I signed up for a 24 hour writing competition for my city's art festival to make a couple thousand word fiction piece

I signed up for a 24 hour writing competition for my city's art festival to make a couple thousand word fiction piece.

And this is the image they want us to use as the theme. How fucked am I?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discourse_on_the_Arts_and_Sciences
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hahahhahaha make it satiric or apolitical

Write about building a bridge from your city to Nigeria and about how everyone should go there since Nigeria is not diverse enough.

>With a self-satisfied smile, Elliot, sat perched on the roof with his M60 machine gun, remembered Isla Vista. Surveying the teeming hordes below he spotted a young female in a puffy pink jacket he would have one point called "cute" screaming something at the top of her lungs while waving an ugly sign the text of which he couldn't make out without his scope. As the snow collected on her delicate shoulders, Elliot imagined the beautiful Rorschach pattern her brains would make on the frosted lawn of the imposing State Supreme Court building. Then he breathed in slowly, clearing his mind, and prepared to show the world his true worth.

You guys are the best. Thanks for understanding my pain.

whats 24 hours got to do with anything? You have 24 hours to write it...?

Make it about why chubby chicks shouldn't wear bright pink.

Make it about terrorists who set up a phony political rally in order to get a bunch of idiots into one place so they can blow them the fuck up.

Use the image in your story.

Sinoposis: a guy sees an image of an anti-Trump rally, and decides to post it in an online forum. Some random user says 'Haha, I know that girl' and people start to stalk her, eventually discovering she's an Antifa member who participated in a violent protest. They find out her address. They arrange that someone is going to place some nasty pics in her mailbox. The guy is willing to do it, and goes to her house. He looks throught the window and sees a Mexican family. Weird: he thought the girl was white. She enters the room and, indeed, she is. They call her ''daughter''. Did they adopt a white girl in order to give her a family? Looks like they did. Not only that, but a ~4yo kid appears on the scene, and she asks them to change the television channel. They change and, in the new channel, there's a cartoon which happened to be the same one which the guy loved to watch as he was a kid. He remembers his father wouldn't let him watch it. He used to say it was for girls. He said his son should be tough. He said his son shouldn't cry out of watching cartoons. And then, the guy starts crying, forgets his plan of puting the nasty pics in the mailbox and goes back home. He sees the computer had been left on, with the same website opened. He reads the forum: people are willing to see if 'OP will deliver'. He is tired from the long walk. He closes the computer and goes to sleep.

There it is, OP. Now write it.

(Yes, of course the story is an anti-Trump one. You want to win the prize, right?)

make it over the top, those fags can't see irony through their agenda

you get the prize and save face

>the future belongs to crowds

do something about how the image of the crowd has infiltrated the mind of the common individual and contrast it against that of the lone terrorist. Main protagonist is a conflicted media employee of some sort who can see through the bullshit of his job and is approached by a shadowy terrorist organization to do some task that the employee sees as a statement against hivemind politics yet, of course, is buttressed by the "immorality" of the terrorist group. The conflict is the push and pull between identifying with the terrorist organization in the name of taking down the system and the safety of the citizens. Questions to consider: is the safety of the random citizen more or less important than their individual freedoms? A collection of citizens?

Make it a short horror story with a mix of political satire, a dystopian world where democracy has been overthrown by a tyrannical media collective using mob rule to usurp the republic's government and oppress dissenting citizens.

this is a novel that deserves a few hundred pages, not 24 hours. you should write it senpai.

Rousseau fucking won a writing contest exactly by refuting the central theme. You can do it too. Don't disappoint us.

Better: he could then describe it as the perfect world, showing how there are effectively no wars, no hunger, no poverty, etc.
Those buffoons will still see some mystical implication that this is somehow "wrong" and will still accept it.

>Rousseau fucking won a writing contest exactly by refuting the central theme
details please

Build roads.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discourse_on_the_Arts_and_Sciences

He's still right.

I need to write about a phone that rings, unknown to who it belongs, and unknown as to who is ringing. Anyone?

why are phones so obsessed with rings it's practically all the talk about

Write a fan fiction about the Great Wall, that movie with Matt Damon

OP, see this girl in the corner? Watch the film Amélie and just rip off what the crippled painted dude says about the girl with the glass of water.