You ready for Thanksgiving, Veeky Forums?

You ready for Thanksgiving, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EYkRF_FmD40
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck this almost makes me wish I was in the states

>80 fucking dollarydoos

>tfw got the last one on order.
>tfw I will have that satisfaction knowing I may have ruined someones plans for Thanksgiving.

Yes I am. Get that shit in your picture away from me.

A turkey, a few gallons of peanut oil, a refill on your propane tank, and a turkey frying kit is definitely going to cost more than $80. And that's not exactly normal kitchen equipment, you know? That's something you'll drag out once a year, tops.
I deep-fried turkeys for 2 or 3 years and said I was done. Too much fucking work. Takes fucking hours just to heat that much oil to 350.

>$80

That's $104 here. Why the fuck is it so expensive? A turkey that size would cost around $40 here. All those sides would cost about $10 to make.

Use an air fryer.

>Why the fuck is it so expensive?
You are paying for someone else to make it all for you?

Where the fuck do you get an air fryer that holds an entire turkey?

My local kroger sells smallish (2-3 pounds-ish?) rotisserie turkeys for $7.99 each
How many of those would I need to feed 10 people?
I figure I'll just put them on a nice platter and tell everyone I cooked them

I can't believe these actually exist. What the hell?

SEYMOUR, THESE TURKEYS LOOK STRANGELY SIMILAR TO THE ONES THEY SELL DOWN AT THE GROCERY STORE.

>What the hell?
I have one.
The best part is it has a drip tray on the bottom so you can make goddamn gravy.

I wonder if these actually work.

It's a big metal tub with a massive burner on the bottom, it works.

Just call them turkey veal.

So labour is worth more than twice the cost of the ingredients?
Fuck off, would rather do it myself and the quality would be five times better.

>it works.
But the results... are they good?

Just cover the wings and the drumstick tips in foil or you will get charcoal.
But yeah, works, and the times are around the same as a normal fryer.
Can only do a 16lb bird tho.

>But yeah, works
It "works" is not the same as good. I think I'll pass.

The birds I have done came out the same as a traditional fryer.
Juicy inside, crisp skin outside.
The air fryer just has an added benefit of not burning your house down if you are a dummy.

it's called a convection oven dumbass, you probably have 1 in your house

and you call them home cooked despite the fact that they are obviously krogers

Secret family recipe from my long lost great uncles cousins neighbor 5th removed Bernard.

so it's a grill

Please don't ever think about owning a business you clueless moron

Well, more like a broiler.

I work in retail, so I’ll be spending Thanksgiving working a 9+ hour shift.

publix has their meals for cheaper with more food wtf kfc. i think the sales add had a 10-12lbs bird and sides for 40$

Please consider killing yourself, you low rent shill

I've never seen anyone have such a autistic melt down over finding out how the service industry works, try getting out more

Try selling a product people will buy

Because lazy incompetent people will pay for others to prepare their food. I'm looking at you millennials

My family bought a turkey sized deep fryer just for this thanksgiving.
>$100 for it

I never understand what to do with oil
I have enough trouble with extra cooking oil left over in my pan
what would I do with gallons of it?

Store it for future use.

Remember to thaw the bird first.
youtube.com/watch?v=EYkRF_FmD40

>turkey
I never got the obsession with turkey on thanksgiving. I always just do a ham.
>not dry as fuck like a turkey
>less expensive
>tastes better overall

but wont it become rancid? that's what I'm always nervous about
when I have all this left over chicken and bacon grease. I hear about old ladies in the south just keep a jar of it sitting on their counter top not even refrigerating it

Nah. I've stored peanut oil for months after repeated use.
I have an old broken deep fryer that I use to store mine in. Don't need refrigerated or anything.

This guy knows what's up. I make a ham and a chicken. Fuck the turkey

Isnt the point of thanksgiving to wake up early and cook damn good meals all day while catching up with the family and getting tipsy off campagne and beer? Doesnt this just defeat the whole purpose? Unless youre by yourself and have no family...

another year another $70 make at home meal from vons while my ma and grandma get sad because grandpa is dead

did they take orders in advance or was it first come first serve

nigga that is the most jewish post i have read all week

$60 for just the turkey.

This year I'm just doing a friendsgiving because of shit like this.
Back when I was younger I used to enjoy family thanksgiving. We would all go to my grandpa's to celebrate and they would make the biggest meal and I would enjoy the company of my relatives while watching football.
Nowadays half of them are dead or moved away and the rest just disagree with each other and argue about shit constantly.

Ah, thanksgiving morning mimosas. I cant wait

I feel you man but my ma and my grandma are the only two family members within 100 miles of me.

Plus granny is 94 and every year is a coinflip as to her living to see another thanksgiving. If her and my mom were to die i would probably be buying those thanksgiving dinner for one frozen meals before I go to a strip club for the nachos

thanksgiving became way more dank once I was able to drink.

Go to grannys hours at 10 pound a 16 oz tall boy while I prep the sides and shit

Eat thanksgiving lunch at 2-2:30 pull out a fancy trapist ale and drink monkbeer while I eat more turkey than the rest of my family combined

>Implying millennials are not busy on Twitter complaining how Thanksgiving is a slavery holiday against Native Americans or some bullshit.

When did "I work in retail" become code for "I fold shirts, and shirt accessories"

this is probably fake and I'm mad that it's fake

Is KFC even open on Thanksgiving?

Is that how you activate almonds

>Turkey and seasoning
$30
>Mashed potatoes
Like $5 potatoes literally cost cents
>Gravy
$1 at most
>Coleslaw
Maybe $3
>Biscuits
$2 for packaged, $1 if you make them yourself
>>>>$79.99
Can black people even affor this?

I'm going to bump this thread because I couldn't find another one about Thanksgiving.. anyway, what are some side-dishes everyone does? We do a cranberry/orange dish. It's sugar, blended cranberries and orange zest with squeezed orange juice in it from the orange. I'm just tryin' to come up with some other dishes since we're doing two days of thanksgiving at relatives and one of them puts god damn crisco and bacon in everything -I just don't want to die of a heart attack so i'm bringing my own dishes..

I know Veeky Forums loves to low ball on homemade vs. eating out but this might be the most retard numbers I've seen yet, wear your crown proudly you fucking neanderthal.Way to avoid putting the cost of oil and an apparatus to fry the turkey in, because that's something the average family has on hand.

Lol my Gramps bought us one of these as a gift back when I was a kid
The damn thing is just a propane fueled convection oven