Onion Rings Appreciation Thread

is this honorary onion rings

Ketchup, mustard or ranch for dipping?

Better question is, beer-battered or panko?

not as good, the middle bits are still raw onion usually

bacon wrapped

Ketchup
Panko

Is there anything you have to do to the onion itself before you batter it? I dislike some onion rings because they seem like they aren't cooked when the onion ring is being fried. Is this intentional? Am I being weird...Am I have an existential crisis?

mix of ketchup, mayo, and sugar packets

I've made breaded fried tendies and shrimp several times. I tried to make onion rings once and it was a complete disaster, everything just falls right off. I should probably Google a recipe some time and try again. No fucking clue what the secret was.

I just don't know what it is. I just hate soggy/uncooked onion rings or the perception thereof and therefor I'm extremly picky about my onion rings. I'm curious how to properly cook them as well.

the grease goes right fucking through me and i get nightmare shits eveerytime i eat these but fuck me they're delicious and i won't stop at anything to shove these greasy buttdevils down my gullet

Hot sauce.

Zesty sauce

I work at a texas roadhouse and our blossoms are perfect each time. If you get one still raw in some areas there are some head ass niggas working fry

honey

say g'day to your aussie overlords faggots

This was my favorite shit when I was a kid. Every time we were in the city I'd beg my parents to take me to the outback. of course they say yes and every time we'd get a Bloomin Onion.

I was such an australiophile... Steve Irwin was my hero and I had a Steve Irwin doll I'd carry around with me all the time.

Little did I know that my entire adult experience with Aussies would just be shitposters and bogans. I wanna go back.

The only good thing outback does is the bloomin onion though. Steak is shit, burgers are shit, chicken is shit, surprised they are still a chain.

Battered > Breaded

I haven't eaten there in a long time, but I remember their grilled shrimp being on point, and also their black bread.

no sauce just hot and salted.

Battered, fried, frozen and flash fried was the way we made them at the last place I worked.

Correct

Also, some places use onion paste rather than an actual onion. I think it goes without saying that the latter is superior.

>sugar packets
you're already using ketchup, you diabetic fuck

The bread is solid, I think it's pumpernickel. I can't comment on the shrimp because I never tried it.

disgusting manchild, not everything needs to be smothered in sugary condiments

fuck you

onion rings are pretty good

dipping sauce for onion rings isn't good because unlike french fries the onions have a good amount of moisture and rich flavor in them. it's better just to spritz a little bit of lemon juice over the rings instead.

Had these the other week, so good

Honey mustard
Did you just stop eating sugary condiments, so now you overreact to someone saying they use ketchup? His post didn't imply smothering them in sugary condiments, and mustard/ranch aren't sugary.