Notes From The Underground Summer Reading Group

Who's interested in doing a group reading of Dostoyevsky's Notes From The Underground?

To make things interesting I threw together this website for annotating the novel as a group:
174.138.60.204/

(just the Project Gutenberg text with an annotator plugin, you can see annotations other people have made, pretty straightforward)

Schedule in the pic. It's a short book (~100 pages physical). At one chapter a day I think everyone will be caught up and so we can focus on critical discussion.

Who's down

i am

sure, why not. I bought the ebook ages ago, would finally be a good time to actually read it...

We startin this Monday June 26 2017 boiiiii

Yep! I saw. I'll need to re-read the first couple chapters, that's all I got through on my first attempt.

how do I add annotations to the website?

Highlight a portion of the text, and a little button will pop up. Click it.

I'm down

This book is like 100 pages. And I think most people have already read it. I put my vote for Crime and Punishment or Brothers Karamazov

Why take three weeks to read something that can easily be read in three days or less?

Cause those of us that don't have loads of time for reading are able to keep up/

Retweet

plus I want more time to analyze this shit

this is a pretty cool idea user, i am proud of you. Do this for other books please

If we could get this going for a number of books, I'd be very interested in participating. Just read Notes 2 weeks ago though, so I won't be hanging out in this one.

Thank you :)

Good thread. I'm down.

If it goes well we should do one of his longer works or pick another shorter work of a similar author. Also, the narrator is lit.

>Brothers Karamazov
This

Listen to him, OP.
I've always wanted to be part of a reading group :)

i have a question for anyone who has already read it. What was Fyodor Talking about when he said he used to have some sweets dream where every responsibility he had just disapeerd? he said he couldnt dream for more than 3 months or something like that. Opium? Madness?

>Group reading of 80 something page book broken out into 10 days

Sure, I wouldn't mind rereading this. A tad short for a reading group book tho.

I would be down for reading some of his other shorter works or a longer one after if this is successful.

>21 days to read a pamphlet

What even is the purpose of these reading groups? They fizzle out within 1 or 2 threads. Just read the book and make a bait post about it to get people talking.

There is such a thing as reading too slowly

been meaning to read it for a while, lets do this. currently on moby dick group and rereading the divine comedy, but its doable

OP here, I hear you, I'll make the schedule faster

Read it already. Will stick around for your insights.

I'm in

I will participate.

I read it for the first time recently, but I might show up to threads for discussion.

OP here, updated the schedule to be a bit faster

Already read it, but I'll look at the threads every once in a while

Group readings of long books never last.

Cool, I was planning on rereading it but and it might be fun to hear you guys' insights. Count me in.

war & peace lasted, and moby dick is lasting, tomorrow will complete 10 days

>summer reading group for a "book" that takes literally 2 hours to read

for what purpose tho

>almost a month to get through a 100 page book

Never participated in something like this. Seems interesting

Op is trying to do a community activity on Veeky Forums.
I fear a month won't be long enough.

This seems cool i have also been wanting to read this book for a while
im down OP

>reading group
>schedule
Nigga it's 100 pages you could down it in an afternoon

Count me in

Good job user, I'm in.

I'll join user

I already read it lel

favorite part is when him and liza were talking in bed.

same, the underground man just lashes out beautifully

I read it before when I was at a difficult point in my life and it helped me a lot. I'd be in for a reread.

i'm in.

>tfw i started reading this in february and still havent finished it

muh liver

Day 1 is today, thread is here: