Never posted before because I hate food people

Never posted before because I hate food people.
I like you all because you like food,not words.
Toothsome,mouth feel,ummami....
I just want to know why can't I buy that nectar of the fat sweaty greek gods known as tzatziki at any grocery store I've been to.
Tried looking up recipes,but I get to many LAST WEEK WE TOLD YOU HOW TO CHOP AN AVACADO.
I just want to dip my veggies in gyro sauce,no politics.
Help please.
tl;dr
I like teh sauce what come with gyro,I can no buy. Halp me get the sauce,please.

>1 European cucumber or 3 Persian cucumbers, finely chopped or grated
>Salt
>2 cups drained yogurt
>2 to 3 garlic cloves, cut in half, green shoots removed, and mashed to a paste in a mortar and pestle with 1/4 teaspoon salt
(or just mince the fuckers)
>2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint (more to taste)
>Freshly ground pepper
>2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (optional[not really])

Preparation

>Toss the cucumber with a generous amount of salt and leave in a colander in the sink to wilt for 15 to 30 minutes. Rinse and drain on paper towels.
>Beat together the yogurt, garlic, mint, salt and pepper to taste, and olive oil. Stir in the cucumbers. Adjust seasonings and serve.

>gyro sauce,no politics
Hard to buy conflict-free, fair trade tzatsiki sauce in store.

if thats what i gotta do,thats what i gotta do

Just make your own. Garlic, yogurt, mint, a little lemon for acidity. Not much more than that.

Seriously 2 minutes of preparation.

With all that extra time you could learn to not type like a tryhard.

Faggot ass Meme lovin ass nigga

You need the salted cucumber with the juice squeezed out of it.

i'm not sure, but i think you can buy that shit by the jar from local greek eateries around my area.
do you not have any greek joints around you?

just make it:
>sour creme
>diced cucumbers
>sprinkle dill

i like the mouthfeel of cum

Does tatziki always have cucumber? I thought yogurt cucumber dip was its own thing.

At any rate, dehydrating cucumber with salt takes a bit more forethought. But still, no more difficult than dicing up some cuke and throwing it in some salt.

The sauce is called tzatziki for future reference. Don't ask me how to pronounce it.

>Does tatziki always have cucumber?
Yes.

ive always heard it pronounced "ta ZEE kee" sauce, even from the scumbag fucking homo greeks

>sour cream

Ya dun goofed

The t's have a slight d sound in front of them.

Nigga mint is the worst

Everyone has already posted the basics of how to make it, so, I just thought I'd throw in that if you have a Trader Joe's nearby, they sell tzatziki. But honestly, it's so easy to make, you ought to just make it yourself.

Oh, and also this: once you've grated your cucumber, salt it and mix the salt in, and let it drain for 30 minutes. This will remove a lot of water, so your tzatziki won't be overly runny. Squeeze the cucumber out before adding to the other ingredients.

They sell it at Food Lion. I was skeptical of buying it from a grocery store but this is identical to the authetic stuff.

Greek here. This guys has it right

After you've drained the salted cucumber, add a bit of vinegar and a teaspoon of sugar to it, then add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil to the minced or chopped or ground garlic and mix it up a bit and then merge the two (cucumber garlic) and chuck them in the yogurt, add olive oil, salt and pepper then give it a good mix and let it rest in the fridge for the garlic to really kick in. Also whoever said "2 cloves of garlic" is a poofta. You need between 2/3 to a whole of head of garlic for 1kg of yogurt

Don't listen to him.

>Grated cucumber
>Yogurt
>Garlic
>Pepper

Wow, that was so hard.

You're forgetting dill.

Also salt.

>You're forgetting dill.
>Also salt.

Guess it was hard,stupid.

I've been making it with half yoghurt half sour cream and its pretty good