Dumbest Writers

Can we have a thread dedicated to the dumbest people in literature?
I mean complete retards who've somehow had historical impact, fame, or reverence put upon their works.

I know you want to make me angry, it ain't gonna work.

I feel bad posting him since it's not as if he pretended to be something he was not. He owned how dumb he was, to a certain extent. Kerouac is likely up there as well as Camus.

Me desu

lol. Okay monkey-man.

al-berrr cggghhhamuuuu

William s Burroughs
Hunter Thompson

I agree, Rousseau was a fucking idiot.

ayn rand obvs

Why all these writers cited are dumbs???

Mainly genetics, though enviromental aspects also play a role

Hemingway

No one else comes close

steven king

actual retard, has fetal alcohol syndrome.

william s borough is pretty retarded too, junkie is written like a highschooler's biography (and for all it matters, it is), and i heard him speak in that cowboy movie and he spoke like 1 word per 5 seconds. also drug addict so retarded by default. steven king is a blackout junkie too

but i'm being kind even considering king a writer. are buzz feed article authors writers too?

Samuel Pepys

Kevin Solway

He has a decent following composed of equally retarded followers.

Raymond Carver

are you smarter than Camus?

Jim Thompson or Joyce Carol Oates

I'd like to hear some gossip about King by people who know his dirty laundry irl.

Vonnegut

I have a soft spot for Bukowski as well, but I agree

>all ugly people have FAS

what is with this meme?

>le happy man

>le drugs man

>le alcohol man

>le spooks man

he's not just exceptionally ugly, he has all of the characteristics

instead of posting that you could just go look at a picture of him and a picture of the stereotyped characteristics and compare them. give your puny brain some time to process it

Is Jim Thompson famous for doing anything other than what he actually did? I.e., write some pretty badass, down and dirty genre fiction about, eg., getting a boner from a chick with a shriveled baby arm who also happened to have a very nice ass?

Or being an alcoholoic and writing a book about a stay in the sanitarium and getting your neck 'djusted by the negro attendant? And seeing another girl with a nice ass laying on a bed.

the player one ready writer is actually pretty stupid

that's a 45 year old man whose writing excerpts look like theyre straight from r/wrtingprompts. multiple people i asked thought the excerpts i sent were actually from there. but i mean he's 45 and only read like 30 books in his life, and almost all of them are highschool reading so he's not really an author nor is he even a reader

Powerfully strong bait

>feels over reals dude, huh huh, FUCK society

Ehhhhhhhh I think there is more there than he is given credit for. I wrote a critical piece on him recently. I admit he is a dirty old man but...

He has immense historical value outside of literature.

Without Rosseau the world would be a better place.

>indistinct philtrum
>thin upper lip
>short nose
>flat midface
holy..

Arthur Koestler

No bullshit, my diary desu.

Cocaine. Lots and lots of cocaine. That's about it.

His eyes have been steadily shrinking over the years after he got bitten by a radioactive chinaman.

James Joyce, definitely.

would you clarify?
because that sounds like an interesting piece
fucking kek

quints quints baby

...I want more...

Well, everybody knows about that. There was a /pol/ thread awhile back that had some legit local gossip.

Actually, enviromental aspects and nutrition play a higher role than genetics.

Take it back, fuckoo

Every communist "intellectual"

So... Almost every prominent philosopher?

0/10 try a bit harder

what u want? fucking moron

>hurr who is play dough

>LE MEME MAN!!!!!!111

Quints have it. Sure.

I wrote a piece looking at his view of women as either sex objects or salvific signifiers. He either views women as something to conquer and for his pleasure or as something he desires to transform himself. Ironically, the women he views as salvific he usually never met or no longer had in his wife. I used Love is a Dog From Hell mostly. Specifically Girls in Gingham Dresses, My 6 Foot Goddess, I'm Snaggletooth, and the one that may have been about Sylvia plath. It was about a woman he wanted to meet but never dead and he loved her work.

I used some Derrida

You can't even spell his name right...

>reasoning that you cannot reason
probably because I don't walk around shoving oxymorons down people's throats.