How can we solve the American obesity epidemic, to make America good again

How can we solve the American obesity epidemic, to make America good again

Other urls found in this thread:

hsph.harvard.edu/obesity-prevention-source/obesity-causes/genes-and-obesity/
cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/nutrition/pdf/r2p_energy_density.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Obesity is mostly genetic and it is not a problem at all, you have to understand that there is no real problem or "fatty epidemic", pictures like that are just cherrypicked and is hard to find people as fat as that in real life.

Wait a little bit and let them die, continue bullying the new stock, and teach your kids how to cook. I will say a lot of people around me have lost a fucking ton of weight this last year. Except this moon-shaped bitch who just walked in, god is she fat.

put poison in burger and sugar.

fat genocide

Bullshit. Obesity is mostly due to lifestyle, not genetics. You can have the shittiest genes around, but if you expend more calories than you take in, you'll lose weight.

Not true

hsph.harvard.edu/obesity-prevention-source/obesity-causes/genes-and-obesity/

>What’s increasingly clear from these early findings is that genetic factors identified so far make only a small contribution to obesity risk-and that our genes are not our destiny: Many people who carry these so-called “obesity genes” do not become overweight, and healthy lifestyles can counteract these genetic effects.

Let me guess, Harvard don't know shit huh?

Ending obamacare and the right for them to get health insurance. Raise the taxes for fast food.

What do you mean 'genetics'? Do you mean how fat parents who don't understand nutrition and fitness are incapable of teaching it to their children, and end up happily inviting them into a lifestyle of obesity because their idea of 'normal' is so corrupt that they create disgusting fat human beings in their own image?

Hey, hey, hey, now, my entire portfolio is based on following these poorfags from the getto to the grave. They eat fast food, ca ching, they get betties ca ching, they saw off a leg and need moths of rehab, ca ching, oversized coffin, you guessed it, ca ching.

I love the predictability of this country.

Stop replying to obvious b8

Increase education on the topic and the availability of healtheir foods. Foster a culture of self-improvement and learning, likely building off the extant American ideal of the “rugged individual”, in contrast to the more current culture of “good enough” and anti-education in America.

Hamplanet detected. Try putting the fork down every once in a while dumbass.

Make food more expensive. Junk food has been way too cheap in the US for too long.

Do you guys ever think that after a certain critical mass has been reached, that we just couldn't fix this country's obesity problem?

The rate of overweight Americans is already over 60% - assuming more and more of them jump on the HAES bandwagon or just refuse to get better, wouldn't it become politically unfeasible to try to correct it?

A true capitalist, God bless you.

I don't think it's possible to teach someone to care about their body if they don't care in the first place without some sort of brainwashing techniques.

Round them up into a Walmart Supercenter and then lock the doors, trapping them inside until they lose enough weight to resemble humans again.

"we" can solve it by exercising. I exercise, do you? :^)

Round them up, throw them in a powerplant boiler and light the darkness away.

Obesity is caused by insulin resistance (same thing that causes diabetes)

Insulin resistance is caused by overconsumption of high fructose corn syrup & refined sugars, underconsumption of fiber and constantly eating throughout the day. Otherwise known as the typical American diet.

you can outrun a bad diet

I've argued for a long time that everyone should be tested 1/year and anyone with a BMI over 25 musf be incarcerated in a fat loss concentration camp until they are under 25. That's still fat but it's not ham planet fat. Obesity is enough of a national epidemic costing the country billions to warrant such drastic action.

>inb4 muh totatalitarian

You don't need to put them in labour camps, the just need to stop eating.

Dietitians and doctors need to stop telling them that in order to lose weight they need to eat all day long.

If they just stopped eating for 2 weeks, they would lose 15-20lbs of pure fat and the body would be okay.

I don’t really have anything to add I just wanted to say I hate fat people so much

>Suger tax
>Shift farming subsidies from corn and meat to local vegetable farms
>Promote organic produce and physical activities on a small scale through financial incentives

All these costs will be offset by the reduced healthcare costs of a healthier population

That’s what I do. When I gain like 3lbd over the holidays I just fast for four or five days after and they go away. Not even hungry after day two, going longer isn’t harder since first two days is the hard part

Do US health insurances lower their rates if you do a fitness test or something? Because that would be one major advantage of a private insurance system. But i assume they don't see the point and just jew everyone.

>tax
>subsidies
>incentives

Disgusting.

No. In fact Obongocare only exists because no insurer wants to take these fuckers in. Man it's eerie how obese unhealthy burgers still manage to live into their 80s even without access to healthcare. The american health system is unsustainable.

>He doesn't want to take down the megacorp cartel

We have it now tard. It's just subsidizing the big agri growers of foods and additives that make us obese and sick.

>BMI
my BMI is over 25 and i look better than you and am more fit

I know you have it now.
You shouldn't have it at all.
That goes for the taxes too, by the way.

I'm not aware of a single country in the world that doesn't operate without agricultural subsidies. If farmers paid the same interest on loans as other businesses and individuals nobody would be growing food because of the risks vastly outweighing the potential profits. The question is how to allocate these subsidies so as not to make the population unhealthy.

Hey you know nothing fuckwad .... you missed the dialysis centers springing up like fungus across the nation .... now those fuckers are racking in major funding from the medical industry

Actually I trebled down on Fresenius Medical Care (NYSE: FMS)... but thanks for looking out for me, I'm going to be alllllllllllllllllllllllllriggggggght.

If you ask me, the really fat people usually have an underlying psychological issue. Maybe start there instead?

I don't know what would be cheaper. Treating these fat fucks Diabetes or give em therapy.

you've actually argued this for a long time?

jesus christ you're retarded

>canadians think we dont eat cheese curds
>they don't realize cottage cheese is widely available and people simply choose not to eat it because regular cheese is better for melting over fries

Pull a Japan and make obesity illegal.

Obesity cannot be illegal in Japan, it's the home of Sumo.

Stairs.

Everywhere.

Tax shit food to subsidise produce and raw ingredients. But that's too "commie" for you yanks

Let them kill themselves. They have no will to survive

t. buzzfeed

>behavior isn't influenced by genetics

Sugar tax

>muh genes are responsible for that murder officer, I didnu NUFFIN it hwas mah MAO gene muh MAO GENE!!!!

But if we don't take down the megacorp cartel, cyberpunk becomes real within two decades. Are you saying you DON'T want to brood over a bowl of ramen with cloned beef at 3AM in a corner shop in the middle of a mega-city, anxiously fingering your laser pistol?

>Using a libertarian's visage to advocate greater state regulation of the private sector

Just disgusting.

Frankly I'm beginning entertain the idea that we had it right in the old days, and that the unwashed masses are unfit to rule themselves. Democracy relies on a population of well-educated, reasonable, and civil people who strive for compromise and the greater good. What we have is a population of people who hate education, prefer to be unreasonable, are incredibly selfish, and outright refuse to compromise. Perhaps humans really are better off under the collective heel of a handful of individuals who know what's best for them.

Nuke.

>I discovered /leftypol/ for the first time why am I a social outcast???

My man, he asked how to end it, not how to profit from it.

That being said, nice business structure. Keynes or Lucas critique?

>murdering people is the same thing as being a fat fuck

What are you, a commie?

End corn subsidies; restrict sugar concentration on beverages and food, create a scare about recombinant amylase.

Sugar

>GENES ARE EVERYTHING GENES ARE EVERYTHING
>except for this case!! and that case!!! that case too!! STOP RUBBING FLIES IN MY FAT FUCK ACCEPTANCE OINTMENT!!!

Stop blaming your mom + dad and exercise you fucking fatass.

Stop blaming your mom + dad and exercise you fucking fatass.

Force people that get handicapped placards to park at the back of the lot, If you're disabled due to obesity, you also cannot claim for food stamps, more fat-shaming

Medicine and food science.
Obese people as a group are incapable of fixing their own problems. No amount of education, taxing, or fat shaming will help them.

Until we have exercise in a pill or food science progresses to the point where we can buy low calorie foods with near identical taste and texture people will continue to be fat.

A low calorie wheat flour substitute would be the greatest breakthrough in controlling obesity imo.

substitution is not gonna work.
You'd need to trick the human taste and reward system somehow.

As far as I see it, the fatties now are a lost cause. We can start teaching kids about nutrition in elementary school and hopefully next generation around won't be nutrionally ignorant hamplanets.

If it's genetics, why aren't there an equal number of fatties in every country, numbnuts? It's a cultural/educational issue.

They are not allowed to change rates per se, but many offer incentive programs. I get 300 a year as a refund if I don't test positive for tobacco use at a yearly screening. If you do test positive, you can enroll in a cessation course and still get the refund. The same screening also checks key markers such as BMI, Blood Pressure, Blood Sugar,and resting heart rate. If I meet 3 of the 4 targets, I get another 600 a year refunded.

Exercise has little to do in average fitness. fat absorption in the body is automatic for some category of nutrient (hello sugar) and the only solution is eating less of it. but it's not just about will, the brain develop strong addiction to food easily, and if you just cut it, you are basically going to feel the same as a junkie in need of his dose. Shit has to be done slowly.

Redefine the suburbs by changing zoning laws and incentivizing walking to places. Invest in the community. Whoops, this kill the car industry and affects consumerism.

only a very small amount of people have bad genetics that make them more fat than others if they were to eat the same thing but even then it doesnt turn you into a fucking balloon. youre a fat disgusting piece of shit and you should kill yourself for making healthcare more expensive for everyone else

this, suburbs should be places where everything is walking distance and at most a 5 min bike ride.

lol not really though. i was fat too and I unfucked myslef by exercising and eating well. It's not rocket science.
>t. blue blooded american

>Exercise has little to do in average fitness.

cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/nutrition/pdf/r2p_energy_density.pdf

Here's why you're wrong.
Calorie density of the foods you eat are a major factor in determining you're weight.
The ability to substitute calorie dense foods with a lower calorie analogue will help fat people lose weight.

Then how are athletes capable of eating 6000+ calories a day and still maintain low body fat %?

People need to know about calories - the fact that they are a science and if you eat more than you burn you will gain weight.

This will never happen because of the billions of dollars made off the industry of yo-yo dieting and tip-toeing around mentioning calories with "points" and "syns" and the like. If more people believed in the science and knew they could use MyFitnessPal for free, Weight Watchers would go out of business.

They eat the right calories, drink enough water, sleep properly, exercise and most importantly, they eat their 6k because it's what they need, not because they were bored.

Tax sugar(s) in processed foods heavily.

Maybe sugar-free soda half the price of the regular stuff and that's probably most of the problem sorted.

>They eat the right calories, drink enough water, sleep properly, exercise

>exercise

>Exercise has little to do in average fitness

>Be me
>Sampling cheese at a store
>Mobility scooter coming down aisle towards me
>*Skkkkrrrrt*
>Is that cheese? she asked without waiting for a reply
>Immediately takes TWO samples
Every time.

This type of bullshit is why the obesity rates just keep going up and up.............

Let me put it this way - they aren't burning 6000 calories a day by drinking water and sleeping properly

but user it's not about eating less or better. it's the drastic shift in lifestyle that has occured in murkastronk. whether it be for work or fun, most folks generally sit on their ass all day quite literally.

You do understand that the human body is a bit more complex than CICO right? Eat a bunch of grass (which has calories) and see how much weight you gain.

Abolish disability and medicaid benefits. Hunger will make them thin again.

Obesity, like many of our other problems we have in the US of A, is due to it being more widely accepted to be over weight.
We need to bring back shame to our society. If you see someone doing something inherently wrong or socially destructive we need to stop applauding them for being 'unique' or creative.
Fat people are disgusting, they are not attractive. Healthy at any weight or whatever the fatties have as their catchphrase will only condemn future generations to the same fate unless we stop fucking pandering and praising them.

I'm tired of walking down the street and seeing morbidly obese people, people with 6 in holes and tattoos on their face, or people who wear costumes and cross dress cause it makes them feel good.

These people think they are the new norm, that their ideas are what this country is and should be. Next time you see a fatty that no longer has the ability to move without mechanical assistance, look upon them with disgust; let them know that they are a problem, that their life is a problem.

It is not possible to shame something that is visibly, self evidently normal or average.

No it's mostly influenced by environment

>All these costs will be offset by the reduced healthcare costs of a healthier population

that won't even begin to cover the costs
and how would you promote physical activities, there's already hundreds of ways, what more could you do that will finally get america in shape?

thank god I'm not 5'4"

Not true. Sure there any many mentally ill people who have too much practice to learn anything about their condition, but there are still plenty of self-hating fatasses and etc who are waiting to hear it from someone outside themselves before they can prove their mission is clear.

>Someone who was never a fat kid.

As someone who was fat the amount of shaming and ridicule was immense and never once did it cause me to want to lose weight.
My declining health was the impetus I needed to finally start watching my diet and eating right.

What really bothers me is being told by my relatives that I (an average weight person) need to eat more because "I'm too skinny." It takes all of my effort not to say "no I'm normal sized and you're a fat fuck."

They are jealous.

Honestly yeah they are just trying to get you into the game. Same as the way a drug dealer will tell you the drug he sells is the best idea. Try to quit weed around your 420 friends, fucking see what happens. Fat people will try to make you eat more in the same exact way, it's obscene.

It may not have caused you to lose weight, but will you promote a fat lifestyle for your kids?
Worth it?

it's not commie, rather taxing fast/cheap/junk food would overwhelmingly disproportionately affect, and probably harm lower-income individuals.
Poor folk eat junk food not because it's cheap alone, but because it's the only food they can typically afford.
Rich people tend not to be fat, nor do they typically eat excess junk food.