Why are we alive?

Why are we alive?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_NVsyMalJXo
youtu.be/5l-Lv9tGQwI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It just happened. It's weird, but that's it.

>tfw intelligence arises in a unexplorable universe
>tfw literally no one gets to know anything about it

Literature

2 succ tha BBC

Let me give you the big enchilada, here's all you need to know

youtube.com/watch?v=_NVsyMalJXo

>tfw the moral and metaphysical foundation of the universe is for ehite bois to succ da BBC
>tfw the entire universe is set up only for this to happen

This would be hilarious.

Why not?

>tfw he actually believes this
>tfw this interview is 7 months old

>but that's it

How the fuck do you know?

It's the most reasonable thing to think. Everything else is speculation, and this is not what OP asked for.

To fulfill our goals.

who cares?
Just explore the world, live and reproduce.
Try to make the best for you and the ones you care.

To meet God.

I'm a firm believer in the fine-tuning argument.

> reproduce

Failed already then.

to produce and enjoy dank memes

because you enjoy sensuality and fails to see sensuality makes you sad

To be love and to be loved.

youtu.be/5l-Lv9tGQwI

TO DISCUSS BOOKS ON THE INTERNET YOU CUNT

Just to suffer.

because our parents fucked

>suffer
>access to unlimited food, entertainment, people

Great, but most people I meet are vain and/or delusional, care about nothing but mundane trivialities, are easily scared and manipulated and have absolutely no idea who they are because they have never taken the time out of their unreal, pointless existences to turn inward and discover the truth. So life is almost pure unadulterated suffering because of the very fact it is full of people.

Individually? its an unfortunate contingency. Collectively because God wanted something to play with.

So it look like you found your vocation.

Your life, perhaps. But could you say that those other people suffer as well?

Ask yourself, how could consciousness possibly arise from non-consciousness? What you're saying is that at some point in out evolutionary history there was an collection of unthinking atoms, arranged in some configuration, that gave birth to a creature also made up of unthinking atoms; but due to the fact that these new unthinking atoms were arranged slightly differently, this new creature was consciousness. What could it possibly be about this new configuration if atoms that made it sufficiently different to the other configuration of atoms?

But what if everything is conscious, in some small way? Then you have explain how putting together a bunch of 'conscious' atoms together results in an additional of atomic consciousness to produce mental states - but only in a brain.

No, consciousness can not be reduced to material substance. Is dualism true? No. The interaction problem rules that out.

The only solution is that mind is fundamental and the physical world is simply an idea. But then why our perceptions so consistent and ordered? They seem nothing like a dream.

The answer is that God creates in us level 1 data, which we interpret as the physical world.

Why does He do this? Because he created you for a purpose. And your aim in life can only be to fulfil that purpose to the best of your ability .

Waking up I felt that hesitation
Like I wasn't meant to wake up at all
Letting out a soft, cynical sigh
My god, it's just the answer
To the question I can't find

Marching on, it's one foot then the other
Better than one foot then none at all
Biting off way more than I can chew
Like I sometimes do
I never know just when and where to stop

Why are we here, why do we die?
Maybe we're just never meant to know why