>smells so bad
>maybe it tastes better than it smells
>half a bottle of mouthwash later
>house smells worse than Auschwitz
>get rid of it only way I know how

Other urls found in this thread:

bonappetit.com/recipe/the-ultimate-bolognese-sauce
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No way it's your lack of skill. That recipe sucks! They violated your culunairy gender!
#non_binary_cu/ck/s

I hope this is bait. Otherwise, you're a fucking moron.

>Only expensive ingredient is chicken liver
>Recipe encourages burning the bottom of the pot
>OP doesn't know what Braise means

>Recipe could be simplified down to
>Make sauce with wet ingredients and spice
>Boil pasta
>Mince grounded beef and cook in pan
>Mix pasta and sauce in heated pan
>Then re add grounded beef

>>Only expensive ingredient is chicken liver
Uh, what? Chicken liver is expensive where you live? I can a 20 oz tub for like $1.50 or something.

The beef and tomatoes were the expensive part san marzano and 90/10 sirloin ground beef.

What fucking dumbass recipes starts the list of ingredients with "bay leaves" and "cloves"? Is that supposed to be alphabetically sorted or something? That shoulda been a warning sign. You start with the main ingredient, that would be the meat here, or maybe the tomatoes.

>I followed the guide step by step.

Add tomatoes and wine, stirring and scraping up any browned bits. Mix in beef and pork (mixture will be fairly stiff, but will soften and loosen as it cooks). Add milk and mix well; everything should be evenly coated. Cover pot and braise in oven 6–8 hours. (Resist the urge to check on it. It's fine! We promise!)

>It does not say anywhere to precook meat, just add the tomatoes, wine then mix in beef and pork. add milk and mix then braise in oven.

It can be expensive because its not a normal supermarked ingredient.
So while you can get frozen ground beef, leftover beef, frozen chicken whatever.
You can't really get frozen liver.
So you have to go somewhere they have a large enough fresh ingredient outlet, where they actually sell chicken liver.
>Tomatos
>Expensive
WTF are you smoking. Even more so when mashed or purred or boiled for the dish.

They are listed in order of use.
So
>Saute
>Filler and meat
>Extra aste for sauce
>Salt for pasta

If you pay attention, it indirectly says to boil apart the meat in the sauce.
This isn't even a complex dish, but a stupid one which has 3 meat ingredients instead of just adding more spice and wine to the sauce.
Its also stupid since its a long boil dish, to use the livers, instead of just browning ground beef, marinating it, and then letting it boil with the sauce.

Also, braising th saauce in the oven for six to EIGHT FUCKING HOURS? Not even the most autistic Italiens let it simmer for more than three hours, and certainly not in the freaking oven. That recipe is like a textbook example of "how to turn a simple proven dish into retarded pretentious hipster bullshit".

I usually add the milk first and reduce to almost nothing, then add wine, do the same and finally the stock/tomatoes and let it simmer after that

Its not bad if you preheat oven right, then turn it off, and then let it simmer correctly over night.
Its just bad.

So just boil it longer until the meat is boiled apart and then add then add milk? Do you reduce that in the pan or put into the oven after that?

What's most confusing is the cooking of the meat in with the sauce and then braising in the oven for 6-8 hours. Usually I just make a nice red sauce and let it simmer for 3-4 hours, cook the meat separately then mix together at the end. I'm really disappointed because it looked like it would be nice and I was planning it all week.

I attached a pic of the sauce I made myself last week.

You should just have done your regular thing, but steamed/boiled a chicken liver before adding it.
And then continuing on with the normal simmering, and normal browning of the meat.

Thanks for the tip Ill try that next time I make it once I buy more chicken livers and reply back how it goes if this thread doesn't get pruned by then.

>from website of major food magazine

so which one is it ya dumb cunt?

>OP will surely deliver

Use the serious eats recipe. Made it last weekend for lasagna Bolognese and it was fucking awesome. Used 80/20 beef and pork, 90/10 sounds too lean.

I can't fucking believe all the stupid shit I'm reading in this thread. None of you know how to cook for shit. Jesus....

reminds me of that disgusting oil tomato sauce that one user made.

If you mean the site (its in the original image)

bonappetit.com/recipe/the-ultimate-bolognese-sauce

Thanks for your contribution!

Thanks someone else recommended that one too so Ill try it out.

>This isn't even a complex dish, but a stupid one which has 3 meat ingredients instead of just adding more spice and wine to the sauce.
>Its also stupid since its a long boil dish, to use the livers, instead of just browning ground beef, marinating it, and then letting it boil with the sauce.
i'm entirely unsure of what you're even trying to say here. are you saying you can substitute spice and wine for meat? you want to marinate beef after browning it?

It looks like you just cooked meat and milk together, there is barely any red coloring to it at all

1. Yes, you can. Meatless sauce might even taste good
2. Yes. But it depends on meat, some doesn't absorb marinade afterwards well, some do. Ground beef is fairly neutral compared to something like lamb chops, which has limitations.

>Meatless sauce might even taste good
there's no question that it does, but that doesn't mean that 'wine and spice' are substitutable for meat in a recipe for fucking meat sauce, wtf dude?

with regards to marinating the meat after browning it...what purpose is that supposed to serve and why does it replace the addition of chicken livers?

Good job not reading the post chain faggot
You had one job:
The point of OPs dish is to dilute the sauce with the kidney and milk, for a different color
Which OP failed to do in the correct manner

So instead of being a complete failure like OP, one should provide options, such as how to make basics.

You're welcome, dumbass.

You can't even get the ingredients fucking right, OR what they do for the sauce. Moron.

>reduce milk to almost nothing

you could have just used some butter

>dilute the sauce with kidney
what the fuck are you even talking about you moron

>1/4 cup Mama Lil's Pickled Kick Butt Peppers in Oil or Pepparadew peppers

I automatically disregard any recipes that call for specific brands of things.

You don't actually think that butter is reduced milk do you?

>the-ultimate-bolognese-sauce
That is the fatal flaw. Never cook anything from an "ultimate" recipe when you could also get an "original" or "classical" one

>he doesn't know what san marzano tomatoes are
Post discarded

>He thinks he can read English

I have a 10 recipe rule. Anything new I try to cook must be referenced from 10 separate recipes. I get to look at eat recipe and determine what is most common between them and why people use something in one but not the other. Same with the prep/cook methods for the 10 recipes. This goes along with my 10 tries across 10 different days before giving up on new recipe rule.