Is Haggis really that disgusting?

Is Haggis really that disgusting?

It's basically a hearty sausage.

Yes, imagine all of the terrible organ meat you have ever had, combine it and that is
>faggis

No, it's actually very nice.

Only if you don't serve it with neeps and tatties. Anyhow, if you're making it - it's surprisingly smooth both in flavor and in consistency. It feels kinda disgusting but honestly sausages are just as bad.

so you mean

it's one of those things that everyone thinks is disgusting until they try it. i don't know a single person who has tried it and said it was anything less than tasty. it's peppery and rich and mild, and goes really well with neeps.

I love it, we used to have a special Burns supper school lunch on Robbie Burns Day. It's just haggis, neeps, and tatties. Tasty stuff.

It looks gross.

>neeps, and tatties
can you use real words instead of toddler babble?

No its delicious.

How dare you reply to me

'tater tots'
'panties'
'fanny pack'
you're all fucking infants

Its mashed swede and potato.

Yes

I've tried it and wasn't particularly fond of it, if that counts.

I was in Scotland last summer and one of my first meals of was a Scottish breakfast.
>never had black pudding
>never had haggis

That shit is fucking delicious. I wish I could find a tube of black pudding at my grocer because I'd eat that up every day.

no you haven't

It's the technical term for the full dish - haggis, mashed turnip (neeps) and mashed potatoes (tatties).

Yes, haggis is really that disgusting.

All Scottish cuisine was made on a dare

Haggish tastes like Liver IMO. people think it's disgusting because it's cooked in a belly, which is weird when you consider that real sausages are made from intestines.

I enjoyed it but I had it in a nice pub in Edinburgh so maybe it wasn't authentic, tasted good and not as organy as I expected

Why is is that when black pudding is praised by Americans, it's for being Scottish?

Half-Scotsman here,

Haggis is amazing and has variations between who made it which makes it great. I personally like a haggis that is very peppery and almost creamy in texture.

If I ever some left over I reheat it and make a haggis sandwich which is tasty with (sacrilege) a bit of ketchup.

Lorne sausage is a good Scottish food too, It's a square-ish sausage and is similar to scrapple I guess? It is most likely what the rectangular item in is.

Scottish black pudding is world renowned for being top tier. Stornoway black pudding has Protected Geographical Indicator of Origin status, like with cheeses, meats, wines etc.

Haggis is great desu

okkkaaay so those are neeps and tatties. looks pretty tasty 2bh

Because admitting it's English would trigger their "heritage"

It was probably just macsweens

I used to work at a shooting estate up between Inverness and aviemore as a grouse beater. We had a freezer full of fucking enormous venison haggis and had to eat it like three times a week. Never felt better in my life coming home from a season on that diet, but fuck me was I sick of haggis.

God dammit

haggis is actually really tasty- it's pretty much just a very peppery sausage. particularly good in a nice pie

But is it better than Balut?

>tfw Lorne Sausage is not sold south of the wall

Sadness covers me like a blanket. Wrap me up, let me die

The first recorded recipe for haggis comes from England too, haggis is an Old English word.

Because muh heritage americans look at everything related to Scotland and Ireland through rose-tinted glasses.

It's delicious. Organs are the tastiest part of animals.

Neeps are fucking vile

>broke wrong
You're supposed to remove the narrow part so you can suck down the fluid, preferably after pouring salt or some sauce down it. Then you roll and peel like a normal egg.

You’re not supposed to do anything you prescriptive cunt.

its delicious.....and I hate scottish people and their commodified, tinsel, tourist culture(speaking as a scot)

>Not my Burger King
Isn't there some shit board for you to fuck-off to?

Yeah it is.