Is this edition of Moby Dick good or trash?

Is this edition of Moby Dick good or trash?

>tfw you wanted to read The Whale, but you got Moby-Dick instead

I thought they were the same thing?

Bump please help

Does it have the full text of Moby Dick in it? If so, then you're good.

What the fuck are you expecting?

It's Penguin, so the notes are shit and the paper's shit and the printing's shit. But...it's an English work. You don't have to worry about the translation. If the notes don't matter to you, and the paper doesn't matter to you, then it'll be fine.

I didn't know penguin was this bad :(

They're not you turbotard because they give you what actually matters (the text) for RELATIVELY cheap (not really desu...).

Otherwise get Norton or something

>(not really desu...).
Penguins are like $10

I'm a Jew.

There is literally nothing wrong with penguin editions

pages and printing on mine seem A-ok. Where did this gross rumor come about?

>I'm a (((Jew)))

I wonder who's behind this post.

I wonder which flightless bird is behind this post.

can someone honestly tell me are the penguins good or bad?
there are so many fucking editions of moby dick I feel crazy just browsing them... I thought penguin would be pretty damn good but it doesn't have footnotes and now I'm very concerned do I need footnotes or do I not need footnotes...I don't fucking know, I've never read moby dick before

Penguins are good for students. Their shoddy enough to allow for underlining and highlighting and scribbling notes. They're made to be disposable, not for re-reading over the years.

They're fine, just rip the covers off so no one knows you're reading a penguin. I did the same to the back of my macbook

Stupid question desu, they are all trash.

You just read the shit to be part of the circlejerk that suck each other off pretending to be intellectual.
Eventually you realize the book is shit, just like Scientology, and the cultists that endorsed it are just as stupid as the average trailer trash.

what do you suggest for reading sir?

It sounds like you're confusing Penguin for Wordsworth.

This is a cheap copy so it won't last you, but in terms of the content it's fine, I read it in Penguin.

Implying anyone on the entire planet would give a shit what version you were reading.

As for notes, they are only needed if you are studying it. If you just want to read it and enjoy the ride, most of the symbolism is fairly simple to understand and the prose and characters are extremely compelling, you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

I second this. Moby Dick is one of the easiest classics to start with