Thoughts on ontologicools taste in literature? Watch "hi Veeky Forums" on YouTube

Thoughts on ontologicools taste in literature? Watch "hi Veeky Forums" on YouTube
youtu.be/3gIFqBdRsvE

Other urls found in this thread:

illusorysolace.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Veeky Forums is more autistic than I thought

Maybe stop what you're doing

Needs more Gene Wolfe.

What was this BS that it was r/books that spearheaded this brigade but it made it look as if ?lit? did it?

Fucking Veeky Forumsbros ruin everything

muh dick

Does anyone have the collage pic where lit find this virgin looking girls book review youtube and thrash her untill the point she deletes her channel?

>girl youtuber trying to get youtube famous
>get upset when Veeky Forums goes crazy for them

why is this always the case

we made boxxy an icon, you want to be an icon right onto?

Boxxy made herself an icon by being cute and pure. Onto is a Whore with dad issues who will never make it.

>Bored intellectually

I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Who hurt you, user? *unsheathes katana* ready yourself for battle, i WILL defend m'lady!

holy shit just redpill yourselves

haven't you already read Schopenhauers On Women

all women are trash and can't be regarded human by white men like us in any way or form

She's the definition of pseud, however that is no excuse to be rude, but she's the typical pretty girl: "hello I'm an intelligent person because I'm interested in all these things although I actually don't know about those things, why do guys see me only as a walking talking bagina??"

How can I not be rude to a women that proudly wears a Cow Piercing in her nose and isn't pregnant at this point?

She's bored because she doesn't have kids. That's the only conclusion I can draw from her video.

Children aren't intellectually challenging, user.

How many people here are actual Literature/English major/students?
It seems to me that the majority of people form Veeky Forums are in STEM.

>Veeky Forums is a serious discussion board, fuck off back to /pol/ or Veeky Forums if you want to be a redpilled retard xD

I would say 70% STEMlords, 20% NEET, 10% have studied lit

>records videos on her laptop in 240p
>only lightning is her window
>has written university essays on many subjects tangent to her videos
ah yes, very typical pretty girl

hOW DarE ShE vOicE hER tHouGHts?

Do you think I'm joking? Fuck off back to your oh so serious threads, pretentious little shit.

Fuck you I just want to see the collage of Veeky Forums bullying that poor woman. It has nothing to do with redpilling you fucking faggot

t. virgin

>hOW DarE ShE vOicE hER tHouGHts?
reddit

awesome post dudebro

My virginity doesn't define me.

Link to her essays?

>Children aren't intellectually challenging, user.

t.notaparent

t. full time mommy

How under age is Veeky Forums? Everyone here is like 19 at the oldest, no?

Thanks for the compliment.

t. child

illusorysolace.wordpress.com/

thumbs up

no

Link her acct

yes

Ugh- fuckin' boxxy. I was on Veeky Forums at the height of her popularity, or whatever you want to call it. What a fucking nightmare.

I don't think you can call many of these essays in good faith. I like the blog, but don't say it's something it's not.

The word is often thrown around here loosely, but from what I can gather of her videos she seems like a bonafide pseud.

Watch her video on Baudrillard. A couple of minutes in she gets distracted by her cat, stares blankly at the screen and finds an opportunity to mention that she has a lecture of a quantum physicist to attend. Shortly afterwards, when describing the ideas of Baudrillard and their wider implications, she pulls of a "blah blah blah". Not to mention she doesn't actually read Baudrillard, but a graphic guide.

Her most used words are "like", "uhm" and "literally". She is self-absorbed and seems to have a classic case of lowercase autism.

She's the /lit equivalent of a Sasha Grey looking RoamingMillenial, both who so happen to have a thing for Jordan Peterson.

Can we just agree that "intellectual" youtubers are pretentious as fuck and move on.

>if you can't pull a seminar reply befit a phd out of your arse you're a pseud

shut your mouth

>has a tattoo
>mostly male friends
>boyfriend
>will keep posting despite boyfriend not wanting her to
>will keep posting despite people talking about her cunt (she likes it)

NOW that's what I call DROPPED!

She seems cool. I guess I missed the big thread where "we" spoke about her. She should be grateful that only Veeky Forums provoked her, if she went to other places on this fucking site she'd probably join a convent

You can have a phd, do seminars and still be a pseud. It's not about using big boy words but more about having standards; the overall context and the finer nuances needs to be considered when discussing the ideas of an author and one has to be able to emphasize with said authors paradigm - otherwise you're just engaging with a half assed caricature.

With that said, it's unfortunate that the girl fell prey to /lit trolls. She can redeem herself by appealing to the right winged nature of our resident /pollacks, but otherwise she'll just end up as a meme.

she has 300 fucking subscribers man
this is groundbreaking levels of autism from you guys
Veeky Forums is on the surface way more normal than the other boards but you can't hold it together

Yeah, lets make fun of people with autism and pretend we're better than the rest. Nice.

newfag core
which is good, rare to see new faces in Veeky Forums anyway

>deleted

ILLUMINATE

fuck off autist

It's just the one guy reposting this shit and the 15 people who circlejerk these threads because they don't read.

Thanks pretentious grad student. It's evident that shes recording the video akin to that of a diary, its messy, its not refined and not really reaching for a greater audience (and yet I'm 100% sure you'd lament about the "pseudo"ness if she did do that). You're just as pretentious as those whom you claim are pretentious, but you just have the balls to do it on camera

I've already made all these points before in previous Onto threads and they still didn't get it, just ignore them, they're either too stupid or too angry to understand, just leave them

Which site is that

If ppl w/ autism are behaving in a viciously improprietous way then there should be no compunction in criticizing them.

Criticizing poor social form ≠ pretending you're better than anyone.

But it's cute that you're white knighting for well read and generally intelligent autistic dudes you are low-quality, misanthropic, pseudo-intellectuals who by circling the wagons and denigrating everything, have convinced themselves otherwise.

A defense mechanism where lashing out at things that are popular or probative helps create some narrative where you are right because otherwise the truth is just too horrible to bear. A cross-breed between schizos and artists who aren't particularly savvy at either.

There's a reason the whole world laughs at Veeky Forums and creeps come here to be anonymous. I even bet a healthy amount of these same guys shitting on everyone are bona fide pedes.

Plz, Veeky Forums is one of the most pretentious places I've ever encountered online

Jesus Christ, I'm going to see threads about this stupid bitch for the next month or so, aren't I? Fuck this place.

Lol "redeem" herself. Exhibit A here folks at the pretentiousness that is this shithole.

Wake up she's a student and still trying to figure shit out, as are all of us. Almost anyone who is a real intellectual does not spend there time on Veeky Forums, can you agree with that?

holy fuck lmao

The only thing she's doing really wrong is worrying that her irl friends have the same attitude towards her as these morons do.

She got blown out for not reading, get a girl who actually reads to bully. We're losing our mission by bullying girls who pretend to read- next stop bullying people who make youtube video games channels, though they might at least read sci-fi.

She wants points for not reading books before mouthing off about them. She's beneath our contempt, tbvh. Save it for the girls who read

>we mens now
Would you have any trousers I could borrow, user? I don't think I can pull off Scottish.

her uni ripped her off if that level of "intellect" gets you a degree from them. she couldn't make her way through baudrillard intelligibly, in a video she chose to make to talk about that specifically.

the male equivalent would be an anime fan who couldn't tell you what NGE or SEL means.

this. there are hundreds of women who do understand baudrillard giving fucking lectures on youtube and she thinks her chart video should be treated with the same respect.

she's like the female chris-chan trying to convince people Baudrillardchu is totally cooler.

Fair point about the diary format, I did not consider that.

I'm flattered that you'd consider me a grad student, but I'm more of a loser. What do you find pretentious about my post though? Would you disagree with my criteria for being a pseud - someone who propagates pale ideas taken out of context?

I don't see anything wrong with reaching out to a wider audience per se, but my criticism of the content still stands.

Pic related

she's not "giving a lecture" you moron, she's trying to casually rant about the ideas to the best of her ability, these videos are just a basic outlet for her to do so

>and she thinks her chart video should be treated with the same respect.
What the fuck are you talking about? She's vlogging her thoughts for an audience of >300, there's nothing about asking for as much respect as actual scholars. Christ you're reaching so hard.

"Redeem" in the sense of not ending up like the other womyns of Veeky Forums. That white knight armor of yours must dense.

What the fuck is up with this PC culture anyway? So because she's "a student still trying to figure shit out", she's beyond criticism? Fuck off.

Tumblr called, they need your valuable opinion on some strapons.

She's not "beyond criticism", but neither is your targeting of her simply for being an attractive girl. The only person you're successfully lying to is yourself, it's pathetic.

I think they're essays for school.

i swear it's just 1 guy arguing with everyone in here

>not going full cargo shorts

Who's the one guy?

yea, so?

ANOTHER SACRIFICE FOR HARVEST!

she's only willing to "maybe" the fact that she knows nothing about baudrillard. that's despite her literally admitting getting her info on baudrillard from an internet image. she thinks that's "maybe" not knowing enough. it's not reaching to say she thinks too highly of herself if that's "maybe" not knowing enough. it's definitively enough to say you know nothing of any value about the subject. and she can't because she lives in a lalaland where she does need to do anything to deserve credit.

yeah it's strange she didn't check a youtube video of any of the lecturers [menz or wymens or whatever the lecturer might be] and relied only on an image file. if you're not going to read the book for homework, at least read the sparknotes not the blurb, you know?

None of that is her expecting as much respect as actual Baudrillard scholars. I love how you've obviously watched all her videos, and so attentively. Searching so hard for things to criticise her for.

she's failing to casually rant about anything related to the subject she wants to claim interest in.

it is exactly like an "anime fan" whose response to "did you like NGE" is "never heard of it". it's not my fault this girl thought a picture on the internet gave her enough info to form thoughts about baudrillard, any more than it would be my fault someone fell for boku no pico recommendations while claiming to be super au fait with /a/ culture.

These are my posts;

Where did I attack her on the grounds of being an attractive girl?

she thinks it's a "maybe" she doesn't know as much as those scholars or anyone else qualified to talk about it. if she said it definitely didn't make her qualified at all to talk about it, that would be different. but she didn't.
she said it maybe made her video about an internet meme of baudrillard maybe not as serious as the other baudrillard videos she could have watched but didn't. it's not a maybe. it's a definitely.

She is clearly not upset, this is just another attempt at making yourself seem like the good guys "oh but we we're just pretending to be retarded why u mad tho?" fucking brainlets cant hold on to their spaghetti even in front of a 6/10 . pathetic.

All of it. That's why you're doing it. There are so many other people out there you could be complaining out with better reason yet somehow it's always someone attractive that gets attacked. Or is it just some huge coincidence? Fuck off back to /r9k/ and take your obvious sexual frustration with you.

lel you sound like the biggest pseud. Well done asshole, you played yourself.

not him, but have you considered Veeky Forums is upset that people lie about understanding books? or is everything in your world sexism if it happens to a girl because women have no agency in your world and can only have things happen to them? fuck off, you're doing women and literature no service.

Have you considered Anons fish for (you)s by finding attractive girls with 10 subscribers who talk about books, so they can be completely BTFO by user for no reason other than "someone is wrong on the internet"? It's not hard to find ugly dudes with rambly vlogs and 10 subscribers. It's exclusively girls because it attracts the (you)s. For sure it's a production, everyone's an actor, this is all contrived, everyone's just going through the motions, it's entirely arbitrary and throws some ordinary person under the bus for this arbitrary appeasement. Mature adults don't pull this lolcow shit, and even so it gets boring so goddamn fast.
>implying Veeky Forums doesn't exclusively lie about understanding books
different user here btw

I think you only look at the threads with girls. The campaign on that male booktuber is fucking vicious compared to this one where user's major complaint is that she doesn't read and is a pseud. You seem to have not noticed that, even though his picture has been posted here with far worse caption and far more regularity than this girl. You seem reluctant to consider anything other than sexism, even when there's proof to the contrary, and you seem not to care that they call male booktubers pseuds too for the same shit. You seem to be the one with different standards for male and female booktubers.

We also have the absolute sperger teenager who flips out about Veeky Forums memes. Your disregarding of evidence is very sexist, and that is why you have no standards for women or literature.

None of the rest of the girls who do get hit on, unlike this one, get accused of being pseuds like Cliff or the sperger kid. This girl gets it because she, like the goblin youtuber who is male, is a pseud who doesn't read and cares more about her staging than reading the fucking book.

>There are so many other people out there you could be complaining out with better reason yet somehow it's always someone attractive that gets attacked. Or is it just some huge coincidence? Fuck off back to /r9k/ and take your obvious sexual frustration with you.

yes, of course, i must be male and sexually frustrated to talk about literature as though a minimum standard for comprehension is to read the fucking book. by your logic, then, wouldn't she, being neither male nor sexually frustrated, think literature involves not bothering to read the book? god, it's like you think the standard for females on literature ought to be handicapped. they're not deficient enough as a gender that asking them to read the book before talking about it should be considered a sexually frustrated imposition of the patriarchy. get a fucking brain.

>I think you only look at the threads with girls. The campaign on that male booktuber is fucking vicious compared to this one
I don't even know who you're talking about. Cliff? I notice there were at least three threads about this girl today, but none about him.
Last time someone pulled the 'we do it to men too!' argument they used John Green as an example and were conclusively shown to be wrong, using the archive.

You seem to be incapable of understanding the logic of what I'm saying to you. Lots of people misunderstand books. Getting upset about it is stupid, but exclusively cyberbullying attractive young women for it is pretty obviously sexual frustration. Either that or you're also a teenage girl jealous of their looks. In which case, fuck off back to lolcow.

All the gender conscious language is merely incidental then?

it seems to stem mostly from spergers who can't stand women being judged the same way we judge men, i.e. by whether they read the book. this guy is a good example
he's incensed i suggested reading the book was a minimum standard regardless of gender. how lolcow of me to hold an equal standard for competence or to make a thread he wants to be about sexism about literature on a literature board. how awfully sexist of me to think the subject was about books not vaginae and penes.

It's hard to tell. Like other people have said, and like she admitted, the videos aren't really done with any academic rigor. This could be a sign that she's not capable of academic rigor, or it could mean that it's just not what she's interested in doing on her channel. Some of what you're saying is also pretty speculative. Using "uhm" and "like" isn't really a sign of pseudo-intellectualism, or of self-absorption or lowercase autism.

Basically, you're going after the low-hanging fruit. The strong argument, the one you'll notice nobody is making, is that what she has to say demonstrates consistent misunderstanding or poor reasoning. The reason you and nobody else is making that argument is because that would involve having actually read Baudrillard, or any one of the dozen other authors she's name-dropped in her videos, and pointing out specific errors in her understanding. Instead of doing that, you go the route of the pseudo-intellectual and attack her mannerisms.

different user. this girl just happened in the last two days. she's basically the sidebit we're using between our relationship with cliff, who has way more pseud vids. i'd post the throwing the book/glass videos from him but i don't want to give that trustfund babby more views. which is also why i'm okay with user calling him cliff.

>t.pseudo-intellectual autistic manchild

>the one you'll notice nobody is making, is that what she has to say demonstrates consistent misunderstanding or poor reasoning.
plenty of people have made this argument. everything from her research methods (internet graphics) to her not understanding she is exactly what baudrillard was complaining about has been mentioned. they're the only good posts in those threads if you don't want to read posts about how the only reason to hate girls is because they're girls and you're not allowed hate them for being pseudointellectual.

there's some really good shit about baudrillard (and other works) in those threads. one user nominated her Disney princess which i think baudrillard would have sponsored as a paper. stop trying to retcon and actually read the content of the thread without your prejudices in the way.

Ontologicool is going to be popping up on the board for the next month, so I decided to check her videos out and see what the fuzz was about. I didn't get the whole appeal, so I wrote out my criticism on her general approach.

Instead of people engaging with my argument - which I'm willing to change and adapt if better ones come along - I'm getting called a pseud and a sexually frustrated robot.

You're a delusional fool and I would be far better off jerking to Marquis de Sade than to further interact with your self righteous ass.

Fuck this shit, Veeky Forums was never good but it used to be better.

>she's basically the sidebit we're using between our relationship with cliff
Hardly. Cliff was the side bit in between Katie, Carlie and all the other girls whose youtube names I can't keep track of.