Savage Eating Etiquette

In some cultures it's considered an insult to turn your plate to reach food on the other side.
It's thought that doing so insults the cook by saying the food portions and plating was inadequately prepared.

Post other non-sense eating etiquette from the third world.

no it isn't

in the asian culture it's considered rude taking food from a shared bowl and eating it directly. you are supposed to place it in your own bowl first, and then eat.

In America, talking after the food arrives is extremely rude. Not inhaling the food so fast you can barely breathe is a grave insult to the host. For a particularly good meal it is considered courteous to say something like "uuuuugggh I am such a pig" or "I just gained 10 pounds lol"

Commenting on the quality of the ingredients, the presentation, or the innovativeness of the dish is considered a veiled insult.

Scooping soup away from yourself. I always thought that was weird.

whoah

Also: not adding bbq, ketchup, ranch or mayo equal to the same amount of food on the plate is considered as ignorance towards American food culture, as it is standard throughout the entire country.

Real talk though, it is very rude to use your phone at the table in America. It is expected that you speak your mind about the food, as not doing so offends the host/cook as it is custom to strive for excellence. It is extremely rude to salt your food or add any sort of topping to it, unless it is bread or plain fries. Lastly, it is rude to leave the table before everyone is finished eating.

This is only true of civil parts of America, though. What you two said is true of the south, where obesity is law and ranch on pizza is already included.

in my country you can't say no to food, it's insulting, i traveled to different homes in holidays and would have to gorge ourselves and drink something in every home. puking was inevitable.

>Real talk though, it is very rude to use your phone at the table in America
i hate people that use their phone while eating, my amerifat cousin does this all the time and it annoys the shit out of me.

>It is extremely rude to salt your food or add any sort of topping to it
i honestly don't understand why you have pepper and salt shaker on basically every table in every decent restaurant or home, if it's considered rude to add either or both to how you like it. the only thing that makes sense is to be mad at people that salt their food before they even tasted it.

>Lastly, it is rude to leave the table before everyone is finished eating.
i would say it's rude in every country, not 100% sure though.

>arabs eating only with the right hand because they wipe their ass with the left.

Joe Rogan is so repulsive.

>that poor plant had to ensure potentially years worth of Joe Rogans fetid turds

my fucking sides

Pretty much all the chopstick rules revolve around funerals and symbolism. The chopsticks sticking out of a bowl is done at funerals. Same thing with placing them down and passing things from one persons chopsticks to another which they do with bones at a funeral.

citation needed

dumbass

I've never cited anything in my life and I don't intend to start citing things now because some fat fuck sitting in a ragged arm chair he picked up at GoodWill for $5 that formerly belonged to a single mother of three and got rid of it because it smelled of shit all the time tells me to cite something. So go Google it you tremendous purveyor of poor people furniture.

My dad (whose parents came from Fuzhou) tells me that, when eating whole fish, you shouldn't flip it over, or your fishing boat will capsize on your next trip out. I'm pretty sure I've heard of similar superstitions among people who depend on fishing.

Is that why they always do that weird ritual to remove the spine without lifting the fish at chinese restaurants? I always thought it was because it looked cool.

i live in the south. when eating wings its customary to wipe hot sauce all over your clothing if no paper towels are present. if there are paper towels wipe your hands/mouth with them after each wing. also to show the chef that they are well prepared be sure to yell at the football game on tv when your mouth is full of food. always dunk your wings in the ranch and don't touch the celery/carrot sticks. drink as much beer as you can and feel free to belch loudly if so inclined.

No, that's not "always". That's only because they know whiteboys like you might be triggered by the sight of bones. A waiter removing the bones from a fish would be unheard of in China except maybe at a tourist trap.

>whiteboys like you might be triggered by the sight of bones
But I'm filipino ;_;

Either you're a europoor or retarded, because this is absolute bullshit. Because if anything its insulting to add sauce to good food, you only add so to shitty fast food, or comfort food.
Either way you're a fucking mong.