How to tell the difference between cured meat and just uncooked?

I ended up trying to impress some people at a nice restaurant last night and ended up getting food poisoning from undercooked chicken or pork or something.

Well, your first hint is no one fucking cures chicken.

I bet the Chinese do the freaks.

No they chop that shit up and throw it in a wok dipshit

I'm intrigued by what happened. Who were you trying to impress and why? What did you order? What did you think it was? Did anyone say anything?

cured meat can be salty, and kinda dry like salame or jamon serrano, not always, as mortadela isn't it.
you kinda know it by common sense, they are usually dry and don't look like fresh meat. Salamis for example are covered in spices.
At least in Spain and Latin America we eat them as tapas or apertures

Cured meats have an almost jelly like look to them, like you can almost see through the meat, they're also hard and salty (like your mom)

Everything was in Italian. I was with some people from my program and trying to get with some girl. Shes a dumb hick type and thought everything I said was impressive about the food. I guess I ordered the wrong thing and the coloring was off, but I was explaining charcuterie and assured her it was safe.

She ended up banging some other guy and then I got diarrhea.

What did you learn from this?

I've made chicken jerky before.

So the restaurant served you spoiled meat? I'm not really seeing how this is your fault, no matter how much of a literal cuck you may be. I mean just because you don't know the correct name of a dish doesn't mean it's okay for the restaurant to poison you.

That is true. But everyone was telling me not to eat it and making faces while I did. It wouldnt be so bad if I hadnt tried to show the other guy up by saying it was normal for a cured meat. That part, I admit was my fault

So was it undercooked or was it just spoiled? I'm still not understanding what happened here exactly.

>I'm still not understanding what happened here exactly.

You're being trolled for replies.

Why would a restaurant serve you something that's not meant to be eaten?

>between cured meat and just uncooked?
You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Cured meat has a dry texture and a very strong flavor. It is usually salty, often very salty, and will also taste of the herbs/spices used in the curing process. It is usually served cold.

Raw meat has a very soft or perhaps even jelly-like consistency. It's not salty and it doesn't have that strong cured taste.

Yeah, seems like it. Either that or OP is mega retardo.

If you can't tell the difference between chicken and pork, you might have a long way to go, user.

The Japanese have chicken sashimi, like just straight up raw slices of chicken.

It's not a common dish in Japan.
It's confined to a few speciality restaurants.
I'm in Japan right now and I've not seen it anywhere yet.