What happens when we die?

What happens when we die?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5l-Lv9tGQwI
youtube.com/watch?v=ciYPWQMzwR4
youtu.be/1zMf_8hkCdc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why don't you kill yourself and find out?

You go to heaven and reunite with the absolute love of God and the other departed souls you loved.

You slowly turn into mush - rotting six feet under while birds poop on your grave.

You lose your control over your body, yet you can still think and feel.
People will either burn you alive or put you underground. Either way you'll suffer until you'll brain will decompose or be destroyed.

some lucky person will be rid of a horrible burden

Bit edgy there

the same thing that happens when we are born.

do you remember it? did u like it? were you worried before? etc...

Whatever you believe will happen.

you just stop

We are all just elements, bits, and pieces of the universe we all live in. Therefore when we die, it's just another element of the universe returning to a more fundamental state of existence.

You go to NIGGER heaven with all the NIGGERS

Youre born into the same life you had, because the universe is recurring. This also means that your life is predestined and you are basically a puppet of fate and circumstances.

>don't remember something
>therefore it didn't happen

Who hurt you?

Not as bad as you think. There are no jews there, so I can live with them.

Depends a lot on how you die and how fast it all happens, maybe a med student can enlight us what happens in the body when you go out.
Dying in your sleep must be really simple, from your perspective it's like you haven't even died.
Or maybe you meant asking what happens after we die. In that case, go ask /x/ faggot.

There, there OP. Communicate with your Father who art in heaven. youtu.be/5l-Lv9tGQwI

Idk lol

You either go to Heaven, which is a movie theater where they play Micky Mouse non-stop, or to Hell, which is a shitposting imageboard with threads just like this one

Daddy goes to heaven and the bad guys all go to hell.

Are you a fucking idiot? You just die. Thats it theres no bearded man nor no fallrn angel waiting for you. You die, youre existence ends. No one cares. Now go live your life.

ITT: baseless assertions

this youtube.com/watch?v=ciYPWQMzwR4

my spiritual practice of self-enquiry also proves to me that i'm not the body

p.s. i dont even want to see your bitter replies

be nice or fuck off

nothing

If you're a good boy, you go to a wondrous land where Veeky Forums isn't a shit board

>what happens when you die?
>youre burned alive
Interesting.

And THIS is why I'll decidedly be going out with a gunshot to the head.

Don't worry user, I care. I truly do. I hope one day you will come to see the truth and accept Jesus Christ into your heart and understand that the true God is a God of love and he wants us to be reunited with him and all the mad scientists telling us that life is a meaningless mechanistic repetition will have to repent or suffer the consequences.

The time is coming soon, just consider it user. Please.

If that's the case, then shouldn't death be the definitive end to all the infinite lives you'll live?

Death begets life.

We are all stardust.

We live on in the microbes that decompose our human bodies, and on in the plants that grow above our corpses, and on in the insects that visit those plants, and on in the animals that graze upon them, and on in the creatures that eat those animals. And each death, of each plant and animal, begets life again, and you will never again be this incarnation of yourself, and you will not remember, but life will continue and parts of the your now will eventually be scattered across the world to be many things both great and small.

You are always with the ones you loved. They are everythwere, and you will become them and go on and on and on until entropy ends everything, but that is a very, very long time away, so far away we cannot imagine the scope of the enormity of that expanse of time, and we must be content with the ongoing cycle of life in the here and the now.

I find this thought peaceful.

Don't forget that the body is a part of you though and you shouldn't try and deny it. The Greeks knew that the body was sacred so look after it, they knew what they were talking about.

Suicide is one of the greatest offence against the eternal. One must endure whatever sufferings come your way in the name of our salvation, no matter how painful it can be.

>7025▶
> (You)
Yes, we're people I don't deny, I just think we're not only a body and most people think we're just that.

that video is my favorite evidence of not being only a body.

And
>"Watching a horizon program last night about the cosmos they finally admitted that we know nothing and that our greatest theories about the universe are almost certainly wrong. "

To die, to sleep
To sleep, perchance to dream...

Evidently you've read "Revelation" by Flannery O'Connor.

Or need to read it.

We had life before we were born, we'll have life after we die as well. Stay frosty horsey guy

What is with all these people unironically believing in an afterlife? Where's the fucking proof?

You're like a baby crying the womb. Shut up and wait your turn malaka!

We will never have any idea of what happens after we die while we are alive.
And I believe we probably won't find out in death either.

> >9676189
Good post.

I'd like to think everyone has their own heaven. I see my heaven being an eternal road trip with the people I've met joining the ride for a while and then departing to let others in.

Honestly, it doesn't bother me that there could be nothing waiting for me, nor that my name will most likely fade away as the time passes. Death being inevitable, I'll just keep on being the person I am, smiling when I see my reflection on the mirror. Having a existential crisis is just a waste of time.

Define death

You seem tender. Willing to entertain new ideas. This is for you.

youtu.be/1zMf_8hkCdc

Whatever connections you have with the world will disappear as your physical self is dead and your persona dies out. No memories of you will be left by the time those who hold them die. The world at large remains unaffected throughout the event of your death for ever from that moment on, this is proved by even the most influential people in history dying, it doesn't make too much of a difference. It is as if you never lived. Any legacy that remains will not affect the world either, even if you are remembered for it, even if you invented space flight. They're just events and notions of events. The way humanity records history is self-absorbed. The planet is a stupid rock. Life is a spontaneous process with no extra redeeming quality besides pertaining to life and the experience of life. Consciousness means an organ functions.
It's not a subject restricted to literature or philosophy either, it's a dumb, lazy question.

>the father
>the father
>the father

>You go to heaven and reunite with the absolute love of God and the other departed souls you loved.
this is what Brahmins believe

This is mostly true, but none of it precludes immortality, by the way.

>what happens after winter?

Your thetan gets processed at the D7 volcano then you attach to clusters of other thetans whereby the Galactic Confederation insert you in the body of other beings.

Indeed. The event of death and what that entails is by definition a different concept than immortality. It means whatever is to be considered immortal shouldn't have ever been able to die and never will. So unless you present a more approachable definition of immortal, there is nothing useful to be said. The soul is a religious concept exclusively and any argument for it can't effectively be reasoned with. It would imply everyone has a soul including those born without the parts of a brain that renders you conscious. That's actually more of an argument for inanimate objects having a soul and being immortal, which is more interesting to me.

youtu.be/1zMf_8hkCdc

God Bless.

You're reunited with the consciousness of the all until it's time for your next incarnation

You are already dead. The only reason why you can't realise it is that you can't experience the fourth dimension as you do with space. Everything that has been or will be is happening at the same time. Linear time is an illusion, my man.

Did you come to this conclusion after psychedelics?

you are being operated by your fourth dimensional self

Some smarmy materialists may think we go into nothingness. But nothing is not. Nothing comes from nothing. But there is something, so something comes from something and existence is eternal.

I agree with everything he says. My only problem being that Creation, and by extension God the Father, are morally suspicious at best.

It is. great post user

Shucks, I don't fucking know?
Probably nothing?
It doesn't really make a difference. You're already within god, so just live morally and stuff.

>tfw some part of you will be inside a 10/10 grill

We die.

You became reincarnated as the little girl version of yourself in a Mongolian tapestry.

This is literally the most intelligent answer in the thread.

What's the hurry? Wait and find out. Are you one of those people who ask what's going to happen next while watching a movie?

>tfw (You)'re stuck in an eternal loop of telling user that and I'm stuck in an eternal loop of pointing it out
the Universe is a strange place

>Morally suspicious
What do you mean by this? What is morally suspicious about Jesus? You've seen the Son, then you have seen the Father also.

Metempsychosis obviously

>Aristotle
>Hegel
based cathoholicism

If there is a Good so great that it requires separation from God to be fully experienced then the God in question is not God at all, especially not by Christian standards. If all Good is perfectly contained and experienced within God, then Creation is strictly degeneration of that Good and cannot become anything else.

>I understand the nature of God
I urge you to reconsider

Where did you get the idea that you must be fully separated to experience God's love? All of creation is good because it is an extension of his goodness. We human beings are particularly special because we were actually made in his image. God is Love, God is good, God IS existence. There is nothing in creation that is inherently not good. However, in the beginning we fell from grace by choosing to do against God in our freedom, which is understandable. That is why God was planning to become man himself, word made flesh, Jesus, to save us from our condition of bandage to sin. That's why Jesus said I've not come to condemn but to save. We are fully capable of recognizing the right decision and we are only held accountable for what we know. Over time God reveals more and more of his knowledge and clarity as he sees fit through the church he established on earth. Forget about humans misbehaving. The message has always been the same. Religion is about having a relationship with God. To love and to be loved, God expects nothing more from you. The rest is the splendor of God and your freedom to make something out of it while we wait for what's next, for what he promised. A place where every tear will be wiped from our eyes, and all of us will erupt in joy, and spend eternity with love himself, Our Lord Jesus Christ.

nobody knows for sure, imo you just cease to exist, no stimuli, no perception, no thoughts etc. impossible to imagine because our entire existence is opposite to that, but that's how I imagine it, nothing has convinced me otherwise

>One must endure whatever sufferings come your way in the name of our salvation, no matter how painful it can be.
why?

I must confess, the likelihood and the capacity of God, or "God", to reveal the subtleties of his cycles of horror and convince me that a Cosmic Slayer discography is actually required for anything at all, let alone Salvation, is inversely proportional with my Moral compass, my immanent Selfhood, and everything else between judgement and intuition; so much so that I would reject this entity's offer of redemption as it would be tantamount to damnation, and by extension the damnation of all that suffers.

>You lose your control over your body, yet you can still think and feel.
when your heart stops blood circulation to your brain also stops and as a result of that you will lose consciousness