Veeky Forums, recommend me some light reads for when travelling

Veeky Forums, recommend me some light reads for when travelling

explain how that image looks so succulent
High ISO?

Jules Verne

Thomas Merton

the sky was purple

No light reads here but heres an avacado rascal.

where are you traveling?

>amsterdam stories
>pedro paramo
>invention of morel
>anything by patrick leigh fermor

if you're going to italy, for sure read goethe's journey

yeah definitely high iso, you can tell because of the noise. also looks like the hue of blues were made to be more purple and that blue saturation was increased

()
This isn't the best edit since it's a smaller jpeg but here's an approximation of what it probably looked like without color editing

Agatha Christie is easy but engaging enough.

WTF I hate traveling now!

has anyone noticed that visiting the four seasons in the city youre visiting for a drink is the new middle class version of going to the hard rock hotel? it's only emerged as certain female type of traveling for, and inspired by, social media has emerged. the kind of people all going to from the states to colombia and tulum and cuba right now. wish theyd go somewhere exotic, like north korea, and take pics of the leader for their instagrams

I'm partial to poetry and short story collections

I always like to read things like Hemingway and Cheever on a flight, in an airport, etc.

sherlock holmes

Stefan Zweig.

WH Audens book of light verse

houellebecq, bukowski, irvine welsh.... some of the beatniks. biographies

anything which has very little value outside voyeurism

the last book i enjoyed reading on a plane was "putin's russia." something about the fragmentary, self-contained stories (which were nonfiction) made it an enjoyable airplane book. i imagine that short stories in general would be good.

of course, that was before i started to fly with my 18m/o daughter in tow.

>anything by patrick leigh fermor [2]

The Flashman books by George Macdonald Fraser. Incredibly entertaining, very historically interesting, and easy reads. You can finish one on a three hour flight.

Murakami

Get a kindle, then all books are the same weight.

Jeeves and Wooster books by Wodehouse

i think i love you

sword art online, no game no life, a certain magical index, the list could go on...

Start with the Greeks