What's some good catholic Veeky Forumserature?

what's some good catholic Veeky Forumserature?

Shakespeare

Shakespeare was a humanist. That is like saying The Canterbury Tales is good catholic Veeky Forums. OP just listen to "opiate" by Tool Mkay sweetie?

If you haven't read this then you should go ahead and get started with that.

What's Catholic literature anyway? Why not call it Christian literature? I mean what's specifically Catholic about ACfL for instance? If he had mentioned the patriarch of Constantinople instead of the pope would you call it Orthodox literature? I don't think that's the point of the book, it's about Christianity more then just Catholicism.

canticle for leibowitz

I doubt you read that since you can't even read the thread.

Aren't like half the tales about members of church orders and friaries, etc.?

It's Catholic because the Church in it has the Papal hierarchy, uses monastic orders, and emphasizes saints.
Some protestants rabidly hate the Pope and some think Catholics 'worship' saints and are being heretical.

Morte D'Urban.
Pynchon was raised Catholic..

My diary desu

The distinction is important to separate books informed by true and correct beliefs from those informed by heretical protestant beliefs.

Saint Augustine of Hippo
>The City of God
>The Confessions

Thomas Aquinas
>Summa Theologica

Blaise Pascal
>The Provincial Letters
>Pensées

Misc
>The Catechism of the Catholic Church
>The Desert Fathers
>The Imitation of Christ

If you're okay with more Christian, but not specifically Catholic then:

C.S. Lewis
>Mere Christianity

Goethe
>Faust

Fyodor Dostoevsky
>The Brothers Karamazov
>The Posessed

G.K. Chesterton
>The Everlasting Man
>Orthodoxy

Misc
>Paradise Lost
>Pilgrim's Progress

Everything suggested above is entry level garbage. Try Joseph de Maistre and Baltasar Gracian.

Confessions

Isn't Joseph de Maistre just known for his traditionalist stances? In that regard he is outdone by Guenon and Evola. But pardon me if I'm mistaken, and he has written important works on Catholicism.

Huysmans.

De Maistre is a master prose stylist, which Evola and Guenon are not, to say the absolute least.

When I'm looking for religious books I just go to Ignatius press and look around. If it's on there it's in line with the Church.

Tolkien is pretty much very catholic

Yeah pretty much very.

How does this pertain to Catholicism?

Utopia by Thomas More

Chesterton is pretty catholic. His fiction is pretty decent lit but his essays on Catholicism give an interesting perspective on what Catholicism is and how it compares to other theologies and philosophies.

>sweetie posting in reply to bait
>thinking humanists weren't Christians
fuck this place is shit house now

canitcle for leibowitz

fpbp

Yeah I'm not pretty much very a native English speaker, sorry for my weird sentences.

>thinking there is any worth in Christian literature outside of Catholicism

Come on user, I'm a heathen but it's obvious Catholics have the best authors and aesthetics. Is there anything more soulless and empty than the Protestant worldview?

Lord of the World
Brideshead Revisited
Grey Eminence
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie

>de Maistre
>tamer than Guenon and Evola
Not quite, he's really scary at times.

>people recommending church shit

Fuck off. Read Mistral's poems.