Diet tips?

Diet tips?
I'm losing weight and calorie counting is definitely working, but my actual diet is pretty poor, mostly consisting of microwave meals because it's really easy to keep under a certain amount of calories that way and they're obviously easy to prepare. Anyone got any tips or plans for what I can eat daily to stay under 1500 calories a day?

Other urls found in this thread:

newleafwellness.biz/
eatthismuch.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

eat one large hamburger a day

JUST EAT LESS FOOD
You can eat nice meals just PUT LESS FOOD ON YOUR PLATE
Even if you're still hungry STOP EATING.

I know that, I just mean that I want actually nutritious meals and not just tinned chilli every day, I know that smaller portions is the way to go, but I'd appreciate some actual tips on what foods are good and what's not, I'm clueless when it comes to this kind of thing

bulk cook meals and portion them out once a week for lunch and dinner. Make 4 batches of meals, and rotate them in the week. Eat heavier in the morning. I use sparkpeople sometimes to figure out calories in recipes. but there are other sites that are just as good.

newleafwellness.biz/ is good for nutritious bulk cooking meals too. you will have to figure out the calories though, but it's pretty easy.

So basically cook everything I'll eat on Sunday, portion it out for each day of the week then repeat?

What I do is I just wait as long as possible before eating every day, then I eat fill at dinner time. That way I don't go to bed hungry. I usually don't even feel hungry during the day before my first bite, but maybe I'm just used to it. I pity people who feel these apparently intense urges to overeat (although sometimes I wish I had a stronger appetite, sometimes I start to get a hunger headache and know I need to eat, but nothing sounds appetizing--luckily there is a medicine called cannabis you can take for that).

If you're a Female eating 1500 will make you lose a pound a day
Guys need 200 to lose a pound a day

Porridge (oatmeal in the morning with some fruit) and honey to sweeten it up is a great meal for people losing weight plus oatmeal makes your metabolism start up well
Lunches and supper should be salads, fried rice and veggies always eat brown carbs.
White bread is not good for people losing weight.
Veggies, tuna, eggs, brown wheats, fish, chicken, try stay away from red meat and grease. or anything with high sodium
Green tea will burn 106 calories per day if taken daily (3 cups) and it raises your metabolism as well.
Good luck OP

2000*

yep

Eat less. And if you can do it try fasting one day a week at least.

eatthismuch.com/

This provides you with meals based on what you want calorie wise, macro wise, and meal frequency wise. It doesn't have every meal in the world, but you could easily start putting in some meals yourself

Accept the misery and hunger.

Dieting sucks, and there's no way around this.

Just think about your long-term health and quality of life. Don't ruin it for temporary gratification.

I've been losing weight by making my own liquid meal replacement. 1 scoop of unflavored whey protein, 2 teaspoons of fiber powder. I drink it all quickly cause fiber and unflavored whey doesn't taste great together. Twice a day for less than 400 calories a day.

Lost 60 pounds so far.

Forgot to add in the morning with my first shake I take 2g of fish oil, a multi vitamin, extra vitamin d and zinc.

And yeah, you'll be hungry as fuck but I've associated hunger with progress. When I feel hungry I feel like I'm being productive and it makes me feel good.

As awful as it may sound but Veeky Forums might have better advice on that than Veeky Forums

They will inevitably bring up broccoli rice and chicken, which I can confirm is tasty, super easy to make, also in bulk, and it's cheap. You have protein, fibers, all you need, and it's filling

General advice from my own weight loss experiences with minimum hassle:
- cut out all sugars. Literally everything sweet is out. You want smth sweet you eat an apple. No soda, just water and coffee or tea etc
- no pork but I might be wrong here thinking it's usually fatter meat. Fish is usually brought up as the meat of choice for weightloss but it's a handle to cook for me so I mainly stuck to chicken and the occasional beef
- basic exercises you can do at home, 3 times a week. Don't overdo it because you'll start hating it and quit after a while. Just basic shit like situps, pushups etc

>that stupid pic
I would eat both desu fampai. then again, i am a big guy.

Just keep your carb intake low and up fat/protein.

Ezpz

This is eating-disorder fuel, one of the most important and common factors in EDs is how people grow to equate feeling hungry with feeling good.

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels

Don't do that retard either fast completely or eat at a slight deficit if you don't want to fuck up your mind and your body

>up your intake of the most calorie dense food group to lose weight
Retard

bullshit.

i eat around 1400 - 1600 cal a day and don´t drink under the week. i also try to walk at least 10.000 steps a day. so far i have lost no weight. i´ve been doing this since mid october.

i have an office job though

Don't act like you know nutrition dumbass.

waterfast but you ameritards dont want to hear that plebs

Not OP, but I'd do this if I could. Problem is that my mother somehow gained access to my card history, so she knows when I spend money on groceries. She would most definitely ask why I am not eating and then force me to because she is a control freak.

My solution is to get things I don't particularly like, so I couldn't eat too much if I tried. Works great and I have already lost 10lbs this month.

lmao RIP your muscles

>b-buh muh human growth hormone!!!!!!!

yea auschwitz prisoners got a real nice low bodyfat% and didn't lose any muscle at all KEK

>brain only works with carbs
>cut sugar out
that sound like a good idea stacey

>muscles in 2017
nigger please

i feel your situation its no opinion to waterfast if youre not alone

but you should try to start your own life your mom cannot be there for you 4ever

not eating changes your personality and makes you cold as stone

if you really have to eat and want to get skinny there is only one Solution imo
become vegan and focus on vegetables

im food and fitness coach from germany

Carbs don't directly feed the brain, glucose does. The body can covert fat and protein to glucose, but converts carbs to glucose more efficiently. The brain won't stop working if you didn't eat carbs, your body would use fat and protein to make glucose instead

10 ounces of Velveeta, 4 ounces of pasta and a cup of ketchup. Make one big meal at 10 am and you won't be hungry all day

I'll pray for you.

pretty classy looking fork for that pile of shit

all of this advice so far is relatively horrible.
step 1: get something like this, look up meal prep container on amazon, have at least 28 containers, get a food scale
step 2: figure out your TDEE, do some napkin math. Meal 1, 2, and 4 will be 20% of your tdee
Meal 3 will be 40% of your tdee.
step 3: go buy a big bag of white rice, twenty or so lbs of sweet potatos, about 20lbs of chicken breast, and one or two bags of frozen mixed vegg
step 4: wash sweet potatos, put as many as you can into your slow cooker, leave on low for 10 hrs, start it before you leave for work. come home and start your ricemaker, and preheat the oven to 400. Take a big roasting pan, spray it with pam or something. Cut up the chicken breast into small cubes, fill the roasting pan. Get a shit ton of not sweet mustard (the kind that is just vinegar & spices) and thoroughly coat the entire thing, put in some soy sauce, steak seasoning, whatever (salt isn't the devil) just make sure to not add calories, bake this for about an hour, turn it once to brown both sides
step 5: I'm trying to dip below 10% bf right now, and am very active. I eat 2500 calories a day. Meals 1,2,4 are 500 cals, meal 3 is 1000 cals. Examples for meal 1,2,4 are 250g white rice, 100g chicken breast. Alternate carb source with sweet potato, so 100g chicken breast and 400g sweet potato.
Meal 3 (big meal) is essentially 3-400g chicken breast with the rest as carbs.

Most peoples biggest problem is dieting with very high fats, so the volume of food gets reduced to a point that is wayy lower than their normal volume. For me, I need large quantities of food.

This plan is extremely cheap. pic related is my fridge.

This. Start by cutting out sugar or drastically reduce its intake. Second, eat non-processed food as much as possible.

Brown rice is cheaper, far more nutritious, and will fill you up relatively quickly. It can be difficult to consume, however. One can always mix white and brown rice.

brown rice tends to digest poorly for a lot of the population, especially fat people with poor intestinal health. This is meant to be extremely easily digestible food, and also 'far more' is a bit of a stretch. The micro values from brown rice are not staggering in any manner.

much to complicated
do you have no friends to talk with?

How is it complicated? it takes me about 2.5 hours of active time for 4 meals a day for a week? I do this because I'm a competing grappler who is also attending university. It only saves time.

impressive you can do this, you're an organized motherfucker

do you have a job you aren't utterly in love with? if so, then you generally drudge through 40hrs a week without commute. It takes about 2.5 hours active time to do all of it, which is a crazy small amount compared to what most people spend on food. It's such a life improvement mang.

This is completely off. A pound of fat is 3500Cals. It's almost impossible(for your average office worker) to burn 3500Cals everyday.

this

Just stop fucking eating all the time. Eat ONE meal a day and chew gum, drink water. Just have a sandwich in the afternoon. Don't drink soda, drink water. You'll shed pounds within days. Unless your job is manual labor or you exercise like a demon, there's no reason to be eating all the time. All i've eaten today is a turkey burger and some cheese its. I'm hungry right now, but i'm about to go to sleep. You know what that means? my body will be burning fat will i sleep to do whatever it does while i sleep. You don't need to eat super healthy to lose weight. JUST DON'T EAT GARBAGE. It's that fucking simple. It's so easy. Take supplements too. A 1aday mens should be sufficient, it's what i take with my sandwich.

Then once you get to a normal weight, simply DON'T EAT GARBAGE and exercise daily like any normal human should. Do a fucking push-up once in a while. I have a pull-up bar i use any time i walk into my garage, made it a routine to knock a couple out whenever i walk in there. Anime openings are long as fuck, work out while the credits play. Just make it a thing you do.

may bodybuilders or chronic fat people eat 4!!!! times a day jesus christ in europe we dont have that time to eat 4!!! times a day there is no need for if you do diet
2 plates a day vegetables and some cheap carbs like rice are enough really

>Anime openings are long as fuck, work out while the credits play.

If only he traded in his Cheetos for Doublemint and pushed some out during anime openings, he wouldn't like that, and would feel more confident masturbating to more attractive anime characters like i do. It's the true difference between Rei and Asuka.

That's 10 days worth of meals, and pretty much every home cooked meal I can think of gets substantial bacterial colonies in less than 5 days. Don't you freeze them?

ITT: a SHITLOAD of terrible dieting advice

And I thought Veeky Forums was bad.

they are calorie dense, but they fill you up. plate with a chicken breast and a large portions will fill you up far more than a chicken brrast with a small portion of vegetables and rice. just watch your snacking and weigh your food and youre fine

chicken brrast is for fags tbhq

You're an idiot. Do you know why people get fat? Because they require more food to feel satiated. No matter what a fat person does, they'll always have a fat brain.

No matter what you do you'll always want more food than someone who's never struggled with their weight. It's permanent, you have to learn to live with hunger if you want to be skinny.

>"I'd run five miles every day. I'd burn 3,000 calories, but only put 2,000 in, so you're going to lose a pound every three days. You do that for three months, and you get pretty skinny." Ethan Embry in The Devil's Candy.

>It's permanent
please god, no

someone with a higher power level correct him

I'm currently coming down from being down from being 250lbs, been fat my whole life. What you just said is a lie. You have a "fat brain" because you're addicted to eating, and likely addicted to certain things like sugar. You have to change your entire lifestyle entirely because you were raised to be a fat and have bad habits with more than just food. It's actually pretty easy if you just commit to it and don't let other people shame you for trying to change

You are really good at making excuses, even better at making shit up.

I almost feel bad that you think that way. Your parents must've really let you down.

Yeah, it's literally a physical and mental addiction to sugar and high carb foods. It's really hard to break and very easy to relapse. Your body actively fights you. But it can be done.

this man knows its true

Calories dont mean shit. Just exercise forever

i just need variety in my diet, i could never stick to this shit

When did I make an excuse? I know reading comprehension isn't everyone's forte but you should really read the posts you're responding to.

I'm the guy telling him how to live with sub 500 calories a day. Something I've done for almost a year. I've lost over 80 pounds and you're just some skinnyfat idiot who thinks he knows how satiety hormones work.

np

Spend your money on gift cards sold at the supermarket instead of flushing your money on things you're gonna throw out.
then reward your efforts with purchases from your gift cards. could be stuff or a new hobby

then put variety in your diet!?!? Use the same calorie breakdown but add in different things. The tupperware system is the most effective way to lose weight. Cooking cleanly, and knowing exactly how many calories you're consuming is going to way more effective than just eyeballing things. You want to change your body, figure out how much that is worth to you.

I just only eat in the evening, and space it out into several courses that I eat in about 2-3 hours and leave me feeling full as fuck (and feeling like a fatass until I shit the next day) despite not actually eating anything terrible.

> First course

Big ass salad: lots of leafy greens, celery, carrot, red onion, tomato, peanuts, etc. Use a mustard and vinegar based dressing b/c low calorie and tasty.

> Second course

Actual dinner: Some kind of whole grain, some kind of protein, more vegetables.

E.g., beans and spiced rice with guacamole and salsa in a whole-grain tortilla;
Whole-grain toast with bean puree instead of butter (e.g., great northern beans pan-fried with onion and rosemary, or butter beans pureed while hot, with lemon juice, salt, and a little canola oil whipped in) as a side to some home-made tomato soup;
Falafel gyros with whole-wheat pita or various other dishes (hummus, baba ganoush, and vegetables, quinoa tabbouleh, etc for example);
Big pot of chili and some home-made cornbread;
daahl and other Indian food, curried lentils/chickpeas, etc.

> Third course

After dinner snacks: Small handful of unsalted nuts/seeds, usually like some pumpkin seeds and almonds, or maybe I have another slice of toast or another bowl of soup or whatever from dinner

> Fourth course

Dessert/fruit: I try to find a way to make a dessert using fruit or some kind of plant. Roasted sweet potato with a little butter is plenty sweet enough for dessert. Or I'll make 'pumpkin pie' filling consisting of pumpkin puree, spices, low-calorie sweetener, milk, and xanthan gum, pureed and eaten with a spoon to satiate my inner fatass; or a bowl of whole-grain cereal with a bunch of sliced or frozen fruit thrown in; etc.

Then drink tea for the remainder of the night.

Slimfast diet works.
200 cal drink for breakfast
100 cal snack (usually a granola)
200 cal drink for lunch
100 cal snack (usually popcorn)
500 cal or less dinner (pretty much ANYTHING in the isle where you find lean cuisine)
100 cal snack (usually fiber ones 100 cal cake cookie. The lenonbar is best)

Then jump on an elliptical with the fat burn setting for an hour. Put on a movie. It's barely a fucking workout but burns 600 cal in an hour.

Weekend you can eat whatever you want. I usually did good on Saturday but Sunday was funday.

End of the day you only net 600 cal. I lost about 15lbs in a month doing this

>spawn
>360
FUKKIN' POSER

do you just dump all of the washed sweet potatoes in the slow cooker with skin on? Do you line the bottom or put anything else in? maybe aluminum foil balls at the bottom? Do you then eat them like a baked potato?

sugar is a bigger problem than fat. fat is poorly digested by the body so it shouldn't even count unless you eat it like, one spoon of oil every hour.

don't believe the calorie myth. the way it's calculated is unreliable, and the way the body digest or consume it is also complete empirical mubo jumbo with little to no science in it. People who "counted and it worked" just stopped drinking soda and sweets, the rest was placebo effect.

my diet pro tip is to substitute all of your sauces with yogurt/greek yogurt dressings. they don't taste as good but it's way better than eating shit plain.

you can also buy low carb ketchup that is 5 cals per serving

yes, skin is much denser micronutrient wise, I mash them for convenient weighing. They'll be insanely soft after 8-10 hours on low. Also, my slowcooker is stone, and nothing has ever stuck to it, so I have had no problems like that. You can also add more water to them to increase the volume and keeping calories lower.

If you factor out sweets of your diet, a sweet potato and a beet will seem crazy sweet, so they're quit the delicious carb source.