfect for you, op

Kys.

In shitty friendships, sure.

Samuel Beckett's trilogy

In all friendships. I'm not going to go on a rant to a friend about the late Meiji period if they dont' care about it.

I would suggest Mann, Shakespeare or Gothe. I can relate what you are talking about everybody is either on psychotropic substances, playing video games, "finding himself" or makeing a carreer. I still think most people feel pretty miserable even those who are sucessful are often talking about the good old time(s). It's a certian Kind of deracination and melancoly like an age is about or has ended and the Future is yet to come.

But DFW killed himself partial out of loneliness from depression.

can relate to
has yet to come

That's a fairly broad range of behaviour, sounds like you're not addressing an underlying problem since only half of those things are pathological. Sounds like you're not sure about what you want, or not moving towards a goal.

Is there a Veeky Forums Discord or Skype group?

The Turtle Diary, not a cure but it does nurtures toward a better end. 'Cozy' at the least.

You don't need to read a book, just read my post: Man the fuck up.

Notes from the undergound

Oh man, same OP. Even worse, I have one friend whose perfectly competent, but we only talk about once a month. It's the worst. I recommend Stoner and

Here you go user

>friends
REEEEEEE

We can be friends

There sure is.

I'd recommend The Master and Margarita, because it made me forget about the shitty real world a little while I was reading it.

Anyway, there is another alternative which preaches CTB as escape... - The Bell Jar.

Mason and Dixon :^)