Wine Thread

Last one died.

What's Veeky Forums drinking? I'm having this right now. A little underwhelmed but apparently if you let it warm up (I'm having it chilled) it becomes much better so we shall see.

Only bitches and fags drink wine.

>viognier

post tits

i just had a few glasses of pic related except 2015.
i liked it, had some berry-like flavours among others.
i'm more into white wines though, chardonnay's tend to be hit or miss with me but sauvignon blancs,rieslings,pinot gris's,grüner veltliners,gewürtzraminers etc are nice (not all ofcourse)

Just pitched the yeast tonight

Blackberry, two types of cherries and blackcurrant. Should end up around 14% and slightly sweet

t. lard-ridden craft brew brainlet

>If I go aggro maybe they will think I'm a real man

These are the Italian reds at Trader Joe's that I like.

t. Someone who knows nothing about wine

europeen wines are all shit desu

All fine wines from around the world owe their existence to European winemakers. In the last few decades some other wine regions have managed to put out a decent, drinkable product, but we'd be nowhere without the old world original.
It's just a shame that the French traditions were the dominant influence in so many places, instead of superior Tuscan wines.

Is this opposite day? Because I'm like 99% sure that European wine is amazing and wine from other regions is awful.

You need to spend $100+ on a CA wine for it to be as good as a $50 bottle of French wine.

Having a Viognier tonight, first time I've had it. It's definitely something I'd buy again.

Thanks, bitches and fags.

You’re correct and the other guy is wrong
California wine is insanely overpriced and anything affordable is fucking nasty

I'm absolutely fine when i drink stuff like brandy or just plain vodka. But when i drink like 100ml of wine my stomach gets upset. What is this shit?

Funnily enough, it was a woman who rather enthusiastically recommended it

Well turns out I like a lot more after having it with a meal and letting it come closer to room temperature. I had it with some quite strong tasting fish (which was suggested) and it suddenly it brought out so many flavours in the wine and its sort of sweet "berriness" as you say was a very good contrast.

>Nero d'Avola
Noice

liked this answer. it was apt.

Could stand a couple more years, but pretty good right now.

pretty much anything they make in the lower abv can do pretty well over 5 years or so