Nostalgic food related stuff

If your household didn't have this dinnerware set in the 80s you weren't a true American.

I wasn't alive in the 80's lol

This lmao. Fucking old faggot go back to Facebook xD

we had ones with blue curlicues and pink flowers, in fact my parents still have t hem because theyre cheap, but yeah i went to plenty of people's houses that had that exact set.

>be foreign-born, foreign-raised kid of one USican parent and one non-USican parent
>had these dishes
Even halfmericans had them.

My god. Were those really popular? My parents had shit tons of these. The big plates, the saucers, the cups, everything. They were so simple and thin and functional.

Thanks for the nostalgia bomb, OP.

This do anything for you? 'member chewing on the cap?

never had them, when were they popular? I was born 1999

I knew people who had that set of Corelle. We had Corelle dinnerware, but the pattern was called "spring flowers" or "spring meadow" or something like that. That stuff was bulletproof, Pyrex made awesome stuff back then.
Then, when those went out of style, my mom switched to Lenox stoneware for the "everyday" dishes.

I didn't know this was a trend. Had all of these growing up. I think my mom might till have a bowl or two

Red was shit because it had a sort of chemical spicyness. The only other food that had that weird spicyness was those barrel drinks. It was weird and offputing for a fruit drink.

The cap was the best part

Yeah, here is. This is the set we had. So fucking eighties.

I remember those being awful and tasting like chemicals.

Whoa, look at this upper middle class kid with his fancy plates.

They were good until you touched them wrong and they just exploded

Reminds me of my grandma

Well, if you're young, it would definitely be grandma tier.
For me, it was childhood tier.

IIRC they were sold through either JC Penney or Sears so they were a nation wide phenomenon. They were also really durable. I ate off those dishes my entire childhood and then took them with me to college.
You can walk into any Goodwill or Savers and there's an above 80% chance they'll have a set of these dishes.

this shit, I remember the can version tasting like salty coins though, the pouches were best.

My grandparents still have this exact set.

Fucking still have some corelle my grandma bought

Those numbers

Holy shit, I wasn't the only one with these at home? My parents STILL use them but I think the teacups broke at some point back then.

>mfw drinking hot cocoa out of those exact cups as a kid while it snowed outside.

we still have a few of those plates mostly the small ones, and the sugar bowl thing

Shitty childhood here. Does anyone remember when other kids used to get money from their parents to buy whatever they pleased from the cafeteria and sometimes they'd pity feed you?