Need books to help me stay sober

Need books to help me stay sober.

what from?

The Bible.

I have a drug problem in general. Whatever I can get my hands on.

I was like this a year and a half ago. Do you have a certain drug or genre of drug that you would describe as your main problem? For me it was meth and xanax

Letters from a Stoic, if you're into Ancient philosophy with some in-your-face preaching
Infinite Jest, if you like DFW (I don't)

Im constantly smoked weed. It doesn't get me high anymore and I have been taking harder drugs more and more frequently in its place to replace the high; xanax, alcohol, coke, mdma, mystery pills, kratom.

Thinking of building a healthy addiction to kratom. How high does it make you?

maybe read Counterparts from Dubliners to realize how ridiculous drug abuse looks

How do you expect to be able to read a book if you cannot even muster up enough self-discipline to not get high or drunk?

A book can't make you stay sober. See a hypnotherapist (yes, hypnosis isn't a joke and actually has valid medical uses, especially in treating drug addiction) (not that you're likely to find a good hypnotherapist specializing in addictions, btw) or at least just a normal psychologist or get into rehab or something.

>yes, hypnosis isn't a joke
People take hypnosis as a joke? What is this? The 18th century?

Ride The Tiger

I was addicted to kratom for 2 1/2 years and that shit is poison bro, honestly the acute withdrawls were not that bad, kind of like having the flu, but the post acute shit is terrible, 2 months later and I still feel like shit, get off asap

Grow up. If you don't have an addiction then it's clearly not a problem.

>weed doesn't get me high anymore
That's not how it works

Why are you getting high though?

Ya thats a slippery slope. I got to a point where I was spontaneously passing out and falling to the floor throughout the day. I constantly heard police sirens and thought I was being followed. At one point I hallucinated helicopters and police cars circling my apartment and I paced around expecting any second for police to burst in. That episode lasted about 3 hours. If you think things are bad now, it will only get worse and you will be more unhappy. It's time to quit everything user.

The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem is a great choice if you're worried you have no self control, no way to build it, and on are on spiraling trip down into pure addled hopelessness.

If you're not getting high, then you have to endure the lows, you need to cope with the way you cope. Don't look to other addicts for solidarity, at least not until you're back up to a week sober, it's too easy to let them justify you're actions. It can be very difficult, if you have a friend you trust it's ten times easier, but if you're going it alone you can make it better if you focus on constant improvement. Growing up is good advice. Responsibilities keep a person straight. This is all simple enough that you know already, though.

Sorry if I sound preachy.

Unironically Infinite Jest

This

Under the Volcano is one of the most brutal depictions of alcoholism I've ever encountered.
The guy is absolutely desperate to stop and watches his entire life fall apart around him because he physically can't.