Anyone here read while high...

Anyone here read while high? I find that I can get through Virgil and Caesar a lot easier while stoned and as long as I take notes my comprehension is of the text is just fine.

Other urls found in this thread:

who.int/substance_abuse/publications/global_alcohol_report/msb_gsr_2014_1.pdf?ua=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, its good fun to read while high.
The significance of the text is intensified in my experience. It also makes it much more apparent how much of a different state of consciousness you enter into while reading as opposed to any other activity.

I read in my crystal meth immersion tank

weed is for degenerate faggots who enjoy having the gov brainwashing their stupid stoner minds.

way to buy into 1950s government propoganda m8

I don't use marijuana but tobacco puts me in a contemplative mood that goes perfectly with reading. I almost always smoke my pipe while I read and sometimes have some coffee. The mixed effects of caffeine and nicotine can really enhance the experience.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE FUCKING WEEEEEEEEED AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DUDE!!!!!!!!!! WEED!!!!!!!!!!!! hits bong FUCKING DUUUUUUDE that WEEED like just...................DUDE
LMFFFFFAAAAAAOOOO i am so fucking HIGH on WEED right now XD WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED holla my DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JUST.........ROLL................MY.......................JOINT......................UP........................................AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY DANK DANK DANK WEED
LEGALIZE IT! LEGALIZE IT! LEGALIZE IT! ROLL EM SMOKE EM PUT EM IN A BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKING WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am just FUCKING BAKED right now my DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAOOOOOOOOOOO RAISE YO HAND IF U TURNT AF RIGHT NOW raises both hands AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WEED DUDE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I SMOKE 2 JOINTS IN DA MORNIN MON...........DUDE! WEED! HAAAAAAAAAAAA IM LIKE A FUCKIN KITE RIGHT NOW MY DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! S O F U C K I N G H I G H O N W E E D I CANT EVEN FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SMOKING ONLY THE DANKEST OF HERB MY DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOME OF THAT TRIPLE BANANA WINSTON CHURCHILL MEGA DANK GAZA GRASS YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKIN SO FUCKIN BLAZED RIGHT NOW DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDE AHAHAHAHHAA BAZINGA
inhales YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cough THIS cough SHIT cough IS cough SO cough FUCKIN cough DANK my DUDE HAAHHAAAHAHAHAHAH WHY AM I EVEN LAUGHING ROTFLMAOO THIS SHIT IS NARSH BRO FUCKIN HELLA SMOKE WEED ERR DAY YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The culture that has risen around marijuana is definitely annoying but how do you draw a line between nicotine, caffeine, alcohol as good drugs and weed as a bad drug? I don't really see much of a difference.

t. Someone who doesn't smoke weed

I was zombied to the brim while going thru IJ. I would read passages over and over again going WTF? When it finally clicked, I was tickled pink by how ponderous my comprehension had become.

Man i miss being that burnt out.

I hate pot, but I drink and read.

>high
yes amphetamines can have a pu-
>stoned
lol what. you know that it's just making your brain slower right? that's why you need to take notes in the first place.

current year government propaganda is that weed is safe and ok especially for unborn babies in pregnant mothers because they aren't people anyway and did you hear that we just mean medicinal marijuana ok look at my poor single daughter with epilepsy she needs the mary jane for her spasms it eases her pain wtf are you literally hitler taking the only thing that matters to her but dude weed lmao vote liberal ok. actually i meant my boomer grandfather vietnam war vet who has chronic joint pain from stepping on a landmine medal of honor hero he votes republican but is totally for the weed so he's okay too and cool.

i hope i answered your question.

I can't read while high on pot, short term memory is shit and I have to re read the same thing over and over again. Pointless. On the other hand It's easier for me to understand the symbolism of visual narratives like cartoons and movies and etc. Abstract through gets better but don't expect to be able to remember much of it though.

Meant abstract thought.

Do: coffee, alcohol
[draw line here]
Don't: nicotine, weed
Also don't: poor quality alcohol, excessive drinking, energy drinks

>reading caesar stoned
i'd have a giggle fit for half an hour every sword shield and sheath. how?

lmao, makes me amused to see someone so buttmad.

dude weed lmao. I think you instagram dwelling faggots should go back

was it commentaries on the gallic war by any chance and did they coincide with every mention of "corn"?

I think pot can be good if you use it adequately, like, say, you smoke on the weekends or if you're trying to shut off the crazy mess of ideas and voices that you head becomes after being stuck in your own head all day. Good for winding down.

But I don't think that it can or should be used to work or do any activity that requires complex thought, concentration or memory skills. It's too hard to think while you're high, unfortunatley most people that use it, or at least most people that I know, stay high 24/7 or they say things like the OP while not understanding that your memory about all the time you spend high is going to be blurry at best and most likely absent.

Thanks that really clears things up.

Alright but WHY do you draw the line there? Is it completely subjective or do you have some objective criteria that a drug must meet to be 'good' or to be 'bad'?

One thing that I find interesting is that you draw a line between caffeine and nicotine. They are both addictive alkaloid stimulants with very similar effects (aside from nicotine's unique trait of becoming a depressant at higher doses).

>WHY
when it becomes harmful, that's where line is drawn, reason is self evident, pseud

>when it becomes harmful
Are alcohol and caffeine not harmful? Drunk drivers cause thousands of innocent deaths. Alcohol has plenty of harmful effects on health. Both caffeine and alcohol are addictive. As someone who has an alcoholic in my family who is very close to me, I'm skeptical that weed is more harmful than alcohol.

go to reddit if arguments don't register because your fedora sits too tight. obviously I draw the line where a behavior is harmful yet you continue to ask me why I think harmful behavior is okay to do. ergo, you're an idiot and I recommend you never touch anything in your life again because you can't be trusted with it.

reading Robert Jordan high is great

>obviously I draw the line where a behavior is harmful
I think you need to go back and read your own post. You clearly said that alcohol and caffeine are "do" but weed and nicotine are "don't". Later, after I questioned you further, you said that you drew the line there because it became harmful. Therefor, according to what you have said, alcohol and caffeine are not harmful but weed and nicotine are.

I would argue that all 4 substances are inherently 'harmful' so that's not a logical criteria to separate them by.

If having your preconceptions challenged hurts your feelings I think it's you who needs to go back. They are a lot nicer there and they won't make you use your brain, you'll fit in well.

>I would argue
but you have nothing to back it up which means I have nothing to argue against which in turn puts you under the impression you have a point
what makes you think I have any interest in changing your diaper?

>but you have nothing to back it up
You don't think I can back up the point that alcohol is also harmful? So you disagree that alcohol is harmful? Lets take a look at the WHO Global Status Report on Alcohol and Health from 2014...

>Globally,harmful use of alcohol causes approximately 3.3 million deaths every year (or 5.9% of all deaths)
>5.1% of the global burden of disease is attributable to alcohol consumption
>causal relationship between alcohol consumption and more than 200 health conditions

Source: who.int/substance_abuse/publications/global_alcohol_report/msb_gsr_2014_1.pdf?ua=1

ask me again please maybe then I will change my mind

you fucking nut

Reading while high is fun, especially if you've read the text before, but if you read high more than you read sober then you are officially fucking up.

you draw the line when you drink or smoke often enough that it's taking away from the ultimate goal. Giving in to these pleasures takes away our ability to fully develop as a person.

i like to smoke some weed before reading poetry because it helps me feel the rhythm and rhyme.

Formatting was ugly so deleted and revised post.

I just want you to type out "alcohol is harmless" because then maybe you'll realize the absurdity of what you're implying. If you want to maintain that alcohol is harmless despite mountains of evidence to the contrary then clearly you are beyond reasoning, let alone the fact that you aren't competent enough to remember your own assertions.

To bring it home and make the point I've been working towards, you have absolutely no logical reason to justify the use of alcohol and caffeine over the use of marijuana. You are deluding yourself if you think you are anything but a slave to your preconceptions and you clearly don't want to (or don't have the ability to) think critically about this.

Keep in mind, I do not smoke weed or ever want to smoke weed. If I'm presented a logical argument against weed I'll be the first one to denounce it, but it's clear now that you aren't capable of that. Have a nice night.

weed smoking is for homosexual individuals of color

>he has evidence that harmful, irresponsible activities are harmful
stfu you dense brainlet

sounds hot

i mean gay, sounds gay

Only poetry.

I don't see the point.

I see the point of writing, because it might let the natural aspects of your speech flow more easily. Nevertheless, the writing will never be finished before you start correcting it with the acuteness of a very sober critical eye.

I realize it's absurd to list evidence of something that is common sense but what else can you do when you're arguing with someone who clearly lacks common sense? Bitching because I don't have evidence and then bitching because I do.

why don't you listen to me nigger, you know you can't be trusted with that keyboard

>lacking any substantial argument he desperately resorts to ad hominem

in your defective mind

Yeah, but I do like a solid 40% of things stoned. I don't take notes.

>all these triggered losers