Occult/hermeneutic books that are closely related to the bible or the Torah...

Occult/hermeneutic books that are closely related to the bible or the Torah? This stuff intrigues me and I want to dive deeper.

bumping. Im interested in this too

you misspelled homoerotic lol

Are you familiar with the Illuminatus! trilogy?

Veeky Forums isn't that great with this topic, and /x/ is considerably worse.

I'd recommend to check out /fringe/ on 8ch about these topics
But the Kyballion is cited for this stuff, basically any book by William Walker Atkinson. Crowley is sort of known for his books about the topic too, but he is controversial because of all the Satanic stuff, so read everything with a grain of salt.
Search up Montalk in google, he has a book that's very short and introduces you too all the occult stuff you should know, but then he dwells into ET's and shit, which is still interesting, but maybe not your type. He also has a shit ton of articles and a FAQ with good answers.
There's this Spanish guy which name I forgot that also has a good books about occultism, hopefully someone know's who I'm talking about.

Good luck!

whoops I didn't mean to reply to you, sorry

What is the point of occultism besides larping?

Fucking hot and crazy goth chicks.

I don't it's interesting and reading very briefly the occultist writings of WB Yeats and William Blake made me more intrigued. I was interested when I was watching a documentary on Alan Moore and he claimed that magic is about the written word. It is misrepresented to represent wizards and witches. Also, there are a lot of interesting theories about the writers of the bible and all the interesting knowledge found in it. It's just a search for knowledge which I think is a common pursuit in all readers.

It was /x/-tier

Well, I've applied some of what I've read and it has helped me to have a better mindset.
I don't know if magic works though, I haven't tried it first hand, but I believe in those that are into it, because it's just way too complex to be a big hoax for larping and it has retained some level of credibility. If I say literally everyone trying to be magicians (well, at least IRL) I'd consider it to be quite strange, but everything is just too obscure. And at least it helps people to some degree. I mean, I have literally no way to falsify it or affirm it, but whatever helps people become better is alright in my book.

Another thing, is that I've personally learned far more things I can apply to my life from occultism than I do from the average XX/XXI century writer, because they do have practical ideas that can help you. I get the jest of most narrative books at some point in the middle of my reading and just reading for aesthetics isn't my thing, I'd rather look at paintings or listen to music for the same effect. I like philosophy and occultism books because there's something to learn from them, but from most novels I just personally think there isn't enough room to put deep enough thoughts.

I think if it's not your thing that's fine, but you shouldn't close yourself to those books just because. There is stuff you might think it's just bullshit or charlatanery (and I mean, Zizek, Lacan and some others aren't too far off from this stuff), and that's fine, just skip it or read it at some other point, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

The word I think you're looking for is Hermetic, not Hermeneutic. Anyways, here are some recs:

Hermeticism:

Kybalion
Emerald Tablet of Hermes
Corpus Hermeticum
Pretiosissimum Donum Dei
Initiation into Hermetics

The most closely related material to the Bible and Torah would be Gnosticism or Kabbalah. There's a lot of good Kabbalah info online, and the wikipedia article does a good job. As far as Gnosticism goes, the Nag Hammadi library is a must.

you can't have access to the true mysteries because

1. you're not jewish
2. you're not orthodox
3. you don't belong to or are associated with a mystically inclined lineage
4. you don't have 15 years of dedicated Torah study as an adult
5. you're not over 40
6. you're not married and don't have children

these are the minimum requirements for access to legitimate, actionable mysticism (including but not limited to "Kabbalah") for anyone other than genuine prodigies.

anything you find online or studied by laypeople will be extremely shallow and/or bullshit.

In what sense are these 'true' mysteries and not any different to any other made up bullshit?

in the sense that understanding them makes certain things possible that would otherwise be impossible.

i don't understand it but i've seen it.

I don't see why the results of any one psychosis-inducing belief should be qualitatively different from any other.

Sorry buddy, I doubt there's any hermeneutic books about the bible

that's fine. the point of the requirements is to actually prevent psychosis though.

i got you senpai

While not related to bible or torah, I recommend Paracelsus books. He incorporates hermeneutic ideas in an applied setting (medicine). This gives a nice perspective on how these teachings can be applied practically. This makes it easier to understand the meaning of texts in a theological setting. You find many of his books on archive.org .

The Nag Hammadi contains writings with hermeneutic elements and pure hermeneutic texts. Generally in gnostic circles you find the desired material.

>The word I think you're looking for is Hermetic, not Hermeneutic
Ahhh - I meant hermetic, too.

Currently reading a nice book by Gershom Scholem.

Read him, he is considered the big guy when it comes to Jewish Mysticism

Anyone read Hermetic Tradition by Evola?

What can I expect to get out of it? Anything I should think about before going in?

Best book on the subject. No need for preperation, but you will need to practice, not only study