Raw ground sirloin?

okay so i work in a butcher shop and today some guy came in and asked for a pound of ground sirloin, once I had printed his ticket he took a pinch and threw it right in his goddamn mouth right then and there while looking me dead in the eyeballs, and later on when i mentioned it to another customer she mentioned that she also sometimes eats raw ground sirloin, this is a recurring theme, but only ever ground sirloin

tldr: why do people eat raw ground sirloin? this is obviously not safe.

Other urls found in this thread:

foodsafetynews.com/2011/05/two-deaths-in-e-coli-o111-outbreak-in-japan/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

my grandfather ate 2lbs of medium ground beef raw with a pinch of salt a week.

The worms in his gut......... i can just imagine

fuck if I know, and I ate raw bacon when I was a kid.
still do sometimes, grab one strip or a piece out of the bits and ends pack when I fry it all up, but when I was a kid sometimes I'd eat a fucking PACK of it.

why yes my parents were morbidly obese, why do you ask?

>this is obviously not safe.
Why? You don't keep your shop clean?

of course i make sure it's clean, you smug fuck. what are you implying?

americans have trouble resisting putting food in their mouth when it's placed in front of them, no matter if it's cooked or not

At least Americans can eat whatever they want without Sharia law telling them otherwise

They aren't libcuck numales and actually have an immune system, bitchboy.

The only reason ground meat is any more dangerous than any other meat is because it has more surfaces exposed to the grinder.

raw meat is great if your not a soyboy

imagine being this obsessed

That's not accurate at all.

The reason ground beef is viewed as being more of a health risk, is because of E.coli. Specifically, because E.coli tends to contaminate the outer surface of the cut of beef. When you toss it into a grinder, it gets all mixed together. This is why it's recommended to always prepare ground beef well done, but you can be fine with a blue ribeye.

why aren't these people who eat raw ground beef dropping dead then?

In usa there are no worms you dumb 3rd worlders

They probably are you fucking weiner

proofs?

>Natural Beef
this sounds safe to eat raw

>this is obviously not safe.

Unless you live in some third world shithole, fresh raw beef is completely safe for consumption. Poultry isn't safe raw because of salmonella, but cows don't have anything dangerous.

Still, raw tastes weird so I don't know why you'd do it. It is safe though.

Eating even ground pork is veery coomon trrroughout Germany. It's called Mett. there are also Mett sausages. Pic related, a party buffet style Mett hedgehog.

>veery coomon trrroughout
this was just my fucking keyboard

Why do Germans love hedgehogs?

That is exactly what the person you quoted said.

Grandfather would do this shit. Years ago he was in a factory where they processed ground beef and a mouse jumped into the grinder while it was running and the manager said it would cost too much to stop the machine so they let it go.

i thought it was your German accent

something something sonichu something something autism

eating bacon doesn't make you fat. eating pancakes with it does

Dumb luck

Well Ron Jeremy is a pretty nice guy for starters.

Why does you meat have E coli on it to begin with?
Do you age it in a port-a-potty?

no we age it in a steer

They're probably hoping to contract e-coli, survive and sue you for everything except the rags on your back.

imagine being this obese

It all depends on how fresh and well cooled the meat was. Raw meat is perfectly edible and tasty.

Maybe it's the meat industry not wanting to be sued so they emphasize the need to heat all meat.

Also helps if you get it from a farmer and butcher that focus on it, instead of ones that emphasise throughput.

Depends on what the standards are. I think meat that gets sold for raw consumption here needs to undergo additional testing (for parasites and germs)

Nothing wrong with worms.
Just a little extra metabolism with your normal metabolism.
Really helps you keep the pounds off when you eat more than the recommended daily caloric intake.

I'd rather not consume the flesh of a sentient being and get cancer, thank you very much.

"yeah parasites aren't bad for you they're actually good for you"

>not knowing the joys of steak tartare with vodka shots
why do amerikanskis have such shit taste?

fucking vegans

It's not always the best that emigrate.

>Thinking someone is actually arguing for people to get/keep parasites in their intestinal tract because they will eat a minuscule of the food you eat.
Come on dude.

Must taste really good after 40 years of beat rations and hard tack.
>Russians criticizing literally anyone.

>amerikanski's diet so unhealthy his mind weak and he reply to wrong post
pathetic

*pasteurizes your cheese*

What kind of dumb fuck butcher thinks you can't eat raw meat? God damn, how are you still in business being that stupi-
>is american

oh right, the country where people make profit off deep fried butter.

Used to work with a samoan guy who ate raw bacon. He was built like dwayne johnson so it didn't seem to be doing much harm

He'd carry it into the bush as a camping snack, so it was spending a day or two in his pack. Probably freezing or getting close at night. Reckoned he ate it like that since he was a kid in the islands.

Noice. Had tiger meat a few months ago just the same way.

they make for great footballs if you have steel-toed jackboots

You'll note from the picture that the meat in the tartare is finely chopped, and not ground. Chopping it means you don't mix in all the surface bacteria, and it is (in theory) safer.

The difference between that and fresh (as in the OPs story) ground beef is going to be tiny, though.

>Implying I can't buy "fish bait."
While the FDA and Kraft Bribes can fuck-off, you should fuck off as well.
If you actually have friends, purchasing raw milk or fresh unbleached eggs is easy and cheap.

>At least Americans can eat whatever they want without Sharia law telling them otherwise

No you have multinational (((agribusiness))) telling you instead.

>If you actually have friends, purchasing heroin or fresh unbleached eggs is easy and cheap.

Yeah except you make it sound like a fucking drug deal.

"Psst, buddy: you want any unpasteurized cheese? You ain't the FDA are you?"

"You want something a bit...harder?"
*pulls out a Kinder Surprise*

>why do people eat raw ground sirloin? this is obviously not safe.
Freshly ground beef should be safe unless your shop or provider is unsanitary. Or you or extremely aged and have AIDS.

You guys buy raw milk cheeses and are milk easily. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea it's impossible or even hard. I just got some raw milk parmegiano yesterday.

it is very common for people in other cultures to consume various types of raw meats. If the sirloin was freshly ground, and your shop maintains cleanliness it is perfectly safe. Raw meat has some enzymes and vitamins that are more accessible eaten raw. It is not to say you should do it all the time or often, but it is fine in small amounts and even nutritious.

Bullshit you work in a butcher shop. If you did you wouldn't think eating freshly-ground sirloin from a butcher shop was unsafe.

Can't believe I even replied to your bait.

Do you retards think they clean the grinder after every grind? The grinder gets cleaned once at the end of the day. Bacteria starts to builds up after the very first grind on the walls.

Depending on the state and/or city, yes they can clean after every use. If not, most places will break it down every 4 hours or so, and wipe it down with quat every use.

I'm 38 and have been eating raw meats since my teens, plenty of it ground. I wouldn't thaw out one of those pink pucks and eat it raw, but if I grind it or a butcher does, I don't need to worry.

And with 20+ years of this habit with nary a sickday, I obviously DON'T need to worry.

But whatever, my grandparents were just as needlessly worried about such antiquated nonsense.

My nigga

Why do they love David Hasselhoff? No one knows...

Does your boss, a BUTCHER, share your erroneous views?

>Depending on the state and/or city, yes they can clean after every use.
This is extremely uncommon with no relevance to state or city. 4 hours is more likely, but bacterial growth is exponential after an hour or two.

>tfw our grandfather used to relax by putting ticks in his pubic hair and pranking us (his grandsons) by pretending he had very large lice
>used them as an excuse to my ugly grandmother why he couldn't fuck her
>died of hermorrhagic fever

fuck ticks

Every 14 minutes or so they double, or so I was taught. That is indeed exponential growth and I wish my investments did that. However, your body is frequently exposed to those bacteria, and can take a shit-ton of them.

You can't prove anything.

Don't lump us all in with OP

Now, what did I say about eating raw meat son?

I really hope you changed your IP address, cause the FBI is gonna be all over your ass after this post.

Americans have cheese police?

No, but there is a place in Wisconsin that issues silver bullets.

One of their most prolific and well funded institutions. Right up there with The Center for Better High Fructose Corn Syrup (CBHFCS) and The Rascal Scooter Research Administration (RSRA).

you're retarded

Its okay achmed, just pick around the bacon, no need to bitch about meat that is all divided by section

>
>you're retarded
No, I think you are...fat alone doesn't make you fat.

foodsafetynews.com/2011/05/two-deaths-in-e-coli-o111-outbreak-in-japan/

All in all there are not a lot of e-coli deaths a year though, and a percentage of them will be caused by contaminated vegetables rather than meat (wash your raw veggies and fruit).