...I don't get it

...I don't get it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nouveau_roman
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's in hiatus.

people fall in between the cracks of modern bureaucracies which, striving for efficiency, fail to see them as people

this can produce absurd situations.

lesson: the customer is always right!

K is a pathetic man. His existence is on trial.

kafka's writing is not about anything, it is the thing itself.

>Kafka was trying to do anything similar to what Joyce was trying to do
stop watching anime family

no one does, until it's too late

the slapstick-elements are pretty cool

who are you quoting? i think beckett puts it best for many artists. there is no need outside the realm of academia to ascribe vapid allegory and political meanings to works of transcendent and emotional beauty. kafka didn't mean anything more with the trial than the words he put to the page. western education has corrupted to a point of seeing all arts besides music as somehow puzzleboxes to be deciphered. literature not to be read, but to be read about.

i'd even say beckett's assessment works better with kafka than joyce.

reread it as a comedy
i like the breakfast

you didn't understand the essay you collapsed-skull retard

>doesn't know Kafka, doesn't know Cunt.

There are two major interpretive keys to Kafka. The first one is the Kabbalah, the other one is communication theory and intended contradictoriness, for example:
>Ein Vogel ging einen Käfig suchen.
A bird went to search a cage.
>A bird
connotes freedom
>went
contradictory: birds don't "go", they fly
>to search a cage
>cage
connotes bondage which is contradictory to the earlier connoted freedom

Kafka is said to have had a lot of fun reading his texts. He's a troll, a fun one, and a very sophisticated one. Nothing more, nothing less.

I thought the ending was pretty funny, but then it made me sad. Still funny, though.

Professor I had gave a really interesting interpretation on this being a metaphor for how procrastination and immobilizing fear can really fuck a niggas life up

Just read The Firm by John Grisham it's basically the same thing.

daddy issues

did u just read the same david foster wallace essay i did yesterday

This, Kafka is less about the message and more about the experience. How it makes you feel.
Don't listen to this moron. Pseudo intellectual obfuscation and Jewry has nothing to do with anything.

this.

Walter Benjamiin also commented on the Slap-Stick Art of Kafka

In follow on to most points, it is a slapstick comedy, which comes from the subversion of power. It is meant to make us feel bewildered along with the main character because the bureaucratic systems at large are confusing to most people, or at least in this case Kafka felt this way.

Why do people act like Kafka was some great original storywriter when his style is so similar to Dostoevsky. The Double is pretty much a Kafka story half a century before Kafka.

How often do people praise him for his originality?

The Double is a rip off of Gogol.

Well the term Kafkaesque implies he is the originator or founder of thr style, does it not? I want to clarify I like Kafka, however after reading some Dostoevsky I can see why he regarded him so highly. It is perhaps the case that most author's did not create their style, but they owned it.

Try recreating Dostoyevskys style with such precision and not fucking up, it's not secret that he was influenced by him, but that doesn't mean it's not good.
Also OP read about en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nouveau_roman
Before trying to understand that kind of literature.

>implying Kafka isn't to Dostoevsky as Lovecraft is to Poe

Kafkaesque just means surreal twists at the end of his stories

>Doesn't know one of the oldest and most common interpretive approaches to Kafka.
>calls other people "morons"

perhaps another day in the machine will help you to understand