Which book(s) would serve to undo the mental damage that years of r9k have imparted on me?

Which book(s) would serve to undo the mental damage that years of r9k have imparted on me?

in reference to what? Your inability to function as a human being, or your hatred of women? Because books don't help with that, not matter what Veeky Forums likes to pretend. The only cure is to go out and have a semi-normal conversation with an assortment of semi-normal people.

no more mr nice guy robert glover.
and more important than that, staying away from any kind of psychology, philosophy or sociology books, which will make you question the reality even more, which is something that you don't need after a heavy session of r9k autism session.

I'm talking about all the self-loathing, obsession, autism, betaness, depression, and all that shit which festers there

Thinking that books will help repair your r9k mindset is r9k thinking in yourself. Just work on going out in the world and not being autistic. Things like Epictetus, Seneca and Aurelius might aid in curing your terminal autism, but nothing will be nearly enough to help you on its own.

in itself*

Same answer. If you work hard at being a normal person around normal people, they will affirm your self worth and whittle away at your self hate by simple not being repulsed by you.

>no more mr nice guy robert glover.
Self-help charlatanism.
>Which book(s) would serve to undo the mental damage that years of r9k have imparted on me?
Books won't help.
You'll have to be lucky and have good experiences with other people in life.

>recommending stoics to cure self-loathing

Start with the Greeks.

John Updike.

I wonder if Heller's Something Happened would help with this. Not really the same problem and might just make it worse.

Ignore all these anons who say books won't help. Books do have an ability to make you think more about the way you are living your life. But it is true that they won't get you all the way. Probably one of the best things you could start out with is to simply fast from the Internet.

We're not saying that books won't help, because they certainly do. It's just that relying on books to help you is not going to get you very far. Unless it's the bible. But the bible isn't really going to help with social autism.

1. Leave Veeky Forums

2. Since you won't do 1., at least leave /r9k/ , /pol/, /b/ and possibly /tv/.

3. Meditations by Marcus Aurelius could probably help.

4. Being a normal person around normal people will do you good.

I don't see your point famalam

>be in the military
>Decide to work harder than any1 and with a good attitude
>Oh no he's outclassing the superiors better have a talk with him

Yeah no, fucking hate people more than ever since I left there's not going back ever after you see plenty of shit

>he's the guy that's always tryharding and making all the bros look bad
I'd call you a faggot too.

The Divine Comedy

nah bro, I never tried to put myself above others but was always willing to lend a hand

I don't understand people anymore there were few people who got along with me and the butthurt and stupid were abundant

Read Boethius

fuck off no more mr nice guy by robert glover is one of the few useful self-help books out there. besides its widely available for free so it's not like it costs anything more than an afternoon to read and a few weeks to practice.

You haven't actually read the book, have you? The quote is fabricated. It's more Epicurean than Stoic. It seems to be loosely based on the following;

>Now departure from the world of men is nothing to fear, if gods exist: because they would not involve you in any harm. If they do not exist, or if they have no care for humankind, then what is life to me in a world devoid of gods, or devoid of providence? But they do exist, and they do care for humankind: and they have put it absolutely in man's power to avoid falling into the true kinds of harm.

Something that cultivates your passion for life. Homer and Shakespeare would be a good start.

this shit is insanely hard to read (native russian speaker). How do you even get to books like this?

the real terminal autism is not only the creation of these threads but also the participation in them lmao

peace :^) no one is making me come here lol

The military is not exactly the real world
Why would nice, smart people want to get paid to kill strangers for the gub'ment