Laszlo Krasznahorkai

1. How to pronounce last name?

2. Is he world's greatest living writer (besides Pinecone?)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2l05s1ubGeg?t=11s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

kraz na whore k-eye (like eye with a cuh) e (pronounced like the letter 'e')

so: kraz na whore keye e

thats at least how silverblatt from kcrw pronounces it

Gass isn't dead

Awesome, thanks.

literally how it's spelled you stupid fucking retard
Pynchon has passed away

Don't say shit like that man, you can't just joke about somebody's life like that.

He is very much alive. Ignore this man.

This is correct without the final 'e': kraz-nah-whore-ky.

>He hasn't read the article

t.^

I'm guessing the "S" in the surname is silent? That's how I've always pronounced it, I don't put emphasis on it at all when I say it.

Anyone got a good reading order for his books? Read Satantango last year and loved it, got Melancholy for the summer. No idea where to go next afterwards. Was thinking of reading either Seibo or War and War when I get home in September.

youtu.be/2l05s1ubGeg?t=11s

Yes he is.

Actually the "z" is silent, "sz" is the same as "s" in English.

He is overrated because of how long it took to translate Satantango. His prose doesn't work in English and he is hailed by pseuds as a literary and writing revolutionaire on par with muh McCarthy.

He isn't bad. But he isn't meant to become a literary classic either.

>he is hailed by pseuds as a literary and writing revolutionaire

user say he's one of the best going - which he is - but they rarely if ever take it that far.

You just like to endlessly strawman against "the pseuds" because you're fucking terrified that you're still one yourself. Relax, buddy.

the correct hungarian pronounciation is
>cross-nah-whore-caw-e
with emphasis only on the cross

> Accuse user of strawmanning
> Proceed to strawman

I am enclined to wonder who's the real pseud here.

>> Accuse user of strawmanning
Which he was actually doing.
>> Proceed to strawman
Which I didn't do.

I localized my critique to the specific person that I was talking to; he took shots at a host of figments.

I don't think you understand what strawmanning is.

I hope you know what the fallacy fallacy is. At least.

I don't think you like it when you have to abandon the delusion that you are above reproach: if someone is acting like a try hard it isn't strawmanning to suggest he is as much in his personal life. It is guesswork, sure, but a fair guess based on his choice of conduct.

This oddly applies to you too so it seems.

>implying

Again, my critique has only ever been toward a single person (who was indeed acting like a bit of a cunt) - not a host of people who weren't even posting in the thread with him.

You really do want to fight very hard to be a cunt in life.