How can I upgrade my grilled cheese?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/elQbq60Ekqk?t=116
twitter.com/AnonBabble

add crispy bacon

>use bacon grease instead of butter to fry
>add, lettuce, tomato and onion
>make a burger and create a patty melt

Japanese style chicken cutlet. It works anything with cheese.

Add thin pear slices
Add bacon
Use multiple cheeses
Weird one, but use mayo on the outside to toast it better. Kewpie if you're 2007.

Those are no longer grilled cheese sandwiches...

Anything that doesn't involve meat?

this is a good idea.
or just have a standard grilled cheese and a bowl of tomato soup for dipping...

Cooking it in bacon grease most certainly is still a grilled cheese. So is adding tomato. If you insist on sticking to your autistic definition of what a grilled cheese sandwich is, get some better bread and better cheese.

Add some semen you non meat eating faggot

Spread some dijon on the inside

Looks fried not grilled

Tomato

Add rice and ketchup.

I use to do grilled cheese and salad sandwiches. chopped red onion, capsicum and spinach with cheese with a shitload of pepper.
I liked it then but I haven't had one for like 15 years and my tastes have changed radically and I think I ate most of them stoned so probably would have eaten anything.

Add minced meat that's been cooked in spaghetti sauce

Or add leg ham and tomato paste

Is semen vegan? What do the boards vegans think?

Fuck off you semen slurping vegan faggot.

Pepperoni and a bowl of tomato soup that you ejaculated in

I see a lot of people saying to add extra ingredients, but if you want a non meme answer, all you need to do is enhance the ingredients you already have. Use organic grass fed cheese, grass fed butter (kerrygold is fine), and freshly baked bread without preservatives.

I dated a broad who was vegetarian and damn near vegan. She also liked to swallow my cum. I made it a point to inform her she was consuming animal protein. I guess it's ok from the vegan standpoint as I was a willing participant in the act

Simply making them in a sandwich maker will level them up 5 times.

Add some jalapeno slices

Yes it is. It's how I get most of my protein

Don't get that model, though. The ridge in the middle will make cheese gush out of the sangewedge and you'll have a mess on your hands. Maybe even a burnt mess.
A proper panini press would do the same job and more.

Make triple stackers

How do you even make proper American pan grilled cheese? I've tried it a few times and it turned out literally dripping with fat and super oily. It soaked up all the oil and was like a fat sandwich. Is it supposed to be like this?

You put a pad of butter in the pan, bread, cheese, bread, and then butter the top bread. If you can't figure this out you are literally retarded.

Guess I'm retarded because it turns out like a literal fat sponge every time.

>grilled cheese
>pan
tard.

again

Like is it supposed to be extremely fatty? I don't get it. It tasted like I was chewing on a super fatty mixture of butter/oil and cheese every time I tried. It was fucking disgusting.

sometimes I use garlic

That's what the internet recipes for "original" American grilled cheese sandwiches told me to do

also interested to know how to cook without a pan

Pan nice and hot

Don't overload them with too much cheese. If you do that, they will bubble out everywhere.

>A proper panini press would do the same job and more.

Fucking uneducated moron.

Educate me then. I'm always eager to learn something new.

Use different cheeses. I've used cheddar, goat cheese, and parmesan. Also, toast up your bread more. Or less. You might be over grilling it causing them to separate.

Butter/oil makes things taste better you fag.

A panini press is only good for toasting the bread, like an iron skillet you don't need to flip. A sandwich toaster created individual pockets inside the sandwich. Some sandwich toaster models will also slice the sandwich into 2 pieces. All the edges "welded" together and are are hard & crispy. The transition from the harder edges to the softer center is part of the charm of a sandwich toaster. Using butter, salt, and seasonings on the outsides of sandwich prior to cooking makes it even better.

yes, we vegans love semen and literally cannot get enough

you might be using too much cheese and butter. use only one or two slices of cheese max

Use a grill.
Clue’s in the name, fuckwit.

Use tortillas instead of bread.

So the difference is that the ST does exactly the thing I mentioned I don't like because it squeezes out the cheese.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I thought I was missing some other important difference.

I guess you're kinda right about closing the edges of the sangewedge but it was never much of a selling point for me personally.
I suppose we just like our toasted sangewedges differently.

Worcestershire sauce

Make it spicy

yam slices

Add bacon (precooked kind), tomatoes. Salt, pepper, and parmesean on top, butter the bread, cook it in the toaster oven, open with ingredients facing up (obviously). Make a pesto aioli with 3 parts mayo (real mayo bitxh), 1 part basil pesto, salt n pepper and lemon juice. Pull her out, add the aioli on top, slap it together and eat with a pint of Fat Tire.

1) Try different breads.
2) Try different cheeses.
3) Try different spreads.
There's a time and a place for greezy grilled cheese and like once a year I'll buy a loaf of Wonder Bread, a stack of Kraft singles, make a dozen sandwiches in the oven and eat them all.
But my standard grilled cheese is muenster or blue marble jack on sourdough. Little mayo on the inside, and ALWAYS butter on the outside. Fried in a cast iron. Fucking fantastic.

Okay we get it you suck at making grilled cheese. We get it.
Make sure the pan is HOT before you begin. Not ripping hot but just hot enough that water sizzles on it. You don't want to burn the bread before you melt the cheese inside.
Speaking of which, don't use too much cheese. 2 slices max. If you stack it too high it'll take forever to melt.

Now, listen close. Listen carefully.
THE ONLY OIL YOU NEED IS BUTTER SPREAD ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BREAD
Do NOT add butter or oil to the pan, you don't need it. Just butter the outside of the sandwich and it will be fine.

4) Try different pans
5) Try different stoves

these are the people who whine about how vegans shove their ideology down everyone's throat

This. I always do a very thin spread of dijon on one piece of bread. Too much and it becomes overpowering.

Spread your bread with a thin layer of marmite.
It just works.

A grilled cheese consists of only these following items. Cheese. Bread with spread (usually butter). This entire thread consist of "melts". Almost every "grilled cheese" sandwich i see on here has other items added to it. The fact that this thread is called "grilled cheese" is nothing short of utter blasphemy. Let me start out by saying I have nothing against melts, I just hate their association with sandwiches that are not grilled cheeses. Adding cheese to your tuna sandwich? It's called a Tuna melt. Want to add bacon and some pretentious bread crumbs with spinach? I don't know what the hell you'd call that but it's not a grilled cheese. I would be more than willing to wager I've eaten more grilled cheeses in my 21 years than any of you had in your entire lives. I have one almost everyday and sometimes more than just one sandwich. Want to personalize your grilled cheese? Use a mix of different cheeses or use sourdough or french bread. But if you want to add some pulled pork and take a picture of it, make your own thread entitled "melts" because that is not a fucking grilled cheese. I'm not a religious man nor am I anything close to a culinary expert. But as a bland white mid-western male I am honestly the most passionate person when it comes to grilled cheese and mac & cheese. All of you foodies stay the hell away from our grilled cheeses and stop associating your sandwich melts with them. Yet again, it is utter blasphemy and it rocks me to the core of my pale being. Shit, I stopped lurking after 3 years and commented for the sole purpose of posting this. I've seen post after post of peoples "grilled cheeses" all over Veeky Forums and it's been driving me insane. The moment i saw this thread this morning I finally snapped. Hell, I may even start my own thread just because I know this one exists now.
Respect the grilled cheese and stop changing it into whatever you like and love it for it what it is. Or make your damn melt sandwich and call it for what it is. A melt.

I used to have dipping sauce of hot mustard and strawberry jam with my grilled cheese. Just one part of each and mix it together. It's really good.
ham or bacon sometimes, too.
I would rather eat some fruits or veggies along than pimp the grilled cheese.

for best results just use bread

>How can I upgrade my grilled cheese?
Some Brunswick stew to dip that bad boy in.

You were actually proud enough of that to post it twice?

>melts
You're a fucking melt, user.

>pallet
*palate
Retard.

Better bread, better cheese. Simple as that.

I used to make a sandwich with cheese, pepperoni, and avocado every now and then. It was delicious.

More cheese

>Weird one, but use mayo on the outside to toast it better

not weird. this is how i do my sandwiches. most chefs i know use mayo vs butter.

And what type of bread and cheese should i use for grilled cheese
And should i put things other than cheese in my sandwich

oh no one cares

no one cares that you think no one cares

a little pesto

Grilled cheese made with raisin bread is pretty boss. Try it, it'll only cost you $3.

I like using cheddar, gruyere and smoked gouda on sourdough bread.

Brie cheese with a little bit of peanut butter and chocolate

Say it again for the people in the fucking back.

Use two cheeses
Add:
basil
tiny bit of oregano
cayenne pepper
finely chopped onion
green pepper
lean bacon bits
Ya got yourself a good-ass meal now.

Add herbs and cheese to the bread along with cheese and crisp the outside in your fat or oil of choice, then melt the inside cheese with steam before addin g top slice

Red onions, thyme and dijon.

How about a piping hot dipping soup and an ice cold beer?

How to make 10/10 grilled cheese
>Toast insides of bread, put your fillings on the inside, then cook on the untoasted outsides for better flavor
>Use bacon fat instead of butter
>Use more than one cheese
Some ingredients to make a better grilled cheese, pick and choose
>Tomato
>Onion
>Jalapeno
>Chiles
>Spinach
>Chicken
>Pepperoni
>Salami
>Bacon
>Beef
>Fried egg
Here are some ideas to get you started
>Feta cheese, tomatoes, and basil pesto grilled cheese
>Bacon, lettuce, tomato grilled cheese
>Beef/chicken with tomatoes, jalapenos, etc. to make a grilled cheese taco
>Beef grilled cheese burger with all the toppings you want
>Grilled onions and a bit of gravy grilled cheese

This from a costco food court in canada, and it is amazing.

Mince some garlic and spread it on the bread before you cook it

>cheese
>vegan

I thought they dont use dairy? They are still faggots either way.

Use oregano, paprika, black pepper, and mozzarella as a base. Include another type of cheese (your preference) but as long as those first four things are a staple your grilled cheeses will always taste like pizza.

Use this as a dipping sauce. Get it at woolworths

>Speaking of which, don't use too much cheese. 2 slices max.
>mfw
You just need to set the heat low enough so that it barely sizzles when you put the bread on it, or you can use a lid just until the cheese melts and the bread will still get crispy.

You can also put a little bit of cheese on the outside of the bread so it gets crisped up and a little brown too, adds a lot of flavor. Other than that, I just like a bit of mustard with it.

Roma tomatoe slices
Onions carmelized in worchestershire
Sardines
Sharp cheddar
Whole grain mustard

That's my sandwich of choice. Make sure to dust the bread (whole grain, naturally) with cayenne.

boiled eggs, one half on each side, press down to make them fit

youtu.be/elQbq60Ekqk?t=116

Have your mom cook it and eat it with tomato soup!

spread maple syrup or vegemite inside

a bullet

Fleshlight full of macaroons.

Like that one user said, mayo on bread, fry in butter, use swiss cheese and add thinly sliced apples in there before grilling. Very good shit user.

Please never post this again.

Salt, literally the only way to upgrade grilled cheese. If you are not already using very salty cheese, add some more salt.

idk, not much you can do to grilled cheese, without just making it a sandwich. add tomato soup.

this guy knows what's up

How the fuck hasn't THAT webm been posted yet? When you say grilled cheese it's the first thing I think of.

make it a ham&cheese