Thoughts?

Thoughts?

>(((Friedman)))

dude, please.

Yeah I know. I'm just curious if anyone here's read it, the Amazon reviews seem a bit suspect

sometimes you really can judge a book by its cover

What's wrong with Friedman

He's a foreign citizen running an Israeli spook operation and influencing the government in a nation he doesn't belong to.

Next Decade and Flashpoints are better. Next Decade is basically obsolete now though

Peter Zeihan, who left Stratfor, books are really good. Accidental Superpower and Absent Superpower. Will make you proud to be an American (if you are one).

In a scale of 1 to 10 how Jewish are you?

6?
>A lot of jewish friends, including my second-best friend
>my best friend isn't jewish but super pro-israel
>Multiple people think I look jewish
>Last name is very close to (((Levin)))
But
>Both parents are christian ministers
>uncut
>Love bacon-covered shrimp

>Both parents are christian ministers
Fucking cryptos.

>uncut
DROPPED

>New York Times bestseller

Dropped. And that's before looking as the asinine claims on the cover, such as Poland becoming a world power.

>turkey
Middle eastern country with a huge uneducated ultra-conservative pleb population that boosts economic output by deficit spending on construction products and graft that also happens to have a huge well armed multinational minority that is dead set on autonomy
>Poland
Its Poland
>Japan
Country in financial and demographic freefall with lots of really poisonous cultural trends
>the new great powers

DROPPED

>2020
>china fragments
>implying it's not already fragmented as fuck but that fragmentation being irrelevant and fading for now
Not changing in 2.5yrs.

it's a demonstration of friedman's geopolitical forecasting based on history, culture, international politics, and economics. hardly anybody makes serious geopolitics predictions stretching into the next 100 years, but this is a book written as a "what if you tried". the author admits this and is satisfied if he was partially right in some way.

>american hegemony
>lots of power balancing
>china falls into political turmoil and attempts to close itself off again
>japanese takes advantage and increases military spending, creating a security competition
>turkey breaks off ties with the US and turns hostile
>russia deteriorates, leaving poland to fill in the vacuum and creating worry for germany
>space ship battles, hypersonic jet fights, power armor, and solar powered laser recharging battery packs.
>mexico challenging the US for domination of the western hemisphere

wat about the 2070 paradigm shift

>ww3 starts between Poland and Turkey
Hmmmm

>Poland - the new great power

Well...haha yea I'm a Pole myself and I assure you that's not gonna happen.

Your assurance was not needed.

>Poland
It will never not be funny to me. Poland is an outlet for German production right now and will remain so for the foreseeable future, provided the EU doesn't keel over.

>China fragments

So what? It becomes more than one country?

>foreseeable future
The events take place decades past what could reasonably be called the foreseeable future and presumably comes from the US bolstering it's East European NATO alliance to contain Russia, eventually placing them in a stronger position relative to the weakening powers around them.

Can I have some bullet points of how shit goes down in this book? Can't seem to find anything comprehensive on the web.

China is far more stable than the US, but Friedman knows his customer.

China fragments in 3 years? He put THAT on the cover?

kek