>most important work of literature
>favorite work of literature
>favorite author/writer
>other friendos rate

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IphAYRgvfaQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>The King James Version of The Bible
>Dubliners, Notes fU or The Metamorphosis (hard to pick one desu)
>Joyce

most important
>bible nigga
favorite
>lotr
author
>nietzsche

>Don Quixote
>The Castle
>Calvino

>spot the anglo

oh man. This right here is a psuede HARD at work shitting up the place. I'll rate meme/10

>Joseph Andrews
>The Great Gatsby
>Vonnegut

>KJV Bible
>Cat's Cradle
>Vonnegut

A
C+ (but I definitely haven't read any Nietzsche)
B-
B

More like

>spot the guy who reads light works from meme authors for meme cred

but isn't Dubliners nearly as great as Ulysses?

Not that user but Portrait is far better.

Still pales in comparison though.

Portrait is better than what? Pales compared to what?

>Portrait is better than what?
Dubliners.
>Pales compared to what?
Ulysses.

The post wasn't that hard to discern.

I don't care about what is 'most important'. Just assume the Bible.
I favorite work of literature is the television series E7. It both does incredible things in multiple genres without resorting to being ridiculous or edgy, and actually broke philosophical ground. It's also just wonderful when de-intellectualized. It's something one can't help but me swung around by.
I like Goethe but can't read much German.

>spot the guy who reads light works from an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation for an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation cred

>favorite work of literature is the television series E7.

Your finely choreographed "gee shucks" humility is fucking nauseating. Your favourite work of literature is a TV show? Fuck off, cunt.

>most important personally? Ulysses. most objectively important to everyone else? Bible
>LotR
>Salinger, Joyce, Tolkien, Bradbury, Lovecraft

No I'm just drunk and slip a lot when I am. You fuck off you talentless cunt. Oh wow I'm so fucking humble for not caring about 'muh important literature 2 teh west' like a fucking vikang. Go read more Tolkien you cunt.

>Oh wow I'm so fucking humble for not caring about 'muh important literature 2 teh west' like a fucking vikang. Go read more Tolkien you cunt.
you can't make this shit up

>talentless

Projecting.

You're a cunt because you're the kind of overly precious fagtron to answer the simple question of favourite work of literature with a fucking TV show. Do you not hear how precious and fucking faggoty an answer like that is?

Typical overly affected nu-male "look at how sincere I am being right now" horseshit.

The question was regarding literature. Just answer with a work of literature you fucking cornball spaz.

No, you can't. Put away your axe you LARPing cunt.
I did answer, and then I diverged. Go read more Tolkien you snownigger.

>favorite author/writer
>Vonnegut
at least likes his best book

Desperately trying to convince myself that only the bottom 5% of Veeky Forums have responded to the thread so far.
>The Iliad
>Orlando by Virginia Woolf
>Thomas Mann

gonna have to disagree that Dubliners is much stronger than Portrait. Joyce's prose is top-notch there, second only to Ulysses.

>I did answer, and then I diverged.

Lmao you're such a faggot.

And why are you projecting Tolkien at me? How am I some confirmed Tolkien reader just because I am shitting on you for being an overly affected try hard? That doesn't even make sense.

If you answered that question with a TV show irl people would roll their eyes at you for being such a fucking faggot try hard and you know it.

>muh greeeeks im the top 1%
>haha i also like WYMYN IN PROGRESSIVE
>I ALSO LIKE GAY PEDOS IM SO PROGRESIVE HAHA MAKE LOVE WITH TEEN BOYS NOT WAR

It doesn't even matter what you read you cunt, I only named Tolkien because somebody claimed that LotR is their piece of literature just below you.
>caring what avocado-eating fans of HBO trash think
>caring what redditors (you) think
A LARPer and a Letzter Mensch, wow. holy.

>wahhh if you point out that I am acting like a faggot pseudo woke nu-male queef when I answer with TV shows to literature questions then you are from reddit

The fucking mental gymnastics on this one.

You're doing exactly that. Eat shit /b/tard. Vonnegut is awful

>You're doing exactly that.

Nope. I would never in my life answer with a TV show to a literature question like an absolute gay cunt.

Even the possibility of being that much of cornball is fundamentally out of the question.

yeah you would answer with le intellectual book like fucking LotR you shafter

The Iliad was pretty important, informing the decisions of many ancient Greeks, and they invented western civilization. It is very important and deserved a mention, especially since the bible was already posted multiple times.

I dislike progressives. I am not one. Orlando is a stellar book.

>wanting to fuck the teenage boy
>not be the teenage boy
Magic Mountain is pretty based as well. I am very glad I read Doctor Faustus, Felix Krull, A Man and His Dog and Tristan. Tonio Kroger is very good and features some of his best 'how to write/struggle of the artist' passages. Mario and the Magician suffers because of slow pace without great reward, but it's still worth reading. Mann is much more than just Death in Venice.

I've haven't even read Tolkien you assblasted middlebrow.

Go and play the "totally 2017 sincere" pseud somewhere else. You overly precious lil faggot.

yuck too many adjectives and important x2 in close proximity

I guess I should read over my posts before posting them

>western civilization is important

>middlebrow
You fucking embody middlebrow. Eat fishshit, snownigger.

>You fucking embody middlebrow.

Hahaha. I haven't even mentioned anything on that front yet you increasingly nervous projector.

Just stop giving queef answers to shit in life and this will stop happening to you.
>my favourite work of literature is a TV show, i am such a modern sincerity warrior holy shit how do i keep doing it

Yes.

hahahaha look im laughing at you that means im le smart
Go finish your fucking sociology homework you middlebrow cunt.
>projector
Psychology then
/b/tard

>Diary of a Wimpy Kid
>Divine comedy
>Tolkien

Is also god-tier

>confidently imploding

I am so glad that I started shitting on you btw.

Ever hear a sales jingle from the 60s that you'd rank alongside Shostakovich? Fucking faux sincere nu-male clown.

>Shostakovich
youtube.com/watch?v=IphAYRgvfaQ
And I'm the nu-male.
E7 is better than your favorite book, get over it you adolescent. b-b-b-b-but this cool book about victims n shieet and vikangs is so cool! shostakovichsdhgdsjhfok!

>takes that name as indicator of my entire taste

The desperation is palpable. You grasped for that straw so quickly, lol.

>E7 is better than your favorite book

It's really not, though. You're just a faggot nu-male and I think your overly contrived attempt at literary sincerity is a whole lot of nonsense.

>the Bible
>Moby Dick
>Herman Melville

>literary sincerity
What? The series has done a few novel things in literature to good effect and predates contemporary philosophy of environment. It specifically was a move away from a previous project series that absolutely was middle-brow garbage.
>it's really not
t. avocado-muncher.
Shostakovich is the embodiment of middle-brow firetrucktrash for adolescents. It's bad music.

you are talking about Eureka 7 right?

>to good effect

I like how you're slowly dialing down the praises that you've been singing about this TV show: it went from being absolutely better than any book I could've possibly ever read to simply doing certain things "to good effect".

Just stop soapboxing about your corny nu-male AV Club attitudes to literature.

>to good effect
1. it is good/valuable/interesting formally
2. it is good/valuable/interesting not considering what it does within form (genre)
Go read more smellycunt and pickone

1. u r
2. a gay cunt

1. u r
2. a vikang

>1. it is good/valuable/interesting formally

And this makes it greater than any philosophy/poetry/theology that I've ever read? Without even knowing what that may include you declare outright that it's better?

I know you're doubling down now because we've hit an exchange here and you feel pot committed, but I refuse to believe that you are this delusional in your nu-male attempts at conveying sincerity. I refuse to believe that you are completely blind to how absurd your statement is.

>reads books
>has terrible reading comprehension
Regular Veeky Forumsshit
Typical viKANG, obsessed with impartiality. Of course I'm biased towards a favorite. Put away your axe, Erik Erikson Johanson

what is it about Eureka 7 you like so much? Explain in detail

It's 3AM. Eat me.

>Of course I'm biased towards a favorite.

So now you're trying to subtly editorialize your prior outright declaration down to only personal bias? You're such a shifty little fucker. Always have to move those goalposts around, right? Did you think user wouldn't notice it if you chose to couch your posts in enough kooky krazy memespeak?

>Veeky Forums user
>can't say anything other than platitudes

amazing really

i googled it and its a japanese anime

are you serious

Shut up about anime, plebeian

Wait wait wait... this is a fucking anime? I've been having this whole back and forth with some faux sincere dork who loves his anime? L M A O.

>The Odyssey
>War and Peace
>Tolstoy

Woah, pleb.

yeah, I knew of it, that was why I wanted him to explain what he felt was so good about it lmao

Well, this thread went to shit fast.

Go back to /a/ faggots

>Most important work
Hesiod's Theogony
>Favourite work
Vergil's Aeneid
>Favourite Author
Dostoevsky

Decent/10

Good/10

>>most important work of literature
The Holy Bible