University

What does Veeky Forums study?
me mathematics

Other urls found in this thread:

math.stackexchange.com/questions/298912/real-world-applications-of-category-theory
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I dropped out years ago and never returned. I studied anthropology.

Philosophy with a minor in maths.

OP is not a faggot. Math is the real alpha male degree.

boobs

Will end up studying either computer science or a joint degree of maths and French when I get my results

Math too.
>lit is all math majors
No wonder the inarticulate autism

History. Bored of it, considering switching to Spanish. I live in Spain.

law

Is this why Nick Land is so popular on this board?

Has pensado en hacer una doble filología, idiomas modernos o traducción? La carrera de filología hispánica es un auténtico meme, sobre todo si quieres quedarte en España

english with a focus in creative writing + molecular bio double major

did Computer Science and English. both were compromises since I would have prefered something like film or theater but at least I got to take shakespeare and drama classes kinda sorta.

inb4 this thread turns into wanking over how expensive and well ranked your pieces of paper were

Economcs + Philosophy double major. I've only met two other people with this combo. I graduated four years ago and now I'm a WageCuck™.

Physical therapy and Medicine. I just do postgraduate studies now, paid by the United States goverment.

Math. I dropped college at some point. Then got a philosophy degree. Now I'm 25 and back to math, but taking basic courses (I only took topology this semester)

Chemical Engineering.
Gonan take a break next semester and go explore.
I am scared I will become like many others who never return but I can't take this inusfferable climate anymore.

Tengo en mi ciudad el grado de Lenguas Modernas y sus Literaturas, pero se me antoja más superficial y aún más inútil laboralmente que el de Español (que también incluye un minor en alemán, italiano, francés, portugués o -kek- asturiano), la verdad. Igual me equivoco. El resto de carreras que comentas están fuera y soy pobre.
No me importaría mucho marcharme al extranjero, creo. Tampoco me importaría resignarme a vivir más bien miserablemente aquí pa los restos. El rollo es que me he dado cuenta a mis 20 (casi 21) años de que lo único que me gusta es escribir y leer, de que la historia solo me interesa esporádicamente y de ningún modo para dedicarme a ella, de que con el poco interés que tengo en la carrera de Historia me va a ser imposible usarla para defenderme de un mercado laboral que no nos necesita ni para tomar por culo, de que el esfuerzo inútil produce melancolía y de que, ya que con título estoy mejor que sin él, quizás sea mejor acogerme a uno que me deje tiempo y paz mental para leer y escribir a mi aire y que guarde una relación más armónica con mis inclinaciones o capacidades, que ya no sé si el problema está en unas o en otras.
Tú estudiaste alguna de las carreras que me dices? A qué te refieres con que la filología hispánica es un meme?

computer science

Y perdón por el rollazo, dormí poco

no this is why Pynchon is so popular on this board

English, with TeFL certification and an Arabic Minor. I'm hoping to teach abroad cuz i'm a fag who likes the sound of travel and it pays the highest in the middle east - there's a good amount of benefits to the work and other small perks like no income tax. Getting to see firsthand the metric fuckton of dumb money in Abu Dhabi would be cool.

I just want to save up some money, get some teaching experience / focus on reading and writing and then come back and maybe go to law school or just post grad at a better university than I'm going to now.

I'll be studying math, physics, chemistry and computer science next year (french classes préparatoires aux grandes écoles, une MPSI)

University is for brainlets

Medicine...please help me.

Mechanical engineering

>all these mathematics brainlets

holy lel.

Which were the last 5 books you read and when did you read them?

Can you do me a favour and when you're a doctor don't assume you have the #1 Hottest Medical Opinion ever on shit?

I swear every doctor I encounter is just a fucking pharmacist who hasn't read anything in 20 years. The amount of times I've been told, with absolute confidence, to do some horrible shit that would have fucked me up and that three other doctors later contradict is staggering. Every doctor thinks "I am doctor, therefore everything I say is Doctor Things!"

Category theory you stupid mechanical dildocuckotron 4.0

Psychology/Philosophy dual bachelor's with grad school in Psychology planned. Tell me how naive I am because I switched out of comsci for this.

Economics

Political Science

>look ma i can do a basic integration!

American history, I wish I didn't have a concentration, but picked a minor instead. But, I have semester left, and I'm not going to make a change now

Doctors are slaves to the pharmaceutical companies and are only taught to diagnose the most common illnesses. They're all retards. Teach yourself organic chemistry, anatomy, and some microbiology and never bother going to a doctor again unless it is for surgery.

The Iliad
Jeremiah
Moby Dick
Phaedo
Watership Down

all within the last 6 months

Mathematics and a minor in cs

I study math

Applied Principles in Puss

against tha fukin day READ IT

Library and information science

Geomatics

I have a minor in math and it's all autistic proof wanking and theory past differentials and linear. Do something practical you worthless cuck.

I'm thinking about going for that after my bachelor. Are you glad you made the decision? I've read that LIS could be used in business, or government jobs too, have you seen that to be accurate?

biomedical engineering

google it for motheraping christ's sake
math.stackexchange.com/questions/298912/real-world-applications-of-category-theory

no thanks, I don't have autism

I'm not in the US, and both public and research libraries are having a bad time finance wise here. So both private sector and public administrator jobs are very common among LIS grads here.

Librarianship is a dead profession, but it is not dying off at the same pace everywhere. So it could be a good choice for you. Depends on the school.

He's a mechanical engineer, he's incapable of learning outside of his discipline.

Animal Science with a minor in Endocrinology

Nothing to be proud of desu

Also math.

what's your university?

>those books
>all within the last 6 months
LOL

So much STEM. I guess the people in liberal art colleges don't need to go to anonymous image baords to find others to talk about literature with.

Everyone is pretty much the same here....

That's okay, I was just answering a question. What was the point of your post, lad?

Music

Hahaha do it faggot

English and Finance. After that: grad school for literature--academia.

I study English.

Is anyone else here planning to teach? I'm wondering if it's a bad idea. I'm not pursuing an education degree, but my career goal is certainly academia.

I'm doing a Genetics PhD at Duke. My experience is mostly bench research but I'm trying to get more into math side of things. Can you recommend some good algorithm books OP?

Philosophy and Film

Great subjects. Zero prospects.

Land doesn't know shit about maths.

This is a board about literature, not about comparing cocks and degrees. I know that you were only replying to just another literature unrelated thread, and that your smugness wasn't really a thing, but you will understand how sterile it is for this board to discuss on which science degree is the most demanding or difficult instead of comparing cocks with the books you've readen and shit.

this is actually a thread about college and university courses

Fucking medicine

How is it? Is it worth it? I study medicine and I want to pursue that instead of choosing a normie-tier specialty. Pls respond.

I originally intended to be a pre-med bio major but I had a rough time so I switched to computer science.

M.Sc. Civil Engineering
It's ok.

>majoring in music
Why would you do this to yourself?

What instruments do you play?

Because hurrdurr I'm stupid lol, such a fucking idiot haha I should fucking kill myself kek, absolute waste of human space lmao no job ever omfg I can't breath because I'm laughing xDDD
Piano, focus on composition

In a board about literature, u digg?
Damn, engineers reading comprehension

Philosophy and History

>Because hurrdurr I'm stupid lol, such a fucking idiot haha I should fucking kill myself kek, absolute waste of human space lmao no job ever omfg I can't breath because I'm laughing xDDD
At least you're aware of it.

If you do it with pre-med and/or a real intention of going to graduate school, it's not a bad choice. The curriculum is so broad and the focus (medicine) so narrow that it's nearly useless if you want to get an actual engineering job, even at medical device companies. Just do mechanical/electrical if that's the case.

Arguably one of the best majors for aspiring doctors; probably the worst for anyone who wants to become an engineer.

I'd argue it's a bad choice for pre-med just because it's very difficult to get through ANY engineering discipline with a solid GPA. Med schools will be looking at raw GPA and comparing you with meme majors like biology and biochemistry, so you will be at a disadvantage.

you study a fun word game?

Law as well. My undergrad was in Public Relations, minored in Sociology.

What area of law to you hope to practice in?

do "biomedical engineering", it lets u claim to have majored in engineering but anyone who's flipped through a course catalog from a tech school while taking a shit knows it's weak as fuck barely requires any math and is mostly electives

Lol maths isn't a word yet here are people claims to be math majors that use it

English

PhD Economics/Public Policy. I mostly work with regional authorities to try and figure out how to get their regions out of economic decline.

Yeah whatever Wittgenstein not everyone has the privilege of being born into wealth fuck you

>He doesn't know that everything is JUST a word game

fine arts

>all these practical stem and business majors
I was expecting a bunch of "creative writing" and "education" but am pleasantly surprised

I'm a dual history and English major.
>tfw I was called a polisci major yesterday for my last five books

>300k
>any job

You gotta fund your own publishing house nowadays

Linguistics in undergrad, about to start a master's in Computational Linguistics.

r8 me?

get over yourself

English and Linguistics.

Meh. Thinking I could've swapped linguistics with classics but oh well

Por que es que los españoles hablan tan gracioso?

well, i hope to find something that will make me happy to work with.
i'd think to do another course, directed to linguistics, literature or history of art.

but of course, if nothing of it works, i think i'd be divided between labour, administrative or constitutional law.

what about you?

Ah? Si el posteo de user podría pasar por el de cualquier hispanohablante.

¿Te ves más de Academia? ¿Qué lees y qué escribes? ¿No hay forma de trabajar en algo a la par que te dedicas a lo que te gusta, o quizá algún estudio técnico por el estilo?

I encourage you to stick with Linguistics. Classics is great but with your Lit skills you can basically just give yourself a Classics education after you graduate. Whereas Ling benefits more from a classroom environment, and learning the underpinnings of language will heighten your enjoy of the literature you read.

Then blame the OP, not respectful Mechanon.

>went for engineering
>dropped out
>tried history
>dropped out again
>tfw
who else here /nofuture/?

how could u drop out from history? u just read books and write papers about the shit you read, it's fucking simple

y the fk do u write liek this u fukn fggot

i speak in abbreviations because real life conversation moves too slow