Why can't Veeky Forums appreciate blue cheese?

Why can't Veeky Forums appreciate blue cheese?

pic related, a pretty damn good cheese.

my problem with blue cheese is that i can't eat very much of it at once. one morsel on a cheese plate is awesome, but I can't cut myself a big 'ol slice and get through it all, it's so rich and intense. so it's not a cheese that i ever buy to bring home.

because mold is bad for you

Because it tastes like rape

Cheese from Europe is gross tasting and unsanitary. Enjoy your ass cancer you try hard faggot

the pic is one that's made in Oregon, also how is it unsanitary if specifically the bacteria you want to grow on it grow on it. It's like fermentation, but with penicillium and stuff and no yeast.

palatelet

>mold is bad for you
Bread is made with yeast, does that mean bread is bad for you?

It kinda should be like that though. Like very good chocolate, you shouldn't need more than a few bites.

I suppose, I like to eat it at the end of breakfast to leave the intense cheese taste in my mouth.

Are you kidding? Blue cheese is my favorite. I ALWAYS have Stilton in my fridge, plus usually one or two others. Pt. Reyes, Gorgonzola, Blacksticks Blue, etc.etc, there's so fucking many. Blue cheese is best cheese. Have you tried the sliceable blue cheese that you can put on burgers, grilled cheese, etc? Or, and this would be perfect for a holiday party, get a whole Stilton and do the port-soaking thing, it's delicious. Not sonething you'd do all the time, but a nice treat.

I love Pt. Reyes.

Too bad it's so calorically dense. I have sworn it off. Otherwise the pounds will just accumulate.

I think your cheese is rotten my bro

I wish normal cheese that I left in the fridge too long would become blue cheese instead of growing generic green mold

I love it, I wish I had some to eat with my wings.

You're not supposed to eat it like that

It’s fermented by penicillin, an antibiotic that kills mold and bacteria.

>eating old cheese
haha pleb bet you drink expired milk too faggot

Are you talking about the salad dressing? Get out!

Also, yeast isn't mold.

Do people avoid you at work?

I like blue cheese.
I had some cambozola earlier.

Stinky thread

>I don't like good wine because I end up drunk if I drink too much

I live in the next town over from where Stilton was invented

I like it on a salad or a burger. I don't know if I'd be able to have a slice or two of it on its own.

Blue cheese is like fucking crack to me.

tastes like mold desu

cambozola is nasty. brie should stay brie, blue should stay semi-soft.

Cambazola is god tier you heathen.

I only eat blue cheese at christmas.
look forward to it every year.

I'd lose my appreciation of it if I ate it all the time.

it tastes like a fusty room.

I like it but decent ones are expensive as fuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark

Is it only Veeky Forums or burgers generaly don't like blue cheese? I think it's one of tme most amazing taste experiences.

brillat-savarin is god tier. why you would want to cover up the subtle vomit flavor of brie, i can't fathom.

your an moran

Yep, pretty much this. Blue cheese is seriously good but the flavor's so strong that it gets overwhelming pretty quickly. I went to a restaurant once and got a burger with blue cheese on it and I only got like three bites in, after that the cheese just overpowered everything.

I love strong cheeses like that. I remember when I was waiting tables at Olive Garden I used to bring home and eat entire blocks of that romano they grate over people's soups and shit. Only thing I miss about that job.

blue cheese is so good

I which I could murder all of the faggots that dont like it

bleu cheese tastes how crayons smell

>From Oregon
Rogue creamery?

I have never liked any form of cheese, the only exception being Mozzarella on pizza when I can barely taste the mozzarella. I don't like dairy in general actually

wow that's actually pretty accurate

I'm learning to love it on other things but I don't think anything will beat the taste of a hearty stink bleu cheese dipped in hot sauce, i just love the contrast so much. spicy, vinnegary, salty to the creamy savory of the cheese. unf pls.

I love blue cheese! Gorgonzola, Blue Stilton, Castello, all great! But I also like cheddar, British being the best. Also gouda, Old Amsterdam being the obvious king.

How easy is it for Americans to get Stilton?

Super easy, depending on where you live, of course. I can even buy whole Stilton at my neighborhood grocery store. I have to ask in advance, but they'll get me a whole one in no more than three days. But all the groceries here carry it.

cheese thread?
I always thought I was really into cheese, but then I tried some more kinds and most of them seemed off or just tasted like feet
what are good cheeses for a cheddar/mozzarella/parmesan pleb looking to expand their palette?

I've never liked any blue cheese. I'm pretty disappointed that I've never been able to develop a taste for it. Ever since I was a child, most blue cheeses have always tasted like vomit to me. Cheese is great and I feel like I'm missing out on a huge subset of it. Anybody else think it tastes like vomit, or is my palate retarded?

blue cheese never caught on that hard in the US, although the last decade or so we've been seeing blue cheese dip, blue cheese chips, blue cheese burgers, etc. who knows if it'll last or get any bigger

Is gorgonzola considered a blue cheese? If there's a blue cheese/gorgonzola boundary, I don't understand it.

Gorgonzola is a type of blue cheese. As with all types of cheeses, there is a lot of diversity of flavor within the subset of blue cheese. Gorgonzola is one of the few blue cheeses I can tolerate. There are probably others I could tolerate but I'm yet to find them.

Try some basque sheep cheeses. Not as funky as goat milk but a bit different than what you're used to.

lmaoing @ the tasteless amerisharts

I try it everytime I get it but I just can't get to like it. I will forcibly try foods that I normally hate and see if I will change my mind about them, but I just can't do blue cheese or watermelon.

Your about to find out how true that is

God fucking damn it. Forgot creepy cheese face

I like it. But every single time the nose reminds me of a cow shed.

i love bleu cheese on my burglar. especially with bacon and grilled onions and grilled jalapeñoes

No.

> Rogue creamery?
Yeah, it's Rogue River Blue. I thought the price was just a meme but last time I tried it it was one of the most intense Roqueforts I had ever had.

You niggers ever tried Grand Noir from Germany? Fucking god tier.

Blue

Patrician choice my dude. If you get a chance visit their place I'm central point.

>brie
It's Camembert. Also, Brillat-Savarin is a Brie, numbnuts.

shaddup, you faggot

>french name
>german cheese
Shouldn't it be "Grossenigger" or something

>Grossenigger
forty laughters

melanin levels are off the charts here

If you were actually trying to make a correct name instead of just being a bigot, it would be Grosse Schwartz.

Stop using silly affectations with no reason then

If anything it would be "Großer Schwarzer", cheese is male.

t. German

I'm the whitest dude on the planet my guy

Why would I eat a cheese with antibiotics embedded into it?