Is love real?

Is love real?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7er_xx7Wmg8
youtube.com/watch?v=ktCyKIcdZAo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Everything and everyone seems to say it is.

I have yet to contemplate any evidence of it

Love is a real emotion not based on reality.

Love is when a desire for companionship shifts to a desire to maintain a habit. Romantic love is when a desire for sex shifts to a desire to maintain a habit. Familial love is when desire to maintain tradition (the habits of the dead) shifts to a desire to maintain a habit. So if you define love as any of that, then it's real. Of course, you could define love yourself, and then if your definition coincides with reality, then it is also real. If your definition does not coincide with reality, then it is not real.

-men love to overestimate their performance in bed
-men love to be praised by any woman
-men love to underestimate the lust of women
-men love to underestimate the boredom of women
-there is nothing more boring to a woman than to be fucked over and over by only one man
-men love to think that women love men like women love children
-women see no reward for faithfulness
-women see the reward for sleeping around
-women see no reward for their virginity
-women do not desire to have only one provider for sex
-women do not desire to stay virgin
-women do not know how to stay virgin
-women do not desire to be prude
-women despise nonguly asexual men
-women fear of being asexual

-the only gift a man possesses by his sheer existence is to be left alone if he wants it, but ofc very few men want this since very few men kill their infatuation with their spook of ''society'' and women.

People have really bleak outlooks on life on this board.

Well, at least everyone will die.

none of this shit is true. meaningless bullshit that will ensure that you'll trust no one in your life.
fuck that. at least go for it, if you get hurt, so be it. you can be alone very easily.

How could anyone doubt whether love is real? Do you not feel it?

If not, I pity you.

That's like asking if God is real. When someone asks me do I believe in God, I always respond with "Well what do you think IS God?" Because we probably have different definitions on it. The same is with love. What do you think love is, user?

It's so different from person to person that any one definition of "love" cannot exist.

Enjoy you band.

I can't feel love anymore so I guess?

Unfortunately not user, but please don't pity me I do not deserve pity. I have felt great love for other people but have never really felt it in return (accept in isolated events and acts) I have always seen the 'love' that people have shown me is tainted by their own vanity and have never felt satisfied.

Love is the nothing that makes people accept settling for each other
Take the blackpill, cucks
DEUS exists and I hate him

Love is real, and it's the one thing that's ever lent any meaning to my otherwise-fucking stupid existence.

It's the realisation that you place more importance on the well-being of another than yourself, just by merit of how much you care about them/it. We do this all the time in small degrees. For example: have you ever been so engrossed in a book/movie/hobbie/whatever that you forget to eat/sleep/jerkoff etc.? That's a small picture of what love is.

Love, as an act, is putting your own wants and desires before others. As a feeling, it's the realisation that you'd be perfectly willing to do that.

I don't know if the concept of reality is real, how can I say if love is real?

Yes. What that means, I don't know.

Mickey's gf was just him in a skirt, heels, and makeup. Makes you think.

mickey loved traps? good for him

No, it only exists as a cultural item. There are things that exist and are used as evidence or indications of love's existence but they're not really love.

You can really like someone, appreciating who they are, their thoughts and everything about them and thus wanting to be around them. You can also seek to reproduce and maintain a family with someone, this is purely animalistic and obviously prone to issues when it fades. You can be attracted to someone, generally for reproduction purposes but for other benefits, like social too - wealth might be an attractor for example.

Maybe love can be considered primarily to be a combination of these three with some extra romanticism added on top?

you just described some possible reasons what makes people feel love. how can you say something doesn't exist by providing evidence for it?

Is the reflection in a mirror real?

I hope so

I don't enjoy using the word love because there are so many variations to it and so many other emotions and feelings to describe those variations that it's become a catch all phrase.
I love my family.
I love my best friends.
I loved my first girlfriend in a completely different way than the next girlfriend.

Is it simply a deep appreciation for the uniqueness of the relationship with that individual? Is it just liking a person so much that the flood of dopamine goes past a point of simply liking the person? I do not find anyone as reliable as my best friends, and this is a characteristic of why I love them, but my ex girlfriends were not as reliable, and so reliability was not a part of my love for them. I do not wish to romance my family or friends, and even the romance of each woman is different. Some want to drink at home, others want to explore the world. The route to romanticism and by extension my love for that girl is different.

Love is just a short cut phrase for hyper emotions felt toward a person.

I was in love once. Scared the shit out of me back then. I'd give anything to feel that way again.

>love can be many things
>it is just this one thing

i love mickey mouse

Well, my mom loves me. I figure if parental love is possible, then so is romantic love.

He had a word, too. Love, he called it. But I had been used to words for a long time. I knew that that word was like the others: just a shape to fill a lack; that when the right time came, you wouldn't need a word for that any more than for pride or fear.

Love is a compilation of things I guess. Sorry user, I guess I had to work it out by typing it.

This

youtube.com/watch?v=7er_xx7Wmg8

youtube.com/watch?v=ktCyKIcdZAo

why do you post this

i want to know what love is
i want you to show me

I´ll just leave this hear!