I'm realizing now that this board is a shithole... the whole Ontilogicool incident is a good indicator of that...

I'm realizing now that this board is a shithole... the whole Ontilogicool incident is a good indicator of that. Nobody even reads here, it's just people posting about meme books and shitposting. You'd think a Veeky Forums board would be a little more mature, but people here will still take every chance they get to be edgy or pretend they're more intelligent than the next person. If there was actual discussion on this site it wouldn't be such a waste of time. Get off Veeky Forums and go read a book.

>I'm realizing now
Well I hope your first week on Veeky Forums was fun.

It's a good board for brainlets like me who are just getting into any form of literature or intellectual pursuit whatsoever, but yeah I imagine past a certain point it's useless

>Get off Veeky Forums and go read a book
NO U. and stop killing Veeky Forums threads about books for your shitty youtube threads about moralfagging.

Veeky Forums or not, Veeky Forums is Veeky Forums

She looks like a video game character

WHO IS SHE

IM AT MY FUCKING BREAKING POINT

I don't think I'd come here if this board ever got mature...

I'll give you that one, I guess me making a thread like this is just contributing to the problem. I guess im just frustrated because I know it could be something more

i suppose youre right. i think people who discover this board become encouraged to read a little bit more and that's good

already a thread like this

looooool

OP. I don't know what threads you've been in, but all that should've been obvious the first time you came in here.

I only visit Veeky Forums to shitpost and get into pedantic arguments about things I don't even care about. The whole board is full of pseudo-intellectuals who have no idea how much they sound like little children.

It's great.

I mean, unless you actually want to discuss books seriously.

>upset about nobody reading and not talking about books
>instead of contributing quality content makes a whiny meta thread instead

classic

oh shit, i forgot to add "books for this feel?"

is he jewish

How about YOU read a book and join a Moby Dick discussion reading thread?

But also you're right, this board (and many others like mu, p,) is just a gateway for people to get into certain thing, this case books. Once you get past level of the board you will probably still stay because you realized sometimes its got really funny memes about the subject, kinda different from other websites.

Just do your own thing OP, if you really are that smart you'd realize discussion online is terrible, so just enjoy this for what it is.

On the Heights of Despair by Emil Cioran.

You're right, we're overrun with shitheads. Don't let them force you out. Stand tall, be reasonable, call trolls out when they do their thing. Make it untenable for them.

Always this. I read constantly and come to Veeky Forums because its fun and because occasionally I'll get a really good discussion about literature I couldn't anywhere else. Veeky Forums is fine, and these weekly posts do nothing to change anything.

Can someone give me some examples of what Veeky Forums people did to the girl? Like, just saying shit to her online?
Was something heavy?

No, she's just not used to our way of showing love.

She went on Veeky Forums for the first time to a thread about herself. Must be pretty spooky.

nothing basically, there was no incident

Literally people just said she was just another dumb cunt and that was enough to trigger her

Nothing of value was lost.

proof hard work whiteknighting pays off

which normie website is this?

That's sort of what I figured. The most spammed memes always have basically nothing behind them.

>which normie website is this?
what do you think?

Well, she decided to expose herself on internet. She had to think about the future judgments if she knows how internet works

i thought youtube but i didn't think youtube had hearts.

no bully

Yeah but her boyfriend told her she was so smart, why would he lie to her

This website is a shithole, but its our shithole. Much like real life, its not a hugbox, and you're gonna get glares, cat calls and what not. There are some genuine intriguing ideas and writers on this site, thats not a joke. However, a lot of cross over with other boards that have really muddied it as of late. Everyone thinks theyre better than everyone, until someone calls them a pseud. The issue with this Ontilogicool person is that shes clearly from a comfortable academic world, wherein when she is critiqued it isn't harsh and is more directed to her interpretation of the works for the class. Here, everything is fair game, seldom few will defend you, a lot will mock and sexualise you, because thats what the anonymous individual does. That and most memers are NEETs who haven't left their rooms in ages and don't know what normal human interaction is like and are devoid of emotion

It's pseuds all the way down.

Woah thanks for the incredible insight we're posting on Veeky Forums faggot

:3 he loves her :33 just not enough to keep her off the internet :/

she's pretty smart and has cool interest for an early 20s attractive female though desu

Fucking mentally weak people

meet more women, user.

Got another Ben over here

I know plenty of women but the amount of pretty young ones into continental philosophy is still relatively low.

it's a rarity even in philosophy departments.

how is she gonna live up to the hype

she is still cute, tho, and well spoken enough to make for a nice date nd bang

>pretty young ones into continental philosophy is still relatively low
that's pretty much every philosophy department here until post grad. weeding them out so you get one guy who knows basic programming is hard. you should transfer if you can, it might be a local phenomenon. finding one in those classes that isn't is like finding anyone with a penis in a psych 101

Being "into" something is worth fuck all. I'd have way more respect for a girl who has intelligent things to say about The Real Housewives than some ditzy fool trying to associate with the most intellectually impressive community she can find

Shes from Vancouver it seems. I'm going to go find her, propose and give her a copy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra.

>watching her push vegan coeliac salad around her plate between her saying um and like
you can have her. well, her bf might be a problem, but no, no, thanks.

remember to take pictures of her feet and post them on here when you get the chance

Veeky Forums has been great to me. I mostly lurk these days for good recs that aren't meme'd into oblivion. Started reading SPQR by Mary beard...whoever recommended that I couldn't thank enough.

At the same time, there is a dark side to the board and I feel quite bad for this ontologicool girl. She was being criticized far too harshly when you consider the fact that she was basically just diary posting on youtube. Then ag

>Then ag

What did he mean by this?
Very Beckettian

>Then ag
did this nigger just get candleja

i've since dropped out and became a celibate hermit.

>Started reading SPQR by Mary beard.

I'm reading that right now. I sort of fucking despise this book. I've read quite a few books about roman history, and this is the worst. It's boring for one, I mean it's really hard to make rome boring, but she really pulls it off. It's also rambling as fuck, Half the damn time I have no idea what she's talking about because she wanders of into about nine sub tangents of whatever the fuck she was originally talking about.

Tip offs for bad history books: when the chapters have almost nothing to do with the title of the chapter.

Imagine being so narcissistic that you make an almost 10 minute video blabbing about yourself. I don't see what the big whoop is with ontologicool. Typical harlot desu

I think I was the one who recommended it. #feelinghelpful

fair choice, but if you want to go the marriage by abduction route, think about returning to the philosophy department

that niglet aged 40 years between pics

A total of like 100 people were involved. There's much more than 100 people frequenting this board. I wouldn't take the whole thing very seriously, although obviously the people that were involved are extremely immature.

THEN STOP POSTING ONTO THREADS YOU ARE THE PROBLEM FUCKING IDIOT SAGED

>call trolls out when they do their thing
2/10 made me respond