>molloy doesn't have a problem
you run over someone's pet
you beat a rando
you still live with mom
your internal dialogue doesn't make sense
Can someone help me make sense of this?

Hey, what's wrong with living with mom?

Wasn't his mother dead?

Stupid questions like this baffle me so much, are people (supposedly) interested in literature really so small-minded that they don't understand why Beckett intentionally creates an incredibly eccentric character for both comic and tragic effect? Or do they not even understand that people can have psyches different from their own? Like, holy fucking shit, have you read anything else by Beckett? Have you ever even heard of Theater of the Absurd?

This is so stupid, I'm going to repost a recent pasta here but rework it just for you:

I notice this a lot on Veeky Forums lately: people asking the most inept questions about great books, as if there were some deeper meaning in parts that were supposed to be funny, interesting, emotionally resonant, add layers of realism to the story, etc.

Do you want some allegorical essay brilliantly pinpointing how each of these eccentricities related to Beckett's readings of Joyce, Dante, and Shakespeare?

Will that make the book any more enjoyable to you? If I rationally over dissect and analyze it, if that's the only way you can care about it, what every part of it means, then hasn't the book already failed for you?

It's this trite attitude on Veeky Forums that the only purpose of a book is to make trite high-school tier essays about it talking about the political significance, the psychological significance, the philosophical significance, etc., of what certain parts "mean", why did the author write this part, that betrays the complete ineptitude of people on Veeky Forums.

What was the significance of the fucking book, if you want to ask why the running over of the pet, why living with the mom, why those descriptions? Do you think this is an equation, with a reasonable part for everything? What if you took out the living with the mom, took out the running over the pet, took out the strange internal dialogue and every attempt to add something new or funny or sad or strange to the work? Then you wouldn't have a book, you wouldn't even have Beckett.

Did the book satisfy you? If not, then who cares? No explanation could satisfy you, the book has already failed.

It did satisfy me I just wanted to get a discussion going with funny pics and quips. I failed u

It's ok user. Just don't let it happen again.

Don't touch his senpai, look at this Weedy Jakee

It doesn't make any sense unless you suck on a stone while reading it.

niggers

I did 4 captchas just to Kek

I don't know what's worse, his stupid question or your forcefully intellectual tirade.

Please explain why the question is stupid user.

I thought the same and refrained from posting, but you didn't. Now your post is part of the group of posts the worst of which I feel compelled to, but cannot, point out.

Molloy is easily the funniest book I've ever read. Someone please rec more like it. I liked Watt as well. I also like Flann O'Brien, Thomas Bernhard & Laurence Sterne just to preempt some obvious recommendations.

>not sucking sixteen stones in equal proportion while reading sixteen copies of Molloy, switching to a new copy each time you finish a page

Get this

One of these posts must be worse than the others. Or could it be possible that two of them are worse than two others, or three of them and one better than all? No, one must be the worst.

Bump

Chronic gas.

did you steal this image from me?
terrible problem, I can attest

>Posts on /lit.
>Characters too small to read.
What's written on her.

He seemed to think so, but the woman whose dog he killed also seemed a lot like she could have been.

I pled the fih

Looks like Sanskrit.

S'all I got.

Let me tell you lads about my experiences with the peripatetic piss. I first tried it when I was 10 year old lad in the subways on Great Dover Street, near Tower Bridge Road. The smell of piss in those subways is so pungent and intoxicating, I couldn't help doing a little piss myself as I walked along.

" fg wr@vg argot ufumuiing frwh

Wtf lol