Expensive books

What's the most expensive book you bought and end up never reading?
me pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/books/2016/may/30/alice-in-wonderland-first-edition-christies-auction
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-39511786
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-36865074
birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/harry-potter-books-valuable-rarest-11792273
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

better sell before the new edition comes out and all mystique for it disappears. first edition collecting is a waste of time.

ask this question on /p/ . photography books regularly run past the $120 mark

Infinite Jest. I bought it years ago and always give up after a few pages. The style is just unbearable.

Fucking read the book or give it to someone who will. It's great. Also, I have a hardco) first edition GR, but I didn't buy it and I've read it twice in paperback, not sure if that counts.

The problem is i've been meaning to read it for ages and never came around to it .

Just dive in, it's worth it.

There's a book of essays that I needed for my undergraduate dissertation that I couldn't find available anyway, so I bought it. It was £45. It's 200 pages, at best and in the end I think I ended up reading 3 of the essays.

>first edition collecting is a waste of time.

>anyway
anywhere*

>pointless
Not if it's going to increase on value with time. I have books worth three times as much as I paid for them.

I can list a picture of my arse on ebay for 5000000 if i want, doesnt mean anyone is willing to pay it.

Copy of War and Peace is sitting on my shelf and it was like 6 dollars hardcover from a used bookstore.

I own a lot of nice hardcovers and never pay more than like, 5 dollars for most of them. Sometimes 10. Why do people not just go to used bookstores? Even the most expensive ones I've been to have quality hardcovers in great condition for 15 dollars or less.

how much did you pay?

God fucking dammit! I have that copy of the Hobbit but disposed of the dust jacket because it had a little tear. Every time I see how much it's worth I get incredibly angry.

Okay so?
theguardian.com/books/2016/may/30/alice-in-wonderland-first-edition-christies-auction
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-39511786
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-36865074
birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/harry-potter-books-valuable-rarest-11792273

Those links reaffirm the bullshit status of the hobbit sleeve posted

the point i was making is dont trust ebay to gauge value, anyone can list anything at any price.

The Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra.

$200 for Christ's sake

The point you seem to have missed entirely is that, regardless of whether they sell for 55k or just 30k they're still worth having.

I have a dedicated home library but have b&N classics in living room for decoration. Shitty I know but they look gorgeous for the price

$500

Spent $175 on this.

w&m is honestly worth the $150, i've been reading it on and off for about 8 months now. It's fucking massive.

I paid 80 euros for this baby. I will read it soon, though. Loved the first two.

Forgot pic

oof

I bought an eReader, and now I just pirate all my books. I mainly read classics, so it's not like I'm even screwing the content creator when I pirate their book. Also it's very light, which makes it easier to read in bed.

Is that a lunch box?