Orgy of the Will, round 2

We had a thread about this text up yesterday, but the mods deleted it. Why, I don't know. The author is a lunatic, but the text (orgyofthewill.net) is certainly literature/philosophy.

I was a bit annoyed that the thread got nuked because I was enjoying making fun of the narcissistic sociopathic thief Anthony Zyrmpas, aka "icycalm", who wrote the text, and his ridiculous pretensions to be some sort of genius despite the fact that he has accomplished nothing in his life that would qualify him for such a title.

Can we has thread again?

Other urls found in this thread:

icycalmisacriminal.wordpress.com
orgyofthewill.net/praise/
insomnia.ac/essays/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Alex Kirkegaard is a genius but I've come to expect faggots would tear down anything that scares them

He does have some interesting insights. Not all of his stuff is crap. It's just that he ridiculously overestimates himself. He has a somewhat above-average intellect but he views himself as being one of the greatest minds of all time. And he's a thief.

>providing hands down the most original, empirically supported and insightful body of criticism on the world's youngest art form
>"accomplished nothing"
OK

And mods probably delete these threads because they can't tell if it's literature or not, and think it's just marketing, even when it is. He is an author with published books.

I didn't say that he's accomplished nothing. I just said that he's accomplished nothing that would qualify him to be considered as the lofty genius that he wants to be recognized as.

I can't think of another book other than Orgy that is a proper follow up to Nietzsche though. That and his art criticism make him more than special.

Why would anyone believe this isn't an attempt at advertising? It's impossible to imagine anyone taking your vidya rants seriously. Both this and the other autism shill have been getting automatic deletions for years on Veeky Forums.

The dumbass should be allowed to advertise, in my opinion. It'll make it more likely that he will finally get caught for all that Ebay fraud he committed.

His views on resentment make real sense. In a way it changed the way I viewed the world - and myself. He's no Maitreya, but OftW is indeed a worthy philosophical work.

>orgy of the will
>orgy
>denotes a plural act
>will
>singular noun
So the title means "literally playing with yourself". Lol. Everything I need to know about that narcissistic twat.

If this is advertising then at least a quarter of the threads on this board are, and if you disagree then you're underestimating his growing popularity.

Fuck off, Alex.

Sage and hide.

Tell me more about this? Seems like the guy to scam people.

A quarter? A quarter of 100+ threads? Point out 10. No, point out 5. Go on. Point out 5 threads that are blatantly advertising some nobody's juvenile shit.

icycalmisacriminal.wordpress.com
And he admits to it in "Orgy of the Will":
>608. My detractors make light of my stealing from grannies on eBay. What's next, making fun of lions for eating gazelles? O the absurdities the weaklings will keep concocting to excuse their weaknesses! And if I and the lions are worthy of derision for preying on grannies and gazelles, what is to be said of those who are too scared to even do that much?

Threads live right now:

(and the several other threads she got)
If I wasted even more time going through the archive of just today I'd pull a sizeable list. I can't wait to hear you say that these books deserve discussion yet this does not, for some ass pull of a reason like "some of these guys got awards" or "they published more books."

>some nobody's
You think this because he isn't discussed here often. He's not allowed to be, apparently, because of biased douchebags like you.

This is exactly how I pictured him writing this. Thanks a bunch.

>699. Veeky Forums is without a doubt the worst website in the history of the internet. I have never seen such an agglomeration of stupidity and wretchedness anywhere else, nor would have imagined that so much ugliness — mental, and no doubt also physical — could be possible in this world if I had never come across it. And they are all fully aware of this, which is why they prefer to remain anonymous, and almost immediately trash everything that they write, since they know it's rubbish. We are talking about individuals so weak and fearful that even the nicknames used by forum users feel too restrictive and oppressive to them. Individuals so slow and incoherent that they don't want others to be able to connect even as much as two of their posts together and hold them accountable for some measure of logic between them. This is the true bottom of the barrel of (sub)humanity. And that's why I keep an eye on it from time to time. You couldn't even meet such idiots in the street, since people in the street possess at least the minimum amount of strength required to leave their rooms and walk around. So if my site is the greatest site that exists and that will ever be made (and it is), Veeky Forums is the lowest one, and will remain so for as long as it remains the internet's bastion for all those who are attracted by anonymity (which is to say for nobodies).

Kek. And this guy railing against anonymity now is forced to resort to it because he turned himself into a probably-permanent refugee from the law for the sake of a measly $165,000 or so — a couple years' worth of money. Does our Nietzschean superman use his towering genius to steal billions, or at least millions? No. He blows his criminal wad an $165,000 and now has to live the rest of his life on the lam.

his aphorisms on why we shouldn't criticize the economy and our financial overlords are pretty fucking ridiculous. i agree with most other things though

>206. Mistakes of the subhumans. They immediately interpret the idea of subjectivity as giving them free reign to support any viewpoint that they want, no matter how incoherent, ignorant and wretched. Sure, the ant too has its own perspective of things, and therefore its own subjective reality, but who gives a shit about the reality of an ant? The greater the man the greater — and hence the more objective — his perspective, and therefore the idea of subjectivity does not undermine the absolute rule of inequality in the universe but is precisely the mechanism by which it comes about.

Amazing how he simplifies debates that last dozens of threads with hundreds of posts on here.

>"805. The wizards of the financial system are said to be useless and even parasitical because they "are not creating anything", but this attitude is wrong. They take on risk, and given how averse subhumans are to this absolutely essential aspect of the creative process, what this group of individuals are contributing to our society is no small thing at all."

Very first thing I read, and I already find him annoying and just opinion spouting instead of engaging in any kind of argument.

I really like the site's complete lack of style. I think I'll steal it, but use some shitty black background with green text just to be edgy srs.

OP here. I actually agree with him on this point. I do think he has some interesting ideas. He just annoys me because he overrates himself and is a sociopath.

Cont. Although, I should qualify my agreement... certainly the "risk" that already-wealthy people take on by investing is usually nothing like any risk that poor people take, since in most cases if they fail they will still be rich. But yes, risky investing is vital to the health of the economy.

Philosophy has always been "opinion spouting."

I disagree with him on it, but that's not even my issue. He doesn't present much of an argument. I could find the same shit on Twitter from political extremists.

>'Evil men have no songs.' How is it that the Russians have songs?
Same could be said for certain aphorisms of Nietzsche's, if you just pull them out of context and don't take the entire body of work into consideration.

Hey Alex.

Does anyone else think "I want to be like him"?

>450. My readers who say they want to become criminals. They don't understand me. I wanted to become an astronaut or a scientist. A special forces commando or an engineer. And in any case, and above all, a hero and not a villain. Crime for me was either a necessary expedient at times, or something to spice up my daily routine — a bit of fun to stave off the ever-looming boredom. But it has never been a proper goal of mine and it never will. I would be much more impressed if you told me you wanted to become an archaeologist or a surgeon.

And then a quote from Nietzsche we can't forget:

>I love the great despisers, because they are the great adorers, and arrows of longing for the other shore.

tl;dr his detractors (you) are far more "evil" than he is.

True, but in Zyrmpas' case, the body of work is not quite as much of a support as Nietzsche's body of work.
But even if we disregard morality, the question remains... why would a self-proclaimed super-genius resort to a "necessary expedient" of stealing a measly $165,000 or so? This dude makes himself out to be one of the smartest humans who has ever lived. Orgy of the Will contains dozens of such bits of self-flattery. Why would such an intelligent man resort to a bit of cheap crime to obtain a small sum of money? I would expect much more of a Nietzschean superman. A super-genius should be able to raise $165,000 completely legally, without too much fuss or too much time spent on the matter.

>a measly $165,000
That's a decent amount for just one gig. Any more gigs and it would be about wanting to commit crime, and any more in dollar amount and it would be about actually needing cash, not just to have fun and give it a shot one time in his life. Is having fun against the laws of geniuses?

Nothing wrong with having fun. However, his crime(s) did a lot to screw up his ability to achieve his other aims. For example, now he will never be able to raise funds to make a video game.

The question is why does it have to be legal if you are disregarding morality? You keep coming into this with the idea that crime is inherently bad.

Because in the long run, a hyper-intelligent man could make a LOT more money legally than he could illegally, and would not have to waste some of his finite energy dealing with the consequences of law-breaking.

>I and the lions
This stood out as the worst part of the whole passage to me. It should be "the lions and I" but he's too cool for the rules that determine word order.

Maybe you should read more books then.

MODS

Burden of proof is on you here.

Why don't you try discussing his writings? That's the "intelligent" stuff. Gossping about some crime he did decades ago is getting really fucking boring. There are pages of this all over internet forums.

>a hyper-intelligent man could make a LOT more money legally than he could illegally,
Only slaves think life is measured by how much money you get.

Just suggesting, maybe that's why you 'can't think of another book' because you haven't read that much. I'm by no means a well-read person but I've read enough to know a quality philosophical argument, which is something that Icycalm cannot make claims for no matter how much he writes.

orgyofthewill.net/praise/

>"Still gay that icycalm threads get deleted and yet we're alowed to talk about this other random nobody blogger."

Is this true?

A thread got deleted just a couple days ago, so yeah.

>Because skater fashion rocks, and every other way of dressing — both for males and females — is an error.
Is this the best insight icycalm has ever made?

132. Fondue sucks. It's just a pot of disgusting melted cheese in which you dip pieces of stale bread. The only reason subhumans are still eating it is because of all the apparatus on the table that makes them feel like children. Its continued popularity has nothing to do with culinary excellence but with subhuman childishness.

What really boring are these samefagging icycalm threads interested in nothing but shilling this awful persons work

t. plebs with shit taste

But really, you have to be kidding with mocking either of those.

No, this one is.
>They become DISGUSTING by coming into contact with my writings, whereas before they were merely ignorant and stupid.

>overcoming and fighting vast wealth and not being immediately crushed is not a form of genius

Ok

Go to bed Alex

This stuff is cringe-inducing. This piece of shit didn't understand Nietzsche at all, and honestly deserves to be beaten by a pack of niggers for running his mouth talking shit about everyone in the universe. As if anyone Nietzsche respected -- Caesar, Napoleon, Goethe, Turrenne, Borgia -- would have any respect for this uncultured foul mouthed freak.

What did he do to hurt your feelings so much?

leave OOTW and go here first

insomnia.ac/essays/

The times are very different from when all of those people were alive. Someone like Icycalm is actually the modern equivalent of a Nietzsche, as hard as it might be to believe from that historian's world view of yours.