Beer thread?

Beer thread?

Just got this into the shop, and I love it. Its almost like its gin inspired with a really nice juniper balance.

Taking a break from the good stuff. High Life really shouldn't be as good as it is. Eating some pickles on the side

Need help, I can't find this beer where I live. Anyone know something similar? It's my favorite and I generally like other belgian pale ales

It's really good sometimes. Other times, it just tastes like fizzy rancid corn to me. I'll grab it sometimes, but usually for me it's Pabst or Beast Ice.

It's MUCH better in a glass than a can or bottle, too.

It's getting to be stout season. Anybody got dark beer recommendations? Bonus points for no vanilla, chocolate, coffee, or oatmeal notes.

I bought that Samuel Adams winter variety pack at Sam's Club. It's p good

>no vanilla, chocolate, coffee, or oatmeal notes.
wtf do you expect dark beer to taste like?

O shit nigga.
Just had that when I was on vacation in San Diego at this random sushi shop.
Was real good.
No idea where to get it wholesale tho.

Don't drink too much of it or you'll get a nasty hangover that turns into an all-day headache.

Gonna cop some Simpler Times tomorrow

Duvel is better

Any beers with anise/fennel/licorice notes?

Just looking for something new, user. I like stouts and porters, but there's got to be other flavoring options.

You do know those are just additives, right? As in, you can have a dark beer without having those flavors added. I've had several like this, bit they're less common and I'm blanking on names.

Thanks user, I found a distributor near me who stocks duvel. I'll try it this weekend

What's your favorite seasonal ale?

It's comfy season up here in Canada, time to warm up with ale and poutine

Founders All Day IPA or DFH SeaQuench.

Bells Kalamazoo Stout is made with licorice

Get some Duvel my friend

>Dogfish Head.
Their pumpkin ale is great.

Patrician taste. If you like belgians ales try duvel, piraat or gulden draak.

Currently drinking pic related. Went in for a soda for some pizza, but this looked more interested.

Very smooth. Might be one of the first ones that are aged in barrels where I can actually taste the flavor of what they were aged in.
Would be great with red meat, but pizza will have to do.

Favorite drink of my life still goes to Even More Jesus. Never see it outside of one pub in Wisconsin, and the nearest store with it is 2 hours away, so it'll have to wait until I head that way again.

Grabbed a 6 pack of this. First time trying it since last year it sold out in about a day everywhere. I'll let you boiz know how it is tonight or tomorrow

The variants of Dragon's Milk are great. I loved the Mint Mocha version that just came out

I know that beer is best tasted when it's at the optimal temperature. But how do I check the temperature of the bottle?

New holland cabin fever is a great winter brown (although a shot of vanilla vodka makes it better)

what is the "mikkeller" of north america

Mikkeller is pretty widely distributed in the us... what is mikkellery about mikkeller?

I just checked and the local Whole Foods actually has it and now I'm seriously considering spending $14 on a 6 pack because I'm a sucker for anything with pine

Bells expedition. That said the malt is very roasty so you'll draw flavor comparisons some where along the line.

Next time you're at the liquor store ask the clerk for a bottle thermometer. Any decent bottle shop should carry them

Prairie. Great beer, but always over priced. Although the apple brandy barrel aged bomb is priced perfectly for the quality.

Normally I think New Belgium is garbage but I'm liking this a lot

I love Dogfish Head. I just had a World Wide Stout a few days ago. 90 Minute IPA is one of the few IPAs that actually has a good malt backbone and doesn't give me a raging headache.

Love Dank Frank and just got some Black Note. I want to like Batch, but every time I go there they remind me of how pretentious they can be

>Bartender starts talking to lone black patron
>Immediately talks about Hip-Hop and Hip-Hop only
>Keeps using hip-hop slang like a dad
>Rants on and on about gentrification and how yuppies are ruining things
>"Yeah man the city of Detroit wanted us to be in some sort of promotional guide book and I couldn't stop laughing at the draft they showed us. It had like two black people man."
>Says this in a Detroit bar with literally one black person

Also I can't handle when they give beers intentionally "obscure" name styles like "Dark English Table Beer" or "Double Pale Ale"

I've picked this up a few times and its fantastic. Its extremely tart and honestly it tastes like vagina so if you're into that sort of thing then I highly recommend it.

I really wish I had some beer right now. I had just one at a friends place and its 4:40AM and I don't wanna go at the 24/7 at this hour coz I'll look like an alcoholic

While I think I still prefer DT, Duvel is a damn fine beer. Thanks for the rec lads, next to try is gulden draak

This shit is so good for the price, tatses like an expensive NEIPA

Thanks for the tip.

I fucking love Duchesse, it's like a raspberry vinaigrette beer

Howe Sound 'Megadestroyer' is an imperial stout brewed with star anise and licorice root.

Any dark beer by Samuel Smith. Their Imperial Stout is fantastic and their Porter and Oatmeal Stout are both the gold standard of their styles imo.

I noticed that Miller High Life and Tecate have replaced PBR as the hipster beer of choice

Is it true that you can still buy Schlitz? I want to drink it just to see what it's like. Maybe it might become my adjunct of choice.

I prefer 60 minute to 90. The 60 reminds me of a roided up helles lager without turning into an actual ipa. It's so damn refreshing.

Where can I find this in western PA?

Favorite beer of 2017

Ay, I'm from DE so we have Dogfish all over the place. Try 61 Minute if you can find it, it's top tier, I definitely prefer it to 60 and 90. I got a 120 minute that I've been letting sit in my basement for a year or so.

How was the World Wide Stout? Love dark beers and I've been wanting to try it but it's like $36 for a 4 pack of bottles at every liquor store nearby which seems a bit much

I normally really don't like dfh but this one is pretty OK

Wished it had more Nelson in it!

Post your top 3 and briefly blogpost about your taste.

1. Delirium Tremens
2. Guinness
3. Samuel Smith's Pure Brewed Organic Lager

My favorite beers are belgian blondes, wheats, white ales, hefeweizens. I don't usually drink stouts but I think that Guinness is a great achievements. Delirium Tremens is everything I like about light Belgian beer and it's boozy. The Sam Smith lager is just best in class for something neutral and everyday you'd want with a burger.

there's a store less than a five minute drive from my place that carries this
absolutely fantastic beer, especially for the price

1. Stigbergets GBG beerweek 2016
2. Omnipollo/Buxton Yellowbelly Sundae
3. Ayinger Celebrator

It is all over the place i guess. Fall now hence why the celebrator is there. Not quite a fat stout but yet satisfies the dark beer tick in me most of the time.

It's like a stout, barleywine, and doppelbock had a child. Really good, really unique. I'd recommend it to anyone who can find the stuff

Where do you live??

Samuel Smith imperial, Rasputan,

Evil Twin.

High life is the best tasting cheap beer in ky opinion. I used to drink 40s when I was younger and these were always the best.

I like elysian dragontooth or something like that. I tried a lagunitas brand stout too, it was good but not quite as the elysian. I too wish there were more stouts without those added flavors, or stouts that arent 10% alcohol.

its the season for celebration from sierra nevada, look forward to that beer every year. i was at the store earlier looking to pick up a 12 of it but all they had was this ipa variety pack with celebration included, guess theyre trying to push it as an ipa now because its trendy
anyway great beer and the other ones that came with it arent bad either

sierra nevada is shite in all forms

If you can find Foothills Bourbon barrel Peoples Porter. It's great!!

Nah they make some solid beer. One of the few decent breweries in Cali desu

I've only ever sampled their whatever it is that they call torpedo. it was pretty much undrinkable swill

Ive never had it. Their pale ale is solid, celebration and ruthless rye are great. Narwhal and bigfoot are good and decently priced, otra vez is easily my favorite.

Has anyone else had this? Shit is fucking taste. Has a similar flavor profile to beers like Heady Topper

My favorite stout, $12 for a 4 pack is a bit crazy though

That's honestly not bad compared to most bourbon barrel stouts. Dragon's Milk is year round, found at most grocery stores in Michigan and is still $14-16 for a four-pack

See:

Been making my way through the Samuel Adams seasonal variety packs, and I gotta say, most of them were a lot better than i expected. In the fall pack, the only one that threw me off was the honey rye pale ale, but the rest were great. Gotta wait for the winter pack tho cus youngfag. I already tried the white christmas and it was one of the best I've had in awhile. Also, I found that those build your own 6 packs are a godsend for trying new beers and such.

>Also, I found that those build your own 6 packs are a godsend for trying new beers and such.

Just be careful since those are mostly used by grocery stores to get rid of old stock. That mostly means just avoid IPAs and take the taste of anything with a grain of salt

I tried dragons milk, I wasn't a huge fan. It wasn't bad I just expected more out of it I guess

Samuel Adams puts out decent product for a good price. It's just stuck in this limbo between macro and micro in the customers eyes

homebrewfag
>kölsch
>irish red

Yeah, I can't stand when they call beers the names that have been used for hundreds of years.

>Accumulation tastes in any way, shape, or form similar to Heady Topper

Not even dick riding here but like what in the fuck

It's utterly stupid to pay 10 bucks for a beer like you could perfectly make at home and not pay .50 for a beer that has actually passed a lot of R+D and quality control.
If you hate the latter because it's cat piss, do it yourself.

Nah I'll keep buying craft beer

This is all my gfs mom drinks for beer. She dislikes pretty much everything else

Anyone tried any of these? They're really lovely.

Only correct answer

>Hey yeah remember that beer you want?
>don't get it. Get this instead;

"no"

>>Anyone know something similar?
>HURR WHY ARE YOU TELLING HIM SOMETHING DIFFERENT
You must be European/nonwhite

It's utterly stupid to pay 1000 bucks for a car like you could perfectly make at home

>Wow dude fuck your shit taste this bitter blonde beer is much better don't get the beer you want

Went back to my roots last night by buying a 15-pack of Keystone Ice for the first time in 3 years. I had forgotten how easy it is to chug these. The new art on the boxes and cans is nice, I like it. Same old shitty taste, really brings back memories, would be nice to pair with 2 McChickens for some real nostalgia.

I just want some ballast point ipas. The original ipa is the best, no need for the other ones.

Except you can't make a functioning and road legal car for less than you could buy it for. Retard argument.

Fuck off. Good luck learning the recipes of the beers that you like, and good luck brewing some at home.

didnt know they even made keystone ice. keystone light was my go-to in college as it always seemed like coors light in slightly dented cans. for $9.99 (20 years ago), i was a happy customer

I'm kind of on board with this guy. Homebrew ales, buy lagers (and sours).

Of course not everyone has the space/time/interest to homebrew and you don't get much of a variety as easily.

>get called out for being a total mushbrained idiot
>f-fuck off!!!!!

>Pretending that being a moron equals calling people out
>Strawmanning arguments that people make

t. Mutt

Sorry I publicly humiliated you.

Apology accepted. Now back in your cage.

According to Wikipedia, Keystone Ice has been around since 1994. Coors was another big party beer for me, I also used to fill up on McDonald's before drinking.

Central PA. I've been to restaurants that have it but I can't find it for wholesale